PDA

View Full Version : cue opinions?

03-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi folks.

This is my first post here- this place is great!

I'm in the market for a new cue- something between $200-$300. Browsing online, I've seen over a dozen cues I like from Joss, Lucasi and 1 Dominiak (only 1 I can affford /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif )

Anyone care to offer an opinon on those cuemakers? I'll post the model numbers in case anyone recognizes any of them.

Also, anyone know where Lucasis are made?

Thanks in advance!

-danny c

cues I'm considering:

Lucasi L-D6
Lucasi L-ER
Lucasi LE-3
Lucasi LE-4
Lucasi LLE-1U
Lucasi L2000 SP
Joss 2005
Joss 2055
Joss JL-4
Joss JOS-13
Joss JOS-401
Joss JOS-404
Joss Sneaky Pete
Dominiak Plain Jane

03-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Danny,
The best advice I can give you is to go to a billiard supply store, or a pool hall with a good cue selection, and hit as many cues as you can, until you find one you like the way it feels. Many places should not care about letting you try out the cues as long as you don't chalk up the tip, which you won't need to do since all you need to do is hit center ball.

Doctor_D
03-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Good evening:

You might wish to check out some of the mid line Muecci Cues. Good equipment and a reasonable price.

Dr. D.

03-04-2002, 09:34 PM
danny...Lucasi cues are made in China, but don't let that run you off 'cause they are very good cues for the dollar. I have hit with many and all were a pleasure so I bought one with a 314 shaft even though none of the ones I had tried were 314 equipped. I'd say you could not go wrong to get one....sid

Kato
03-05-2002, 08:56 AM
I've known a few guys who have just raved about Lucasi. I haven't heard one bad thing about them yet. Especially for the $$$$.

Kato

03-05-2002, 10:08 AM
thanks for the feedback everyone,

Afer alot of research and Q&A, I decided on the Dominiak "Plain Jane" -- http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cueobsessions/dominiak/dominiak_plainjane.htm

I *highly* recommend that store by the way-- I ordered the cue Sunday night, when most places would've been closed, and bugged "Greg" with probably half a dozen calls with questions about the three cues I'd narrowed it down to- a really nice Joss, the Dominiak, and a Jacoby. He was without a doubt the most knowledgeable person I've talked to about cues and really passionate about them. Plus thir price was the best I found from amongst several retailers AND they have a 5 day trial period, that allows you to return a cue for full refund or exchange if not satisfied. You can't go wrong with 'em.

-dc

03-05-2002, 11:02 AM
I ordered two cues and some accessories from Billiard Warehouse. A fast turn-around in both cases. It is a great place to shop. Greg is great.

A very happy camper.

Steve