PDA

View Full Version : Dem [pollster: "ABANDON SHIP!"

LWW
09-15-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polling leading up to the race indicated Obama was dragging down the Democratic candidate. Democratic pollster Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling said that a Turner win would be “largely due to the incredible unpopularity of Barack Obama dragging his party down in the district” after PPP’s polling found Obama with just 31 percent approval in a district he won with 55 percent of the vote in 2008.

A Democratic strategist said Obama has become such a problem for down-ticket Democrats that he was wary of encouraging candidates to run next year. “I’m warning my clients — ‘Don’t run in 2012.’ I don’t want to see good candidates lose by 12 to 15 points because of the president,” said the strategist.

National Democrats expected early on that they would have no problems holding the district, even though it has trended Republican over the last decade. But when the race tightened the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee decided to spend $500,000 on television ads in the highly expensive media market, while the Democratic outside group House Majority PAC has spent an additional $100,000. Republicans were badly outspent in the race, but it didn’t matter. </div></div>

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/09/14/new-york-fallout-dem-strategist-warns-candidates-not-to-run-in-2012/)

Sev
09-15-2011, 06:30 AM
I am loving all the spin out there.

The Dems all look like they bit into something quite bitter.

I was rolling when they interviewed Pelosi.

LWW
09-15-2011, 06:44 AM
I blame Bush.

Sev
09-15-2011, 07:21 AM
It was Nixon!!

LWW
09-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Hatred of Nixon is yet another case of moonbattery.

Nixon, much like Bush 41 and Bush 43, was a statist to the core ... among the most far left ever to hold the office.

But, he chose the wrong letter to follow his name on the ballot ... and for that the moonbat crazy left will never forgive him.

Soflasnapper
09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polling leading up to the race indicated Obama was dragging down the Democratic candidate. Democratic pollster Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling said that a Turner win would be “largely due to the incredible unpopularity of Barack Obama dragging his party down in the district” after PPP’s polling found Obama with just 31 percent approval in a district he won with 55 percent of the vote in 2008.

A Democratic strategist said Obama has become such a problem for down-ticket Democrats that he was wary of encouraging candidates to run next year. “I’m warning my clients — ‘Don’t run in 2012.’ I don’t want to see good candidates lose by 12 to 15 points because of the president,” said the strategist.

National Democrats expected early on that they would have no problems holding the district, even though it has trended Republican over the last decade. But when the race tightened the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee decided to spend $500,000 on television ads in the highly expensive media market, while the Democratic outside group House Majority PAC has spent an additional $100,000. Republicans were badly outspent in the race, but it didn’t matter. </div></div>

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/09/14/new-york-fallout-dem-strategist-warns-candidates-not-to-run-in-2012/)
</div></div>

That would be advice to not board the ship, not to abandon it, which requires someone already be ON the ship.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2011, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polling leading up to the race indicated Obama was dragging down the Democratic candidate. Democratic pollster Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling said that a Turner win would be “largely due to the incredible unpopularity of Barack Obama dragging his party down in the district” after PPP’s polling found Obama with just 31 percent approval in a district he won with 55 percent of the vote in 2008.

</div></div>

That would be advice to not board the ship, not to abandon it, which requires someone already be ON the ship.

</div></div>

Another flushable load of crap, from the forum's flushable crapper!

President Obama is polling higher than anny of the Repiglican wannabe's.

His Approval numbers are higher than the REpiglican controlled House of Representatives.

The majority of people in this country continue to see through the BS, and blame BUSH, for our collapsed economy, and near Bush/Depression.

As usual, the right spreads lies and tries to cover up their desperation over not having a single viable candidate.

More BS, from the RW BSers who twist everything into their desired alternate reality.

G.

Sev
09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Perhaps you should take a nap old girl. You appear a bit over wrought.

LWW
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
With the "ship" being the democratic party ... for your lame claim to be correct, he would have had to be consulting tea partyists as to whether they shoul run or not as a (D).

Are you that desperate?

Soflasnapper
09-16-2011, 04:44 PM
For you to be correct, he'd be advising prospective D candidates and serving D members to switch parties and run (or serve) as Rs.