PDA

View Full Version : Poolrooms in Downtown Atlanta?

Chris in NC
09-20-2002, 05:08 PM
We're going to Atlanta on short notice tomorrow to see an afternoon Braves game and spending the night downtown at the Marriot Marquis Hotel. Would anyone here happen to know of any good poolrooms in the downtown area we might check out, or of any other nice rooms nearby that might be worth the trip? All I've heard of is Mr. Cues II somewhere in the suburbs, but don't even know where that is. Thanks. - Chris in NC

MikeM
09-20-2002, 05:47 PM
I was in Atlanta in May and went to Barley's. Very nice place, only have 8 footers though. Non-smoking and they have good house cues. It is only a block or two from the Marriott Marquis, which is a very nice hotel.

MM

heater451
09-20-2002, 06:25 PM
Here's the link with 411 on area rooms--

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=2435&S earch=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=atlanta&Match=Enti re%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Mai n=2267

Mike is right, though, about Barley's being close to the Marriott (stumbling distance, I think). They used to be where the "Pool House" is now, and I played there (nice) before they moved. I have not been to the new place, but I drove by it a few weeks back (also nice).

http://www.barleysatlanta.com/

======================

Scott Lee
09-21-2002, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris in NC:</font><hr>All I've heard of is Mr. Cues II somewhere in the suburbs, but don't even know where that is. Thanks. - Chris in NC <hr></blockquote>

Chris...If you're driving, Mr. Cues II is a 10 minute drive (at night with no traffic) from downtown, right up 85. Exit 285E, then first exit after that...take a right, and the poolroom is in the shopping center on your right. Definitely worth visiting, if you have never seen it! Good players, and all Kim Steel tables.

Scott Lee

preacherman
09-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Not sure you will find any places as nice as yours in NC.
But my favorite place is Barley's in downtown. Very nice
tables and nice atmosphere. Tell them Jim sent you :-)

Jim

09-23-2002, 04:59 PM
Chris: Larry Cooper (owner of Barleys) is a very talented BCA Instructor......randyg