PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow attacks.... Jon Huntsman???

Soflasnapper
09-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I was taken aback to find the Rachel Maddow Show directing fire against Jon Huntsman.

Not that what she said was wrong. But that he is such a minor figure, threatening to just about nobody, as he rides his 'steady' 1% ratings in the current contests to nowhere.

'They' say that 'the left' only attacks people they fear can win. Who thinks that Huntsman can win? He had a higher number for him in New Hampshire BEFORE he announced, and since announcement, he's dropped that support in half.

Her point was simple, and made sense. She asked, WHY IN THE WORLD is this guy still allowed in the debates? HOW IN THE WORLD is he picking up semi-major backers, like Tom Ridge just this past week? (Admittedly, Ridge is now a retired GOP official without portfolio.)

Rachel mentioned that Huntsman JUST picked up a new campaign chair or campaign finance chair-- a big backer of Rick Perry's.

So this is my theory. Huntsman as a generic but more moderate Republican is thought to have an overlapping constituency with Mitt Romney (both Mormons, Huntsman as the former Gov. of Utah where the Mormons dominate the populace, etc.).

Keeping him in the race will partially bleed off voters from Romney, helping Perry in his two-way race with Romney. Which is why a Perry backer would take on this new position with Huntsman.

Qtec
09-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I liked this,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"As I watch the Republican debates, I realize that we are on the brink of a crazy person running our nation. I sit in front of the television and shudder at the thought of one of these creationism-loving, global-warming-denying, immigration-bashing, Social-Security-cutting, clean-air-hating, mortality-fascinated, Wall-Street-protecting Republicans running my country". </div></div>

Only in America could a no-brain snake oil salesman in a $2,000 suit be even considered for any office, never mind POTUS.

Can you imagine M.B as POTUS?

There's a nightmare situation for you.

They are acting like RW pundits trying to out do each other but not by appealing to the moderates. No, they go more and more to the right and that will be their downfall come election time.

The GOP is run these days by the nutty TP and controlled by Wall St and the other big players.

Q

LWW
09-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Your naivete is often astounding.

Let me explain ... Huntsman is an opponent of dear leader and therefor must be destroyed.

LWW
09-18-2011, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in America could a no-brain snake oil salesman in a $2,000 suit be even considered for any office, never mind POTUS.

Q </div></div>

Yet, because of folks like you ... he won.

Soflasnapper
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your naivete is often astounding.

Let me explain ... Huntsman is an opponent of dear leader and therefor must be destroyed. </div></div>

ALL THE FIELD in those debates are opponents of Obama, so I still ask why this man, an also ran and probably soon to be out of the race, gets a whole TRMS segment.

Now it IS true that he WAS considered a potential problem candidate for Obama's re-election, but that would seem to be a question that answered itself, as the dogs won't eat this dog food, so to speak.

To BE a big problem for Obama, wouldn't he have to... you know... WIN THE NOMINATION? And aren't chances of that about zero?

It's far from obvious to me why the targeting occurred. He is in no way surging to anything but withdrawing from the race, and soon, IMO.

Soflasnapper
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Agree with that all, except the first sentence.

I think other places might consider similar people for high office, and as head of the country, although typically they'd wear military uniforms rather than $2,000 civilian men's suits.

LWW
09-19-2011, 02:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your naivete is often astounding.

Let me explain ... Huntsman is an opponent of dear leader and therefor must be destroyed. </div></div>

ALL THE FIELD in those debates are opponents of Obama, so I still ask why this man ... </div></div>

You are confused because you assume that Madcow has attempted to destroy only him.

Madcow has tried to destroy everyone who opposes her messiah.