PDA

View Full Version : To put things into perspective

Qtec
10-03-2011, 01:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently Rich Lowry makes more than a quarter of a million dollars every year. And like so many of his poor, working class neighbors, he's just barely scraping by. Via Harold Pollack here's Lowry on a recent blogginheads:

<span style="color: #990000">He [Buffett] should give all his wealth away. . . . come move to Westchester County. Move to McLean, Virginia. Move to the suburbs of San Francisco with his wife. Adopt a couple of young kids, so he has a young family again. Make arrangements so that he only makes $250,000 every year. And then let's see how he likes being lumped in with millionaires and billionaires, as the President does.

And see how he feels about seeing his taxes increased, when he actually has to worry about expenses!</span> </div></div>

Reality.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O1mEXb44THs/ToXh2TEZT8I/AAAAAAAACWM/gX7hSHYSDog/s1600/2005_income_distribution.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed, he's such a putz that Richie Rich doesn't even know he's rich. In fact,he thinks he just regular middle class guy trying to make expenses. And having trouble doing it! Indeed, he is the very embodiment of the average American. Well except for the fact that he has a whole lot more money.

This is the primary Village conceit, my friends. Recall:

This is the permanent DC ruling class who have managed to convince themselves that they are simple, puritanical, bourgeois burghers and farmers, even though they are actually celebrity millionaires influencing the most powerful government on earth.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It's about their phoniness, their pretense of speaking for "average Americans" when it's clear they haven't the vaguest clue even about the average Americans who work in their local Starbucks or drive their cabs. </span></div></div>

Like to see how this guy makes out on $350 a week UE.

Q....... link (http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/richie-rich-and-buffet-rule.html)

Gayle in MD
10-03-2011, 07:12 AM
AND, can't even remember how many houses they own!

Millionaires, who expanded their wealth, by firing Americans, and gaming the corporate system, claiming they are unemployed, when they couldn't spend their multi millions in a lifetime, if they tried, while simultaneously, adding thosands of square feet to their posh estates overlooking the Pacific Ocean!

Sons of Dynasties, known for making their money through their off the record crony deals, with America's political enemies.

The right is anything but Christian.

G.

eg8r
10-03-2011, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed, he's such a putz that Richie Rich doesn't even know he's rich. </div></div>While I am not in defense of "Richie Rich", $250k/year does not make one rich. Based on what he is saying, he is probably over his head in debt and his salary is barely covering his bills. One thing I have learned as I saw my pay increase (and prior to taking control of my finances) is that if you don't control your finances no matter how much money you make you will always have no money.

It is tough for the Conservative group to get a point across when people like you take quotes like Lowry's and give them more representation than a true conservative idea.

eg8r

eg8r
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Millionaires, who expanded their wealth, by firing Americans</div></div>You praised this idea when it was the government firing Americans to raise the wealth of the city/county (albeit they did not save much).

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Millionaires, who expanded their wealth, by firing Americans</div></div>You praised this idea when it was the government firing Americans to raise the wealth of the city/county (albeit they did not save much).

eg8r </div></div>

No, that's another of your lies, Ed.

I never said any such thing. You're beginning to rival LWW, with all of your lies about others here..

For a so called, Christian, your propensity for telling lies is quite profuse.

G.

eg8r
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
It is not a lie but you think because I am not going to search and prove you wrong then I must be lying. Go back and read your hypocrisy in the prison thread. Sack was the first to catch on to your hypocrisy (originally qtip but then you chimed in) and then you guys kicked and screamed once you were outed. Now you are trying to act like firing Americans is bad again.

eg8r

LWW
10-04-2011, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never said any such thing. You're beginning to rival LWW

G. </div></div>

Still obsessed I see ...

Qtec
10-04-2011, 04:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> While I am not in defense of "Richie Rich", $250k/year does not make one rich. </div></div>

To most people, he <u>is</u> rich.[ Look at the graph I posted. ]

Maybe not to his peers or betters though, but they are the minority.

Everything is relative.

Q

Qtec
10-04-2011, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is tough for the Conservative group to get a point across when people like you take quotes like Lowry's and give them more representation than a true conservative idea.

eg8r </div></div>

Its the same rhetoric that you get from the Fox News pundits - who are all making millions.

Its the same rhetoric that you get from GOP Senators who are multi-millionaires.

When you have lost your job and your house, its pretty hard to swallow a guy making 250,000 complaining about what a tough life he has.

Q

Gayle in MD
10-04-2011, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is not a lie but you think because I am not going to search and prove you wrong then I must be lying. Go back and read your hypocrisy in the prison thread. Sack was the first to catch on to your hypocrisy (originally qtip but then you chimed in) and then you guys kicked and screamed once you were outed. Now you are trying to act like firing Americans is bad again.

eg8r </div></div>

You live in your own fantasy world. Nice that you have a buddy like LWW living there, to keep you company.

G.