PDA

View Full Version : HUFFINGTON POST: Troy Davis "GUILTY AS SIN!"

LWW
09-24-2011, 01:12 AM
OH DEAR! (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-hawkins/troy-davis-execution_b_975813.html)

Soflasnapper
09-24-2011, 12:28 PM
John Hawkins
John Hawkins
RSS Feed
Google+
GET UPDATES FROM John Hawkins
John Hawkins is a professional blogger who runs Right Wing News, Linkiest, Viral Footage, & Trending Right. You can read more from John Hawkins on Facebook, Twitter, G+, You Tube, and at Raising Red.

This is the author of that piece, which HuffPost decided to run for one reason or another, but assuredly NOT that they agreed with him.

Qtec
09-25-2011, 12:01 AM
From your link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite farfetched claims that large numbers of innocent men have been put to death, there's actually no solid evidence that an innocent man has been executed in this country in the last fifty years. </div></div>

'Q. How many people have been exonerated through DNA testing?

A. Since 1989, more than 250 people in 34 states have been exonerated through post-conviction DNA testing.'

Of the 250 death row prisoners who were freed, 75% were convicted on eye witness testimony. Given this fact, its statistically impossible to say that everyone who has been put to death was guilty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were 34 witnesses at the trial. Some of them were strangers. Some of them were friends of Davis. To this day, there are several people, some strangers and some former friends, who said they saw Davis shoot Officer Mark MacPhail and haven't recanted. <u>How many eyewitnesses to a murder should you need to convict someone?</u> </div></div>

How many eyewitnesses were non-police? Nine?

This article is loaded with lies and distortions and of course because it fits your agenda you lick it up.

Statement from Young, the drunk who got shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry Young
“<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I couldn’t honestly remember what anyone looked like or what different people were wearing. Plus, I had been drinking that day, so I just couldn’t tell who did what.</span> The cops didn’t want to hear that and kept pressing me to give them answers. They made it clear that we weren’t leaving until I told them what they
wanted to hear. They suggested answers and I would give them what they wanted. They put typed papers in my face and told me to sign them. <u>I did sign them without reading them.</u>” </div></div>

link (http://www.amnestyusa.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/affadavits.pdf)

Q.

Qtec
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point, off-duty policeman Mark MacPhail, <u>who was working security at the Greyhound Bus Station Terminal </u>connected to the Burger King, </div></div>

Would he still be wearing his police uniform? Anyone know?

Q

LWW
09-25-2011, 02:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point, off-duty policeman Mark MacPhail, <u>who was working security at the Greyhound Bus Station Terminal </u>connected to the Burger King, </div></div>

Would he still be wearing his police uniform? Anyone know?

Q </div></div>

What difference would it make?

LWW
09-25-2011, 02:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many eyewitnesses were non-police? Nine?

Q.

</div></div>

How many are enough?

LWW
09-25-2011, 02:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This article is loaded with lies and distortions and of course because it fits your agenda you lick it up.

Q.

</div></div>

Yet you can't point out what these "lies and distortions" are?

Qtec
09-25-2011, 05:06 AM
It makes a lot of difference if you had read any of the links I provided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Mr. Williams looked the other way, he saw a police
officer coming from behind a van waiting at the Burger King
drive-through window. </div></div>

If he was not on duty and not wearing a police uniform, why did this witness say, "he saw a police officer"

???????????

Q

LWW
09-25-2011, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It makes a lot of difference if you had read any of the links I provided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Mr. Williams looked the other way, he saw a police
officer coming from behind a van waiting at the Burger King
drive-through window. </div></div>

If he was not on duty and not wearing a police uniform, why did this witness say, "he saw a police officer"

???????????

Q </div></div>

As Chris Rock would say ... "That question is just ignorant!"

I can think of several answers:

1 - He was on his way to work.

2 - He was on his way home from work.

3 - He was working private security as a PT job, and security guards in the US almost exclusively dress in uniforms very similar to that of a LEO.

4 - He was working private security as a PT job in uniform. Many jurisdictions allow this.

Now ... how does that, in your tortured mind, equate to evidence of the killer's innocence?

cushioncrawler
09-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Its simple. If the police kan be shown to hav uzed force to obtain false witness in even one instance, then all other evidence iz tainted.
The verdikt be not guilty.
And the verdikt shood be guilty, the police were guilty.
mac.