PDA

View Full Version : Maher missed his chance.

Qtec
10-15-2011, 05:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Friday night's episode of Real Time, host Bill Maher commenced the show with an interview with Robert Jeffress, the infamous Rick Perry-supporting Baptist pastor who made headlines last week at the Values Voters Summit by calling Mormonism a "cult."

Jeffress said, “…Mormonism has never been a part of historical Christianity. It’s never been considered by that… They have their own set of doctrines, they have their own book of revelation, they came 1800 years after the church. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>I think Mormons are good, moral people but they’re not part of Christianity”</span> </div></div>

So if Mormons are 'good, moral people' , why should that exclude Mitt as a candidate?

Jefferess declines to inform that he wants a candidate to enforce Christian extemist values on the rest.

Q watch it (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/15/pastor-jeffress-and-bill-maher-agree-mormonism-is-a-cult/)

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, so much for a solid faith and belief from this guy in Jeffress! Here this guy says he'd still vote for a Mormon, AFTER 75% of the Christian pastors say Mormanism is a cult,,,well, politics and religion is married now. Giving Paul's writings as supercede Jesus' just because some man put in in the Bible???, somebody with "the collar" is gonna pay hell for both of these lapses in their bases values by denying the truths within the Bible that has existed over 2000 years. What it is all about is HATE against Obama, and Jesus don't like hate reverand, right?

I am all out of respect for organized Christianity AND this guy Jeffress, whom I have personally met a few years ago, well he's the same, he bends just like the reed in the stream, and God don't like that. Oh well...I mean O' Hell Reverand.

Seriously, and I mean this...why the F does the church leaders waffle on their core beliefs at will? I know now exactly WHY I do "my church" here at home, at the Walmarts while shopping, or while playing pool. Christianity is so full of fakes, even at the top, such as Jeffress.

The right sure didn't defend the mention of Muslim when Barrak Hussein Obama was being slammed. These head Baptist preachers kept their heads down there.

We are a cheap bunch of Christians and voters here! And to close...EVERY organized Christial group I ever joined up with over the last 40-60 years, claimed Mormonism as a cult. I'm glad Jeffrees cleared that up for me so I don't feel so guilty when i sleep in on Sundays. sid

eg8r
10-15-2011, 09:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if Mormons are 'good, moral people' , why should that exclude Mitt as a candidate?
</div></div>Probably because this guy wants a Christian in that position. The lack of common sense in your posts is astounding.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-16-2011, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, so much for a solid faith and belief from this guy in Jeffress! Here this guy says he'd still vote for a Mormon, AFTER 75% of the Christian pastors say Mormanism is a cult,,,well, politics and religion is married now. Giving Paul's writings as supercede Jesus' just because some man put in in the Bible???, somebody with "the collar" is gonna pay hell for both of these lapses in their bases values by denying the truths within the Bible that has existed over 2000 years. What it is all about is HATE against Obama, and Jesus don't like hate reverand, right?

I am all out of respect for organized Christianity AND this guy Jeffress, whom I have personally met a few years ago, well he's the same, he bends just like the reed in the stream, and God don't like that. Oh well...I mean O' Hell Reverand.

Seriously, and I mean this...why the F does the church leaders waffle on their core beliefs at will? I know now exactly WHY I do "my church" here at home, at the Walmarts while shopping, or while playing pool. Christianity is so full of fakes, even at the top, such as Jeffress.

The right sure didn't defend the mention of Muslim when Barrak Hussein Obama was being slammed. These head Baptist preachers kept their heads down there.

We are a cheap bunch of Christians and voters here! And to close...EVERY organized Christial group I ever joined up with over the last 40-60 years, claimed Mormonism as a cult. I'm glad Jeffrees cleared that up for me so I don't feel so guilty when i sleep in on Sundays. sid </div></div>

All organized religions are nothing but money making scams.

Amazes me how many people are so damned afraid of dying, and unwilling to accpet their own mortality, that they can suspend critical thinking skills, in order buy into the total BS that has been perpetrated upon humanity, .....gossip, presented as facts, and not a shred of provable fact behind any of it!

Unbelievable!

"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag, waving the cross."

G.

Qtec
10-18-2011, 03:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if Mormons are 'good, moral people' , why should that exclude Mitt as a candidate?
</div></div><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Probably because this guy wants a Christian in that position</span>. The lack of common sense in your posts is astounding.

eg8r </div></div>

Obama is a Christian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if its between Mitt and Perry, he says choose Perry because he is a Christian.
If its between Mitt and Obama, choose Mitt?????????????

That argument has no LOGIC.

Q

eg8r
10-18-2011, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is a Christian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>Not my place to judge if he is or not. Also, I don't see where this pastor is disagreeing with you. I do see that he wants someone else in there though and your argument about the guy is a strawman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its between Mitt and Obama, choose Mitt?????????????</div></div>Is that what he said?

eg8r