PDA

View Full Version : Who would have guessed this?

LWW
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Republican lawmakers begin to dig into the White House's cozy relationship with a startup wireless company and the wealthy Democratic donor who owns it, a new character has appeared on the story's edges: liberal superdonor, conservative bete noire and controversial investor George Soros.

Soros reportedly invested in the telecom company LightSquared through a hedge fund, and many of the nonprofits he finances have backed LightSquared in regulatory and policy disputes. ...

Here's the potential scandal: Ahead of Shelton's testimony, White House officials nudged Shelton to go easy on LightSquared, according to Daily Beast reporter Eli Lake. Shelton reportedly said that someone (presumably in the administration) had leaked the first draft of his testimony to LightSquared -- which Falcone denies.

Another government official said the White House pushed him to downplay the GPS worries.

Falcone is a big political donor who has given exclusively to Democrats and independents since Obama's election. Emails have surfaced showing LightSquared executives discussing donations to Obama's campaign in policy conversations with White House officials. Finally, there's the eye-catching detail that another Obama donor, George Haywood, steered then-Sen. Obama to invest $90,000 in the company (then named SkyTerra) back in 2005. ...

LightSquared's main lobbying firm is owned by Norman Brownstein, a major fundraiser for Obama's 2008 nominating convention.

Into this stew of lobbying, investments, regulation and influence, enter Soros. ...

In the LightSquared affair, Soros shows up repeatedly.

First, Soros is reportedly an investor in LightSquared. The Wall Street Journal reported in November 2010: "In 2009, while some investors were asking for withdrawals, others were lining up to put money into Harbinger. They included Soros Fund Management, which during the past year became a significant new investor, say people familiar with the matter." ...

I asked about this, but a Soros spokesman emailed me, "As a matter of policy, we don't confirm or deny information on our investments."

Additionally, the telecom- and tech-related liberal nonprofits Soros funds have gone to bat for LightSquared in its various policy fights. In April 2010, the Public Interest Spectrum Coalition filed a petition with the Federal Communications Commission backing Harbinger's business plans and met with an FCC commissioner on the matter. Four groups that belong to that coalition received six-figure gifts from Soros' Open Society Institute the year before.

Six months later, those four Soros-funded groups -- Free Press, Media Access Project, the New America Foundation, and Public Knowledge -- filed a joint comment backing LightSquared in a related regulatory matter. ...

Still, as Congress begins looking into the politics behind LightSquared's regulatory victories, it's worth asking if Soros, the Left's leading donor, played a role in the affair. </div></div>

Anyone want to defend the regime on this one? (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/soros-turns-obamas-lightsquared-imbroglio)

Or will it be ignored for reasons of plausible deniability?

Sev
09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Its def an interesting development.

LWW
09-22-2011, 03:32 PM
The cabal has been deafening in it's silence.

Soflasnapper
09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Still, as Congress begins looking into the politics behind LightSquared's regulatory victories, it's worth asking if Soros, the Left's leading donor, played a role in the affair.

Let them ask away! Until the questions are asked and answered, what we have here are unanswered questions that have not even been asked (by the Congress, to material witnesses).

Unanswered questions not even asked yet do not call for defending the administration.

You're presuming the answers are known, seems to me.

The actual answer to whether all administration officials about to testify to Congress have their briefs examined to ensure that, and tweaked if they are not, consistent with administration policies is 'yes.' Which is true of this administration, as well as all previous to it.

The shocking truth! Oh my!

llotter
09-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Not only are we suffering from a moron in the WH but, not surprisingly, a crook to boot. That is well within the African tradition. I wonder if the investigators will follow the money into Swiss accounts.

LWW
09-23-2011, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still, as Congress begins looking into the politics behind LightSquared's regulatory victories, it's worth asking if Soros, the Left's leading donor, played a role in the affair.

Let them ask away! Until the questions are asked and answered, what we have here are unanswered questions that have not even been asked (by the Congress, to material witnesses).

Unanswered questions not even asked yet do not call for defending the administration.

You're presuming the answers are known, seems to me.

The actual answer to whether all administration officials about to testify to Congress have their briefs examined to ensure that, and tweaked if they are not, consistent with administration policies is 'yes.' Which is true of this administration, as well as all previous to it.

The shocking truth! Oh my!

</div></div>

You kill me bro.

You will accept the statements of criminals and lunatics as inviolable truth when it advances the moonbart agenda ... and will ignore overwhelming data when it doesn't.

But, you being an Obamatron, I have learned to expect nothing less.

Soflasnapper
09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
While you leap to judge every rumor and innuendo entirely true at least if it dings Obama or his administration?

How many things have you pushed just here that have turned out to have been nothing in the end?

You show no learning curve, and simply jump on the next 'wolf!' or 'sky is falling!' tid bit as if it must be the gospel truth.

You and all of us are subject to the endless spewing of the right wing noise machine. You appear unwilling to grasp that fact.

LWW
09-24-2011, 01:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you leap to judge every rumor and innuendo entirely true at least if it dings Obama or his administration?

How many things have you pushed just here that have turned out to have been nothing in the end?

You show no learning curve, and simply jump on the next 'wolf!' or 'sky is falling!' tid bit as if it must be the gospel truth.

You and all of us are subject to the endless spewing of the right wing noise machine. You appear unwilling to grasp that fact.
</div></div>

After a decade of <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"B-B-B-BOOOOSH MADE MY CAR NOT START!!!!!"</span> and incessant claims of mystery flights to Paris with <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"B-B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!!"</span> ... in combination other ongoing fits of moonbattery ... that claim is quite comical.

Stretch
09-24-2011, 01:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you leap to judge every rumor and innuendo entirely true at least if it dings Obama or his administration?

</div></div>

After a decade of <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"B-B-B-BOOOOSH MADE MY CAR NOT START!!!!!"</span> and incessant claims of mystery flights to Paris with <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"B-B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!!"</span> ... in combination other ongoing fits of moonbattery ... that claim is quite comical.
</div></div>

We understand, this is all just your personal Jihad against those big meanies that objected to the biggest political tragedy in U.S. history, Bush. We also understand that in your tortured mind the only way you can exorcise the Bush Horror is to portray your tormentors Leader as an even worse monster than your Hero. It's cool, purge and be cleansed. You have cleansed this week i hope......St.

LWW
09-24-2011, 04:18 AM
That's funny.