PDA

View Full Version : Photos Inspire Ridiculous Headline

Qtec
09-16-2011, 12:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Investigating cyber criminals is a hard job -- but somebody's gotta do it.

Scarlett Johansson has a P.R. problem this week now that nude photos of her have supposedly been circulated by hackers. Because she's famous (we guess) this falls under the F.B.I.'s jurisdiction, but we couldn't help but chuckle at the phrasing of the headline reporting that fact below.

Redditer EternalNite spotted what can only be discribed as a byproduct of this week's tabloid topper and added, "I'm sure they will."

Let's hope they get to the bottom of this before the agents get too "hands on" (Sorry, we had to). </div></div>

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/352651/FBI-SCARJO.jpg

LOL

Q

LWW
09-16-2011, 05:28 AM
That's a common journalistic tactic in the states.

One of my favorites was from about 10 years ago in the sports page. The Cincinnati Reds had hired a pitcher that had been a star in the Korean baseball league by the name of Jung Keun Bong (SP?) ... well, his career was short and unspectacular but he dd pitch one really good game against the LA Dodgers.

The headline in the sports section the next day read:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"DODGERS MANAGE 5 HITS OFF BONG, LOSE 13-0"</span>

Soflasnapper
09-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Good one there! LOL!

Just look at any of the NY tabloids (NY Post, The Daily News, etc.) for comparable headline punning and general bad boy shots.

Weinergate was one of the golden eras for this art form, culminating in the final, 'Weiner pulls out!'