PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Pools Greatest Shot Caught on Video!

09-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone,

This is my first post. I saw this shot by Efren Reyes playing against Earl Strickland on an Accustat video (Sands Open Finals). The score was tied at 10-10 and Mr Reyes hooked himself on the five and Mr Strickland was showing his usual emotional (happy) side after the shot. The commentators (Jim Rempe and Bill Incardona?) where arguing or mulling on what approach to take... Mr Reyes took his usual looks and fired a two long rail kick shot and made the 5 ball. Everyone on the arena went ballistics (even Strickland!). The greatest shot ever! If you don't have the tape(then you have to get it, its a classic). I know some of you would remember the shot and would be happy to see it laid out on a WEI table.

09-22-2002, 05:54 PM
I have this tape, have seen this shot. One of the best I've ever seen. But then Reyes has 'em all, doesn't he.

Karla

09-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Howdy,
Yep, that was an awesome shot. For those of you who haven't seen this, either buy the video from www.accu-stats.com (http://www.accu-stats.com) or, go to a bookstore and look at or buy Phil Capelle's book, "Play your best 9 Ball". He diagrams that shot on page 343 and calls it ""The Shot Heard Around the Pool World".

Thanks,
Tony

MikeM
09-23-2002, 09:11 AM
I showed this tape to my best friend last week. He doesn't play pool at all or know anything about pro pool. He about fell off the couch when he watched Efren make that shot. Hill-hill against Strickland for a major tournament title. Not much more pressure than that. And the most amazing thing about that match was what a great sport Earl was. He conceded the nine ball after Efren's great shot and held up Efren's hand as the champ.

MM