PDA

View Full Version : Finally, one trader confesses.

Qtec
09-27-2011, 03:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> International Trader: ‘I Go To Bed Every Night And I Dream Of Another Recession’

While European government and financial leaders are scrambling to prevent a financial crisis in the Eurozone that would likely throw the global economy into even more turmoil, stock trader Alessio Rastani took to BBC today to tell the world that traders were <u>looking forward to the possibility of a second big recession. </u><span style='font-size: 14pt'>“For most traders, it’s not about – we don’t really care that much how they’re going to fix the economy, how they’re going to fix the whole situation,” he said. “Our job is to make money from it.” </span><span style='font-size: 17pt'> Rastani, who also claimed “Goldman Sachs rules the world,”</span> said, “Personally, I’ve been dreaming of this moment for three years…I go to bed every night and I dream of another recession. <u>When the market crashes… if you know what to do, if you have the right plan set up, you can make a lot of money from this.” Watch it: </u></div></div>

..and the GOP say, "Oh those poor Wall St guys, give them a break."

Q

LWW
09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
So why does the Obama regime employ all these G-S folks?

Soflasnapper
09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
We've been through that claim already.

I found about 3 of them when I looked, mentioned that number, and got no dispute over that number.

What number do you put on G-S alumnae in the administration? More than 3?

LWW
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> International Trader: ‘I Go To Bed Every Night And I Dream Of Another Recession’

While European government and financial leaders are scrambling to prevent a financial crisis in the Eurozone that would likely throw the global economy into even more turmoil, stock trader Alessio Rastani took to BBC today to tell the world that traders were <u>looking forward to the possibility of a second big recession. </u><span style='font-size: 14pt'>“For most traders, it’s not about – we don’t really care that much how they’re going to fix the economy, how they’re going to fix the whole situation,” he said. “Our job is to make money from it.” </span><span style='font-size: 17pt'> Rastani, who also claimed “Goldman Sachs rules the world,”</span> said, “Personally, I’ve been dreaming of this moment for three years…I go to bed every night and I dream of another recession. <u>When the market crashes… if you know what to do, if you have the right plan set up, you can make a lot of money from this.” Watch it: </u></div></div>

..and the GOP say, "Oh those poor Wall St guys, give them a break."

Q </div></div>

PUNK'D (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/bbc-victim-hoax-no-yes-men-154724196.html)

LWW
09-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I guess you didn't look very hard. Perhaps your internets don't use the google?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert Cogorno

Government: Former Gephardt aide and one-time floor director for Steny Hoyer (D-MD.), the No. 2 House Democrat.

Goldman: Works for [Steve] Elmendorf Strategies, which lobbies for Goldman.

William Dudley

Government: President Federal Reserve Bank of New York City (2009-present)

Goldman: Partner and Managing Director. Worked at Goldman from 1986-2007.

Steven Elmendorf

Government: Senior Advisor to then-House minority Leader Richard Gephardt.

Goldman: Now runs his own lobbying firm, where Goldman is one of his clients.

Dina Farrell

Government: Deputy Director, National Economic Council, Obama Administration since January 2009.

Goldman: Financial Analyst at Goldman Sachs from 1987-1989.

Robert D. Hormats

Government: Under Secretary of State for Economic, Energy and Agricultural Affairs-designate since July 2009; Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business affairs from 1981 to 1982.

Goldman: Vice Chairman of Goldman Sachs International and Managing Director of Goldman Sachs & Co. He worked at Goldman Sachs from 1982-2009.

James Johnson

Government: Selected to serve on Obama's Vice Presidential section committee but stepped down.

Goldman: Board of Director of Goldman Sachs since May 1999.

Richard Gephardt

Government: U.S. Representative (1977 to 2005);

Goldman: President and CEO, Gephardt Government Affairs (since 2007). Hired by Goldman to represent its interests on issues related to TARP.

Philip Murphy

Government: U.S. Ambassador to Germany since 2009.

Goldman: Former Senior Director of Goldman Sachs where he worked from 1983-2006.

Michael Paese

Government: Top Staffer to House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank. Goldman: Director of Government Affairs/Lobbyist (2009)

Mark Patterson

Government: Treasury Department Chief of Staff since February 2009.

Goldman: Lobbyist for Goldman Sachs from 2003-2008.

Adam Storch

Government: COO of the SEC's Enforcement Division (October 2009-present). He was 29 years old at the time of his appointment.

Goldman: Former Vice President at Goldman Sachs where he worked from 2004-2009.</div></div>

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20001981-10391695.html)