PDA

View Full Version : The Repub ReligiousConundrum Begins-Just as I Said

Gayle in MD
10-08-2011, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney In A 'Cult,' Don't Vote For Him, Pastor Says

WASHINGTON -- The pastor who introduced Texas Gov. Rick Perry at a conservative gathering Friday said rival presidential candidate Mitt Romney is not a Christian and is in a cult because he is a Mormon.

Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Dallas, made similar remarks about Romney when he ran in the 2008 campaign. Event organizers at the Values Voters Summit selected Jeffress to introduce Perry, but the Perry campaign was consulted about the choice and approved Jeffress to introduce the Texas governor.

Jeffress endorsed Perry at the event and introduced him as "a proven leader, a true conservative, and a committed follower of Christ."

After his remarks, Jeffress told reporters that Perry's religion is different from Romney's.

"Rick Perry's a Christian. He's an evangelical Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ," Jeffress said. "Mitt Romney's a good moral person, but he's not a Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It has always been considered a cult by the mainstream of Christianity."
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Repub religious hypocrisy will be shining for all to see....if Mitt is the forerunner...

Gayle in MD
10-08-2011, 06:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney In A 'Cult,' Don't Vote For Him, Pastor Says

WASHINGTON -- The pastor who introduced Texas Gov. Rick Perry at a conservative gathering Friday said rival presidential candidate Mitt Romney is not a Christian and is in a cult because he is a Mormon.

Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Dallas, made similar remarks about Romney when he ran in the 2008 campaign. Event organizers at the Values Voters Summit selected Jeffress to introduce Perry, but the Perry campaign was consulted about the choice and approved Jeffress to introduce the Texas governor.

Jeffress endorsed Perry at the event and introduced him as "a proven leader, a true conservative, and a committed follower of Christ."

After his remarks, Jeffress told reporters that Perry's religion is different from Romney's.

"Rick Perry's a Christian. He's an evangelical Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ," Jeffress said. "Mitt Romney's a good moral person, but he's not a Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It has always been considered a cult by the mainstream of Christianity."
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Repub religious hypocrisy will be shining for all to see....if Mitt is the forerunner... </div></div>

No comments? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

llotter
10-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I would prefer a Christian as president but for me, being a constitutional conservative is more important. I don't like it when Christians like GW justifies using taxpayer funds to support their do-gooders ideas like the prescription drug program or the No Child Left Behind.

eg8r
10-08-2011, 11:27 PM
You said you weren't reading them anymore. Make your mind up or keep your mouth shut.

eg8r

eg8r
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would prefer a Christian as president but for me, being a constitutional conservative is more important. </div></div>I think you have that backwards. I think it is more important to have a Christian as President but since that might not happen we should settle for a constitutional conservative President.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't like it when Christians like GW justifies using taxpayer funds to support their do-gooders ideas like the prescription drug program or the No Child Left Behind. </div></div>I agree completely.

eg8r

Qtec
10-09-2011, 01:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you have that backwards. I think it is more important to have a Christian as President </div></div>

Eh, why?

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Qtec
10-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I just saw this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anti-Mormon Pastor Admits To CNN: Religion Should Trump Competence In Elections </div></div>

watch (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/anti-mormon-pastor-to-anderson-cooper-romney-may-belong-to-a-cult-but-he-is-better-than-obama/)

Q..

eg8r
10-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Eh, because I said so.

eg8r