PDA

View Full Version : Two Dems Vote With GOP To Kill Obama Jobs bill

Qtec
10-12-2011, 01:45 AM
It didn't matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Senate Democrats lost a procedural hurdle on President Obama's jobs bill Thursday night, scuttling any progress on passage of the entire package.

As of early evening, Senate Democrats were still holding the vote open for Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), who had a scheduling conflict and was still in flight when the vote began. With Shaheen's yes vote, Senate Democrats could show a majority of support, 51 votes, for the President's $447m plan to spur economic growth.

<u>As expected though,</u> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>no Republicans crossed the aisle to vote in favor of shutting down a GOP filibuster of the bill</span> (Democrats would have needed at least seven defecting GOPers to reach the <span style='font-size: 26pt'>60-vote threshold</span> to shut down debate and move for a vote on the bill), essentially stopping the full jobs package dead in its tracks. </div></div>

The GOP are filibustering a Jobs Bill.

The 99% are watching.

Q

Q

LWW
10-12-2011, 02:31 AM
And they are laughing at the 1% that you belong to.

Qtec
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the 1% that you belong to. </div></div>

1. This crazy switch-a-rooney stunt you are trying to pull fools no-one except yourself.

2. Adjust your Meds.

Q

eg8r
10-12-2011, 08:46 AM
The House has no problem voting and passing various jobs bills. What is the Dems problem in the Senate? They cannot do anything useful.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
10-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I believe the number of jobs bills passed in the current House is zero.

Unless anti-abortion bills are really jobs bills.

LWW
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
That's funny.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2011, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the number of jobs bills passed in the current House is zero.

Unless anti-abortion bills are really jobs bills. </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Their only goal is to destroy President Obama, and destroy as many personal rights, like women's rights, and the rights of Union Members, workers rights, and pander to the corporations with less regulations to keep us all safe....help them to get away with more filth and pollution, make people more ill than they already are, from bad food, water and air, and then dump the old annd the ill from medical care.....

Total Repiglican policy in a nutshell.

Thanks to the OWS, for the first time, inequality of the Bush/Repiglican Tax structure, and the financial thieves, on Wall St., is consistantly in the headlines.

The GOP economic plans are always the same, no relief for those whose financial losses have cost them everything, due to the corruption and negligence of the Bush Administration, and Repiglican non stop filibuster of the President's recovery plans, better health care and a sensible jobs plan.

Cain is a total jerk, as is Romney....Repigs don't like anybody, so how do they ever settle on a candidate? Depends on how much money they are bribed with, from their favorite corrupt billionaire thieves...and they will back the candidate who brings them the most bribes...

The grass roots votes, they will work to disenfranchise, their same anti-American plan as they used in 2000, and 2004.

Now, they're having more trouble lying their way out of being responsible for what they've done to the country, with only the extreme idiots, buying their BS...you know the kind, I"m sure, since you read this forum, lol... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

First, it was a Trump/Palin, then Bachmann, then Perry, then briefly, Romney, now it's Cain, LMAO!!! Hilarious!

Cain has zero chance of winning the nomination...in fact, it's obvious, that regardless of which one of the Repig candidates wins the monimation, there won't be huge numbers of so called, "Values Voters" all rallying around any one of them...lol.

Give Repiglicans a slew of idiot nutjobs, and they go all Ga Ga...can't make up their minds, ah, so many nutjobs, and so little time, for them to gush over the pickings, lol....and slurp up the lies...

The conservative base of the Repiglican Party, has rejected Romney, over and over, with every new "flavor of the week" he gets dropped for the new flavor...and this last up and rising nutjob, Cain, is a total joke, as well as his idiotic 9-9-9 plan, which is patently absurd and would be destructive economically.

Romney isn't going to pull off a win against Obama, and neither will any of the others....

While the Repigs like to bloviate over job approval ratings, they have no candidate that leaves this president behind, and they overlook the FACT, that many Obama Supporters, wanted more of just what he's giving us now, hence....since the vast majority of voters, approve of the president's Jobs Plan, two to one, and most people are against Repiglican policies, like their attack on Unions, and Teachers, etc., destroying the Post office, destroying personal private rights, interfering with women's rights to even get their birth control!!!!...as they legislate for increasing the already skewed wealth redistribution policy which has destroyed the Middle Class and rewarded the job outsourcers, and the corrupt, Repiglican Plans, one after another, have been rejected, and a public uprising has followed, just like in Wisconsin.

Things are loooking up! There is a huge wake up call, going on across this country, and it's not ending anytime soon, IMO, annd it's surely not in agreement with Repiglican Policies!

This is a lashing out against the Bush/REagan RW Radical, Activist Supreme Court's money corrupting, fascist findings, which is now showing it's own devastating results.

That's what all of the protestors, are sick and tired of watching. The thieves getting away with grand theft, from Wall St., to The Supreme Court's RW fascist effort, to give big money trhe overriding voice and power, in our elections, and destroy the one man one vote, tradition of our democracy. They created a shadow election process, totally corrupted by money.

G.

cushioncrawler
10-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I dont care what happens to theusofa -- az long az i kan still watch episodes of american pickers.
mac.

eg8r
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM
LOL, and now you are belittling her giant rant. You know she took all that time to type/proofread one big giant brain dump and all you have to say is "who cares, I still want my American Pickers". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I love it.

eg8r

LWW
10-14-2011, 03:49 AM
I love how she tries to act smart by iusing multi-syllable words incorrectly.

It's just so adorably cute.