PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant, Extremely Well Spoken, Gorgeous at 70!

Gayle in MD
09-17-2011, 08:35 AM
She is able to articulate perfectly, the truth, the solutions, and the heartbreaking reality of the un-American, wrong headed views of the Tea Party Terrorists, as well as the Failure of RW Policies of Repiglicans, and with tremendus class and integrity.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44560073#44560161

Bravo!

G.

Soflasnapper
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Rep. Pelosi is a most accomplished woman and member of Congress.

That said, and I like her, she is not the best at verbal communication, despite her intelligence and knowledge of the subject matter.

Nothing she says on the clip is cringe-inducing, and it's all correct in my view, but she's not a great spokesperson for the Democrats, despite her telegenic assets.

Some people are better at the internal workings than at the external communications, and I put both leader Reid and former Speaker, now Minority Leader Pelosi in that category.

Gayle in MD
09-19-2011, 11:53 PM
I can agree about Reid. His voice is always rather weak sounding, it's not a good representation of his true nature, IMO, and surely doesn't inspire any enthusiastic interest.

But I have a different take on former Speaker Pelosi. Not just that I've always found her exceptionally concise, with the facts at her command, but I think she makes a pleasant presentation, not huffy, but not mushy, either.

Perhaps I'm influenced by my fondness and respect for her? Or maybe because she states the facts, without a lot of bravado.

I think she has a very warm personality, in person, so perhaps that influences the way I experience her media appearances.

G.

Soflasnapper
09-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, Speakers aren't usually in the media spotlight, and their skill sets do not require public speaking chops.

I cannot remember Speaker Hastert saying one thing memorable. He wisely kept himself under wraps and left the public speaking to others. Gingrich was an obvious exception to this general rule.