PDA

View Full Version : ONE POCKET IN NEWZEALAND

Vagabond
03-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Hello friends,
Here in Newzealand pool world is not familiar with one pocket game.Many have not even heard about a game like that but the top pro s have heard about it but don`t know the nuances of the game.
I have introduced the one pocket game to some of the top pro s of Newzealand.At this time I can`t tell whether they are liking it or not.I hope they take interest and get some of the Grady`s tapes to learn the skills.(I donot know whether American made VCR tapes work on these machines.I am not a Technical guy)
Next week I am going to introduce this game to a top ranked female pro.All the tables,in the club I hang around,have three shim pockets and this is good for one pocket.
Vagabond

Rich R.
03-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Vagabond, you are performing a major international service by introducing the game of one-pocket to the good people of New Zealand. Maybe president Bush will make you the next Ambassador to New Zealand. LMAO. I do hope you are receiving some compensation for your trouble.

Let's see, Vagabond introducing one-pocket to top players with deep pockets. We will assume that you will not be returning any time soon. LMAO. Take care Vagabond. Rich R.

03-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Surely they will take interest. I thought 1-hole already was a world wide game. I can't see why top ranked players wouldn't take interest. Afterall, one pocket is the "Chess" of pocket billiards IMHO.

HarryDC
03-03-2002, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> Hello friends,
Here in Newzealand pool world is not familiar with one pocket game.Many have not even heard about a game like that but the top pro s have heard about it but don`t know the nuances of the game.
I have introduced the one pocket game to some of the top pro s of Newzealand.At this time I can`t tell whether they are liking it or not.I hope they take interest and get some of the Grady`s tapes to learn the skills.(I donot know whether American made VCR tapes work on these machines.I am not a Technical guy)
Next week I am going to introduce this game to a top ranked female pro.All the tables,in the club I hang around,have three shim pockets and this is good for one pocket.
Vagabond
<hr></blockquote>

Vag,

I'm in Swindon Whitshire, England for Challange Tour Snooker to see Ms. Kelly Fisher play. Say hello to Ms. Lorne Field for me. She Is a top Snooker and 9-Ball player in New Zeland. I cheered for her at World Games and Good Luck with one pocket it is my favorite game. Kiwi's are cool people.

HarryDC

03-04-2002, 11:59 PM
Here's your post vagabond! I am pretty sure a VHS tape will play in any country (most of them are made in Japan any way).

Hopefully you can get One pocket popular over there, good luck,

03-05-2002, 08:12 AM
The system in New Zealand (like in most of western world) is PAL VHS, so it may be that you cannot play US tapes (ntsc VHS):
http://www.sphereproject.org/pal_ntsc.htm
But at least in Western Europe, most new vcrs have "NTSC Playback" so you can watch, but not record the US standard.

One Pocket is not well-known here either. Because: it requires too much skill. It's all nine and eightball here.