PDA

View Full Version : Dial 112

Qtec
10-20-2011, 06:33 PM
9-9-9

http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/10/cain_tpc.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain's now ubiquitous 9-9-9 tax plan went from the ridiculous to the sublime during Tuesday night's Republican presidential debate. While House Republicans and Grover Norquist had complained that the pizza mogul's proposals constituted a tax increase, some of Cain's fellow White House hopefuls actually expressed concern that it would be lower and middle income Americans paying it.

And that is a very shocking development, indeed. After all, while he differs in his particulars, Herman Cain like Paul Ryan and George W. Bush would deliver a massive tax cut windfall for the wealthy. And like the Ryan budget voted for by 98 percent of Capitol Hill Republicans, the 9-9-9 plan would dramatically shift the tax burden to lower income Americans.

This week, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center added its devastating analysis to the growing list of negative assessments of the Cain 9-9-9 plan. Cain's opponents seized on it to punish him throughout last night's CNN debate. "The worst part about it," Congressman Ron Paul fretted, "It's regressive. Rick Santorum explained why:

"[R]eports are now out that 84 percent of Americans would pay more taxes under his plan. That's the analysis. And it makes sense, because when -- when you don't provide a standard deduction, when you don't provide anything for low-income individuals, and you have a sales tax and an income tax and, as Michele said, a value-added tax, which is really what his corporate tax is, we're talking about major increases in taxes on people."

Which is exactly right. </div></div>

Q link (http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/cains-999-plan-latest-gop-tax-cut-windfall-for-wealthy)

eg8r
10-20-2011, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 9-9-9 plan would dramatically shift the tax burden to lower income Americans.</div></div>LOL, I wish there was some honest discourse on this board. Just because you have a forum where you can continue to spout these lies does not mean you are being honest. Nothing is being shifted other than getting 47% of Americans to start paying their fair share.

eg8r

Qtec
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Cain has a secret plan! link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ylhan3ifgM&feature=player_embedded)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I wish there was some honest discourse on this board </div></div>

LOL.

Q

LWW
10-22-2011, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 9-9-9 plan would dramatically shift the tax burden to lower income Americans.</div></div>LOL, I wish there was some honest discourse on this board. Just because you have a forum where you can continue to spout these lies does not mean you are being honest. Nothing is being shifted other than getting 47% of Americans to start paying their fair share.

eg8r </div></div>

In his defense, it was put on the spoon for him.

llotter
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't really like the 999 because tries to manipulate businesses but I think it is good to get those not paying any taxes to pay their 'fair share' because they benefit from living here and their is no free lunch.

Businesses can only deduct materials that are made in the USA and can only deduct labor expense if they are in an 'empowerment zone'. these are two very bad concepts, IMO.