PDA

View Full Version : CCB is great!...faults and all!

09-21-2002, 09:50 AM
I have only been a member of CCB for a short time now. But in the past month I feel I have seen the very best and worst that CCB has to offer.

During that short time, I have made several posts requesting information/opinions on a variety of pool-rated topics. A huge percentage of the replies were honest, sincere, informed, thoughtful, and most of all helpful. Several additional private replies were equally helpful and appreciated. IMO, such insightful opinions and assistance could not have been found anywhere else at any price.

The debate may continue over issues of moderating and controlling the content of CCB, but through it all, and whether or not any change actually occur, CCB is an incredible resource for all pool players and, IMHO, a community of people whose majority is genuinely interested in the promotion of the sport and the success of their fellow players.

I guess my point in posting this messge is simply to encourge both members and visitors to look past the occasional muckraking and namecalling to see that CCB is without peer as an information venue for pocket billiards and players of all levels.

There--now I feel better. Let's go play some pool.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2002, 10:37 AM
CueBald,
Good post, I have read some (not all, sorry) of your posts and you show a good level stroke on your posting style. I enjoy what I have read of yours.

I would hate to have any kind of imposed control on CCB. We are mostly adults that should be able to communicate on a decent level. And, we should be able to handle problem posters ourselves, and not rely on any strick controls.

When trash comes in (and it will always come in) we should be doing what we do normally, "Take the trash out".. The way the really smart and experienced posters do this is to "IGNORE" those trash posts. It works, if enough of the smart posters will do this.

Thanks for sharing your view.. I look forward to your future posts..

MikeM
09-21-2002, 06:02 PM

rackmup
09-21-2002, 08:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CueBald:</font><hr>...occasional muckraking and namecalling<hr></blockquote>

"Occasional" is the key word here. Just like at the poolroom...all of a sudden, someone you would least expect to have a verbal meltdown is over in the corner, swearing, throwing his cue on the floor and verbally berating his opponent.

No different here. Every once in awhile, someone gets under the epidermis of a fellow player/poster and everything sort of falls apart for a few days.

Then, just as quickly as it happened, everything gets back to normal just as fast.

It's part of being in this wonderful race known as "life".

Regards,

Ken