PDA

View Full Version : The Recent Change ON CCB

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Profile for d0wntOwn

This user is no longer in our database.
<hr></blockquote>

I cannot remember anyone ever being deleted from CCB's database. This is a first (as far as I can remember) and probably will not be the last.

I am assuming that lewd display "d0wnt0wn" decided to post, was the last straw.

bluewolf
09-21-2002, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
Profile for d0wntOwn

This user is no longer in our database.
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I cannot remember anyone ever being deleted from CCB's database. This is a first (as far as I can remember) and probably will not be the last.

I am assuming that lewd display "d0wnt0wn" decided to post, was the last straw. <hr></blockquote>

does this mean he is permanently kicked off? i saw that two but when i looked his profile was still under users so i was kinda confused.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
09-21-2002, 01:12 PM
I think he has been kicked off but I saw him posting as "dOwntOwn" instead of "d0wnt0wn". I guess being kicked off doesn't stop someone from posting as Anonymous or coming back under a different name.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Laura (AKA Bluewolf)

The quote I posted was what I got when I clicked on "d0wnt0wn" profile. No data (any of his posts) are associated with his now 'deleted' profile.

I have no idea if he is permanently 'kicked off' you will have to ask the CCB Admin. I assume that 'downtown' will not be allowed back. The IP will be blocked and if he creates another ID (under another IP address) and continues his previous posting style, he will be kicked off again.

Anyway you look at it.. it will be difficult for him to become a regular poster again.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2002, 01:21 PM
Well the CCB admin got one correctly.. still waiting on the other..

The lewd post is still being displayed and if you look at the properties of the display is it

<a target="_blank" href=http://www3.telus.net/d0wnt0wn/hi.gif>http://www3.telus.net/d0wnt0wn/hi.gif</a> (rated X)

bluewolf
09-21-2002, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Well the CCB admin got one correctly.. still waiting on the other..

The lewd post is still being displayed and if you look at the properties of the disply is it

<a target="_blank" href=http://www3.telus.net/d0wnt0wn/hi.gif>http://www3.telus.net/d0wnt0wn/hi.gif</a> (rated X) <hr></blockquote>

i saw that in one of his posts before he got kicked off. is that the one you are referrring too?

gosh i dont want to say anything bad about him.he was good for awhile and just talked about pool...not sure what made him go back to being the way he was before....
i liked the ken who talked about pool and maybe did a little light teasing.seems he could not moderate himself.certainly a lesson for me...i dont want to get kicked off too

bw

TomBrooklyn
09-21-2002, 02:31 PM
After I saw the donkey and girlfriend post, which was only last night, I thought the admins action was appropriate. =TB=

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Regardless of his identity crisis, he is still on my list of posters I chose to ignore

bluewolf
09-21-2002, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Regardless of his identity crisis, he is still on my list of posters I chose to ignore <hr></blockquote>

i think you are right about the ignoring part.amanda said it others have said it,things starting to sink in here.

i am not saying that he should not have been kicked off. i was sad that he was not able to moderate himself,making that action necessary.guess i am too much of a softie at times.

Laura

09-21-2002, 02:57 PM
Quote: bluewolf:
guess i am too much of a softie at times.<hr></blockquote>Oh yea, sure your a softie, you gun toting, karate kickin', pys-op in', animal training revolutionary disident.

Oh yea, you just happen to have excellent fundamentals and a pool table in your home, but your an APA-2. Sure, an APA-2: Ha!

Who are you working for anyway, the CIA, a South American underground organization, the Asian Cartel? Or are you just for hire to the highest bidder?

Why do you live so close to Washington D.C. and plan on moving even closer?

Who was that man in the trench coat and sunglasses you were talking to at the outdoor cafe yesterday? Why did you leave with the newspaper he brought?

Why is your cell phone on a scramble line?

Mountain Eagle

Doomsday Machine
09-21-2002, 03:00 PM
There was no one more deserving of being the first to be banned from the CCB. I am all for open discussion and tolerance, but he went way over the boundaries of acceptable behavior and good taste on several occasions. He often threw insults onto the CCB for no reason at all. And to top it all, I think he was too stupid to moderate himself after it was clear that if he continued down the path he was going he was going to be kicked off for good. I say, "Good riddance" !!

nAz
09-21-2002, 11:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Laura (AKA Bluewolf)

The quote I posted was what I got when I clicked on "d0wnt0wn" profile. No data (any of his posts) are associated with his now 'deleted' profile.

I have no idea if he is permanently 'kicked off' you will have to ask the CCB Admin. I assume that 'downtown' will not be allowed back. The IP will be blocked and if he creates another ID (under another IP address) and continues his previous posting style, he will be kicked off again.

Anyway you look at it.. it will be difficult for him to become a regular poster again.

<hr></blockquote>

he can post anon. and sign his name in the bottom and if they ban his ip from the website they have to realize he can run a proxy or choose from one of the hundreds out there for free.
well anyway i wish he came back but without the blaten insults.

09-22-2002, 02:48 AM
He can come back when you can run three balls. Hmmmm, that shouldn't be anytime soon. Bahahahaha.
Slim

nAz
09-22-2002, 02:51 AM
Thats not funny ... im .. im at a lost for word /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
09-22-2002, 03:24 AM
Your lost for word, I'm speechless that you are lost for a word./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

nAz
09-22-2002, 03:36 AM
well not entirely i do know many 4 letter ones and a few 6 letters one as well but the hell with it.
its 5:36 am i better go crash NaZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

09-22-2002, 12:25 PM
He wanted to get kicked off. Since he held our forum in such contempt as to admitadly attack and provoke so as to get attention. He got it. It's a win win situation. St

9 Ball Girl
09-22-2002, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Stretch:</font><hr> He wanted to get kicked off. Since he held our forum in such contempt as to admitadly attack and provoke so as to get attention. He got it. It's a win win situation. St <hr></blockquote>

Do you mean it's an Addition by Subtraction? LOL Anyway, he can come back if he wants. As far as him wanting attention? He doesn't have to want it, those who respond to his posts, argue back and forth with him making the threads longer, are the ones that gave him the attention. His posts should've been ignored instead of adding fuel to the fire by responding to them. TomBrooklyn couldn't have said it better. And look, even still if he really is "gone", we still make him famous. Have a nice day! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
09-23-2002, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> There was no one more deserving of being the first to be banned from the CCB. I am all for open discussion and tolerance, but he went way over the boundaries of acceptable behavior and good taste on several occasions. He often threw insults onto the CCB for no reason at all. And to top it all, I think he was too stupid to moderate himself after it was clear that if he continued down the path he was going he was going to be kicked off for good. I say, "Good riddance" !! <hr></blockquote>
I'm sure he's reading, and I'm sure there are easy ways around being "kicked off."

It is unforunate that Ken couldn't moderate himself because regardless of how many times I bitched about his posting early on, his pool posts did have a lot of useful substance if you could wade through the muck.

Fred