PDA

View Full Version : Second only to Jimmy ...

LWW
09-16-2011, 05:58 AM
... as the least popular POTUS at this point in their regime.

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx)

Soflasnapper
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... as the least popular POTUS at this point in their regime.

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx)
</div></div>

Not exactly, of course, as we've come to expect from this poster.

These are not measures of popularity, but of job approval. There is a separate category closer to popularity called personal approval, a measure on which Obama does far better than on job approval.

If you click on the Reagan job approval record, we see an amazing fact that it is only about NOW that Reagan's job approval takes a very tiny lead over Obama's at this time. Very tiny lead, very hard to even see. For a considerable period of the Gipper's first term, his job approval was lower than Obama's, and actually right up to this time (just before now).

See the comparison for yourself at this clever graphical device supplied by Gallup, but note, no more than 4 presidencies at a time can be graphed.

LWW
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UP IS DOWN ...

EAST IS WEST ...

BARACK OBAMA TELLS ME WHAT'S BEST ...

THE SKY IS GREEN ...

THE GRASS IS BLUE ...

IF THE PARTY SAYS IT, I KNOW IT'S TRUE ...</div></div>

Soflasnapper
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
So you now edit the quotes to make them say anything you want.

Meaning any and all citations from you of others 'quotes' may or may not be true? Good to realize, and thanks.

I made two simple and accurate points.

Job approval and personal popularity are two different things. And IF you want to conflate the two, Reagan was BELOW where Obama has been until maybe a month ago or less. From your linked graphic gizmo, which see.

LWW
09-17-2011, 03:17 AM
No ... I demonstrate your absurdity with absurdity.

Your position is that the people are unhappy with Obama because they like him.

Use your logic and think about the drivel that you constantly post in a lame effort to shine the image of your godking.

Soflasnapper
09-17-2011, 12:40 PM
For one with such a Sunni disposition, you are sure full of Shiite!

Your position is that the people are unhappy with Obama because they like him.

That's your absurdist take on my position, yes, I agree. However, it requires that you ignore the frequent dichotomy of opinion people often express, that they may like someone, but think they cannot do the job so well.

We have a recent example in both Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham stating they think Sarah Palin should not run for the presidency. I think they like her fine, but DESPITE that affection they feel for her personally, STILL do not want her to run (for whatever reason).

This is your main defect of reasoning, that something can be true AND ALSO that something that seems to run against the grain of the first thing can also be true. I know it makes your head hurt, but put on a tight cap and maybe then your head won't explode.

It was ALSO TRUE of Reagan in this part of his term. His job approval got very low, into the 30%s iirc, but the people approved of him personally quite a bit.

Use your logic and think about the drivel that you constantly post in a lame effort to shine the image of your godking.

When I say, 'it's not as bad as you claim!,' that to you is shining up the image of my godking?

No, I'm disagreeing with your illogic and near-zero grasp of facts, not to mention your solipsistic delusion that words mean whatever you think they mean.

If you'd learn to use words correctly, as usage dictates, and not grotesquely overstate your conclusions, I'd have much less to push back on.

But you can't help yourself, you can't stick to the plain truth, and you must at all times attack with an ends justifies the means technique.

LWW
09-17-2011, 05:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For one with such a Sunni disposition, you are sure full of Shiite!</div></div>

Ahhh ... you made a funny.

Maybe you aren't entirely robotic after all.