PDA

View Full Version : THUGOCRACY UPDATE!

LWW
10-11-2011, 04:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California Gov. Jerry Brown is vetoing legislation requiring police to obtain a court warrant to search the mobile phones of suspects at the time of any arrest.

The Sunday veto means that when police arrest anybody in the Golden State, they may search that personís mobile phone ó which in the digital age likely means the contents of personsí e-mail, call records, text messages, photos, banking activity, cloud-storage services, and even where the phone has traveled.

Police across the country are given wide latitude to search persons incident to an arrest based on the premise of officer safety. Now the nationís states are beginning to grapple with the warrantless searches of mobile phones done at the time of an arrest. ...</div></div>

ALL HAIL THE STATE! (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/10/warrantless-phone-searches/)

Gayle in MD
11-02-2011, 12:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California Gov. Jerry Brown is vetoing legislation requiring police to obtain a court warrant to search the mobile phones of suspects at the time of any arrest.

The Sunday veto means that when police arrest anybody in the Golden State, they may search that personís mobile phone ó which in the digital age likely means the contents of personsí e-mail, call records, text messages, photos, banking activity, cloud-storage services, and even where the phone has traveled.

Police across the country are given wide latitude to search persons incident to an arrest based on the premise of officer safety. Now the nationís states are beginning to grapple with the warrantless searches of mobile phones done at the time of an arrest. ...</div></div>

ALL HAIL THE STATE! (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/10/warrantless-phone-searches/)
</div></div>

Over Twenty-one thousand three hundred and sixty-five flushable posts in four years. We used to have a forum before you invaded.

llotter
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I appreciate an active conservative here to counter the endless drivel that the left post here. And LWW does an outstanding job doint that. Thanks LWW.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I appreciate an active conservative here to counter the endless drivel that the left post here. And LWW does an outstanding job doint that. Thanks LWW. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
So, you think he doints that?

I doint.

You're both way, way out there.

You two respect people who deny science, deny the Theory of Evolution, don't know that China has Nuclear Weapons, don't care about the hungry, don't care about obstructing the recovery? Seek to dictate to others what they may and may not do, if it goes against their personal religious opinions, and want to use the Federal Government, to force their religious views, into the lives of others, creating even death, and poverty annd removing access to birth control?

Neither of you are in touch with reality. You are both radical people, without honor.

Two nutjobs, as far as I'm concerned, the very sort of people who voted twice for George Bush, whose lies, corruption and incompetence, destroyed this country, it's reputation, the Middle Class, AND the economy. You support the party who did launch the War On The Middle Class, and redistributing all of the wealth, to the top grediest in the country, the same crookos who scammed us on Wall St., and outsourced our jobs.

Who cares what you think about LWW. He's shown himself to be a person without honor, without dignity, and nothing but a pawn for the radical rightwing dangerous element, which is growing in this country.

Two anachronistic nitwits.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-02-2011, 04:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California Gov. Jerry Brown is vetoing legislation requiring police to obtain a court warrant to search the mobile phones of suspects at the time of any arrest.

</div></div>

To be more clear, nothing changed with regard to how California police can treat cell phones of those they arrest. They could do this already, under the state high court's review's ok.

Which one might imagine was a CONSTITUTIONAL challenge to the practice, under 4th amendment protection claims it should not be allowed (without a warrant). Apparently, according to California's Supreme Court, there is no 4th amendment violation in this practice.

Frankly, both you and Gov. Brown are on the opposite side of this, from my prior experience with you both, than I thought you'd be. CIVIL RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS lobbied for this bill, the kind of orgs you normally claim are a criminals' lobby. And I'm disappointed and surprised by Gov. Brown's action here.

Maybe this is not a one issue law, and maybe there are other parts that deserved his veto. Can't tell from this reporting, either way. And of course, if there was really a big support for the law, a governor's veto can be overturned.

LWW
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California Gov. Jerry Brown is vetoing legislation requiring police to obtain a court warrant to search the mobile phones of suspects at the time of any arrest.

</div></div>

Over Twenty-one thousand three hundred and sixty-five flushable posts in four years. We used to have a forum before you invaded. </div></div>

Awwww ... I'm touched.

You read through over a month's worth of posts to find this one.

I knew you still cared.

LWW
11-02-2011, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I appreciate an active conservative here to counter the endless drivel that the left post here. And LWW does an outstanding job doint that. Thanks LWW. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
So, you think he doints that?

I doint.

You two respect people who deny science, deny the Theory of Evolution, don't know that China has Nuclear Weapons, don't care about the hungry, don't care about obstructing the recovery? Seek to dictate to others what they may and may not do, if it goes against their personal religious opinions, and want to use the Federal Government, to force their religious views, into the lives of others, creating even death, and poverty annd removing access to birth control?

Neither of you are in touch with reality. You are both radical people, without honor.

Two nutjobs, as far as I'm concerned, the very sort of people who voted twice for George Bush, whose lies, corruption and incompetence, destroyed this country, it's reputation, the Middle Class, AND the economy. You support the party who did launch the War On The Middle Class, and redistributing all of the wealth, to the top grediest in the country, the same crookos who scammed us on Wall St., and outsourced our jobs.

Who cares what you think about LWW. He's shown himself to be a person without honor, without dignity, and nothing but a pawn for the radical rightwing dangerous element, which is growing in this country.

G.

</div></div>

Not convincing enough ... try this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3386438273_798ce78705.jpg

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>So, you think he doints that?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>
I doint.

G</span>.</span>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3386438273_798ce78705.jpg</div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-03-2011, 01:08 AM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'> 21,391 disgusting examples of your sicko mind. </span>