PDA

View Full Version : Demokrook slips up, reveals true ideology ...

LWW
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. You want people who don't worry about the next election."
<a href="http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections _for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZC3hcArB" target="_blank">
-NC Governor Bev Perdue-</a></div></div>

Sadly, there are many in America who would gladly surrender the nation's liberty so that "THEIR TEAM" had a lock on power.

Sev
09-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Dictatorship is the end game.

Soflasnapper
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Elections are suspended for 2 years, every two years (special elections excepted).

LWW
09-28-2011, 02:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elections are suspended for 2 years, every two years (special elections excepted).

</div></div>

You truly will do anything to defend the thugocracy, won't you.

What is it that they have on you.

Let me help you with this.

Congressional elections are every 2 years on even numbered years. The last was 2010 ... the next 2012.

Presidential elections are every 4 years on even numbered years. The last was 2008 ... the next 2012.

The current year is 2011 and is an odd numbered year ... two years from now would be the next odd numbered year, 2013.

Now, get on your thinking cap, is 2013 farer into the future than 2012? You can use a calendar if it helps.

Here's a clue ... the answer is yes.

LWW
09-28-2011, 02:03 AM
They need you for another cleanup in aisle 4 ... (http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/magazine/94940/peter-orszag-democracy?page=0,0&passthru=MGU3YjMxNDdlN2UyMjM2MTNhZGZjNDE2MjE2NjE2N j)

Soflasnapper
09-28-2011, 10:32 AM
What you said above is true (which I knew already).

What I said is true as well, regardless.

You are irony-challenged, it seems.

I'm am pointing out the HUMOR in finding her comment a horrible suggestion, whereas it is already true, to nobody's concern or objection.

Clearly, she was not referring to the NORMAL two-year suspension of elections (or she wouldn't have had to ask for it; it's already automatically happening). I don't claim she was.

It's just that it's ironic, that's all.