PDA

View Full Version : Cheese plays 'HARDBALL'

cheesemouse
09-22-2002, 11:02 PM
I survived my first weekend back in the action of tournament pool. I had a great time mixing it up with the guys. One forgets how much unadulterated bull sh_t one must wade through to get to the facts of a matter when talking with the pool playing tribe members. LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif A most pleasant change of pace I might add.

I read the well wishes offered from my post about going and I say "thank you all". I should correct some misconceptions: the event was not played on the Gabrials, it was played on Valley boxes but they did use red dot cb's so that helped some. This place has three Gabrials and they bought them from that pro event held in Reno this past May. I think Chris mentioned something about how he hoped the Gabrial tables weren't shimmed up to pro event standards for the sake of my old rusty shakey nerves and eyes. Well, Chris the answer is they were tighter than Scrooge on payday. The pocket openings were slightly less that 4 1/2 inches as two balls wouldn't pass anywhere close to the back of the shelf. Before the tournament kicked off both days I warmed-up on the Gabrials, a total of about two hours of play. The table is one nice piece of work. I even got underneath and inspected the frame and construction, this is one rock solid pool table. After some adjustment period to the wee pocket openings I found that the pockets excepted a good shot very nicely. In fact it was hard to jaw a ball as the pocket design seems to kick the ball out of the pocket openings and down the rail some, good for the shooter and bad for the guy coming to bat if your playing 9-ball. One other interesting feature of table is the design of the bottom of the pockets. Four balls lay flat on the bottom of the deep deep pockets, you won't ever need to remove balls for fear of one popping out on you. My over all evaluation of the Gabrial. It's a nice ride and it would make a great mistress whom you would never kick out of your bed for eat'n crackers. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Now to the actual event. They called my first match and I had to run to the bathroom. LOL. I left the bathroom and walked five or six steps then I spun around and returned to the bathroom. "A set of the nerves" you say, that would be my guess...my first opponent got two on the wire in a race to six, some nebulus handicapping system working. In the first two games I flat dogged my brains out but this guy couldn't even breath. I ended up 6 zipping the poor kid. At end of the match I overheard him tell his buddy "If he's an 'A' player then I'm an 'F'. My second match got one on the wire and I 6 zipped him getting out pretty salty a few times. I'm feeling good now, oh yahaaaaaa!!! In my third match we played even. I'm getting out from nowhere now. The guy hung in there for about half the match then he went phyco on me. After I closed the deal the guy DW'ed from the tournament and went home. I'm thinking "Hey, I'm not only crushing guys I'm short circuiting their damn brains" Heheheheh. My first day of play was over, I had made it into the final 24 out of the 90 or so players entered. At noon on Sunday we saddled up. My first match went to the hill and I got the first swing at the rack and after pulling shape on the key ball I got lazy and pulled the trigger on a bonehead shot(no killer instinct) and left myself in never never land giving the match to a very good young player. My next and last match went to the hill again where upon my guy makes an out that should have been part of a magic act; he made everyone of his balls and the eight ball in the same pocket. They will sing songs of him in his home village...Sorry for the long rambling post guy/gals but that's my story and I'm sticking to it...thanks for listening to my air pool story....the cheese is back to pool... LOL LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Two days of pool playing finishing good.. having a great time.. what more can you want..

And,, if I suspect correctly.. you will be crushing everyone by the time the winter greens are closing..

09-23-2002, 12:05 AM
Please break up your posts into paragraphs. It is difficult to read a document in which that is not done. In other words, it is hurtingggg my eyes. Thank you.

Convenient References:
http://www.indiana.edu/~wts/wts/paragraphs.html
http://www2.actden.com/writ_den/tips/paragrap/

Chris Cass
09-23-2002, 07:45 AM
Hi Cheesemouse,

Sounds like this is going to be a great yr for you. I'm happy.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes the Cheese.......