PDA

View Full Version : 999..mine, mine , mine....

Qtec
10-22-2011, 03:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to reports published this week, Herman Cain’s presidential campaign funneled over $100,000 to a company owned by Cain called T.H.E. New Voice. Cain told Bloomberg News that his campaign is simply buying the candidate’s books, despite earlier Federal Election Commission (FEC) reports that claimed the money was for “lodging” (an amended report changed the payments to “books.”) when he got found out.

ThinkProgress has reviewed additional disclosure reports, and found that T.H.E. New Voice pays Cain a direct salary. Essentially, it appears Cain’s campaign is using contributor money to buy Cain’s own books, and that Cain could be reaping at least part of the profits. At the CNN debate in Las Vegas, ThinkProgress spoke to Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon about the arrangement:

FANG: On the last campaign disclosure for Mr. Cain, it showed that the T.H.E. New Voice, the company owned by Cain, pays a salary to Mr. Cain. And there’s a revelation this week that the Herman Cain campaign committee has given over one hundred thousand dollars to this private company that’s paying Cain. Does this company still provide a salary to Mr. Cain?

GORDON: Well, I would say T.H.E. New Voice handles the book. And so the whole book enterprise and the campaign are distinct entities. Clearly there’s a synergy between the book, the book tour, and the campaign. But they are separate entities. </div></div>

So, he takes campaign donations and uses that money to buy his own books from a company that pays him a salary.

Some would call that fraud.

You need to watch this. Right at the end the guy explains what HC is all about, enriching himself.

Q

Q........... the guy is a phoney (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-bill-maher-and-toure-point-and-laugh-at-herman-cain-candidacy/)

eg8r
10-22-2011, 06:21 AM
What is he doing with the books? Would his campaign have bought the books if they were from another company?

eg8r

Qtec
10-23-2011, 03:33 AM
One way to get your book at the top of the best seller list is to..............?...Buy your own books?

The company, if you had read my post, belongs to Herman Cain. A company that also pays him a salary!

Q

LWW
10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Why is it that your links never support your tall tales?

eg8r
10-23-2011, 04:29 PM
You did not answer any of my questions other than imply it was his intent to rise to the top of the best seller list. So if you are going to make an accusation why not follow it up with some real meat. How many books did he buy? If you subtracted those books would the next book in line move ahead of him? How well were his books selling outside of his own purchase? Do any of the authors out there have groups/companies/individuals that purchase large bulk quantities? Do these large bulk purchases help that specific book rise to the top?

If this was an example of fraud why aren't we hearing about lawsuits? Is it too early? Or are you guys gathering the same quality "evidence" you had with the secretary debacle?

eg8r

Qtec
10-24-2011, 01:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is he doing with the books?</div></div>

I don't know, does it matter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Would his campaign have bought the books if they were from another company?

eg8r </div></div>

Why would they buy his books?

You are missing the point. Campaign contributions are not supposed to go into your pocket, right? So when you use campaign contributions, to buy your own book from your own company, it means;

1. you get royalties on the book.
2. Your own company makes a profit when they you sell your own book to yourself.

Basically he just took $100,000 and put it in his bank account while at the same time pushing his book up the best seller list, which will also make him more money.

Q

Q

Gayle in MD
10-24-2011, 03:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is he doing with the books?</div></div>

I don't know, does it matter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Would his campaign have bought the books if they were from another company?

eg8r </div></div>

Why would they buy his books?

You are missing the point. Campaign contributions are not supposed to go into your pocket, right? So when you use campaign contributions, to buy your own book from your own company, it means;

1. you get royalties on the book.
2. Your own company makes a profit when they you sell your own book to yourself.

Basically he just took $100,000 and put it in his bank account while at the same time pushing his book up the best seller list, which will also make him more money.

Q

Q

</div></div>

Cain is Palin in pants....

Qtec
10-24-2011, 03:43 AM
I agree.
Cashing in is what they are doing, but at the same time scamming their supporters.

Pretty low.

Q

Soflasnapper
10-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Cain is a faux candidate, without any attempt at creating any campaigning or GOTV infrastructure, and little interest in actually campaigning.

So, either he has no real intention of becoming the nominee and is simply taking a star turn from his confused supporters while padding his wallet, or he has the highly questionable judgment that the nomination can be won in a way that has never been done before, by a kind of Immaculate Conception campaign hoping he'll win by a sudden shift of the GOP to nominating him by universal acclamation.

I presume he's too smart to be doing the latter, as it cannot work, meaning, he's a self-aggrandizing grifter. Not the first grifter in or mentioned for the race, but the latest to be exposed as such.

LWW
10-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Oddly, snoopy has yet to supply ... as usual ... any data supporting his claim.

Much to his embarrassment I ... as usual ... can document mine.

I trust that our resident leftists will show their outrage over THIS (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/25/state-department-buys-70000-worth-obama-memoir/):

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The State Department has bought more than $70,000 worth of books authored by President Obama, sending out copies as Christmas gratuities and stocking “key libraries” around the world with “Dreams from My Father” more than a decade after its release.

The U.S. Embassy in Egypt, for instance, spent $28,636 in August 2009 for copies of Mr. Obama’s best-selling 1995 memoir. Six weeks earlier, the embassy had placed another order for the same book for more than $9,000, federal purchasing records show.

About the same time, halfway around the world, the U.S. Embassy in South Korea had the same idea and spent more than $6,000 for copies of “Dreams from My Father.”

One month later, the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, spent more than $3,800 for hardcover copies of the Indonesian version of Mr. Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope,” records show.

A review of the expenditures in a federal database did not reveal any examples of State Department purchases of books by former Presidents George W. Bush or Bill Clinton.</div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>RELEASE THE CRICKETS!</span>

Qtec
10-26-2011, 04:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he earned 10 percent royalties on roughly $60,000 in purchases of his books by the State Department, excluding the children’s book, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>he could expect to pocket $6,000.</span> It’s a tiny slice of Mr. Obama’s overall earnings, though still a sizable chunk to most Americans, whose median household income in 2009 was just over $50,000. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>There’s no indication the White House knew about the purchases,</span> which overall represent <span style='font-size: 14pt'>just a fraction of the nearly quarter-million dollars Mr. Obama donated to charities last year </span>and his more than $1.7 million in overall income. Mr. Clay said book orders are normally made directly by embassies based on “their experience and knowledge on the ground of the intended audience.” </div></div>

Q

eg8r
10-26-2011, 07:14 AM
The difference is that Obama was not getting a paid salary by the book publisher. He is saying Cain is getting a salary from his publisher. We all know that Obama only did this to become a best seller, where he probably did get paid some sort of bonus but I cannot verify that.

eg8r

eg8r
10-26-2011, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There’s no indication the White House knew about the purchases, which overall represent just a fraction of the nearly quarter-million dollars Mr. Obama donated to charities last year </div></div>Another example of qtip's vast level of hypocrisy. When W was in office it did not matter what happened around the world, it was Bush's fault. Now when we see Obama whoring his own book for a measly $6,000 qtip acts like Obama knew nothing about it and is fully exonerated. What a schmuck.

eg8r

Qtec
10-26-2011, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He is saying Cain is getting a salary from his publisher.

eg8r </div></div>

Try and keep up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain’s presidential campaign funneled over $100,000 to a company <span style='font-size: 20pt'>owned by Cain</span> called T.H.E. New Voice. </div></div>

Q

eg8r
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
That doesn't disagree with anything I have said but the slow ones like yourself that don't understand the situation will continue to have trouble.

eg8r

LWW
10-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Still waiting on a link?

Gayle in MD
10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One way to get your book at the top of the best seller list is to..............?...Buy your own books?

The company, if you had read my post, belongs to Herman Cain. A company that also pays him a salary!

Q </div></div>
It's just another Repiglican propaganda scam on the American Public.

Then their brainless supporters go to work creating absurd analogies, to skip out on the undeniable FACTS.

SHEEP! IGNORANT SHEEP....Bah, Bah, Bah!

They are truly pathetic!

G.

Newt? Palin?

LWW
10-27-2011, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The difference is that Obama was not getting a paid salary by the book publisher. He is saying Cain is getting a salary from his publisher. We all know that Obama only did this to become a best seller, where he probably did get paid some sort of bonus but I cannot verify that.

eg8r </div></div>

So if someone does it ... unsubstantiated so far ... with donated funds that's not OK, but if it's done with taxpayer funds it's peachy?

Now, the real issue can't be getting paid by the publisher because that's why people write books.

If the issue is getting a salary from the book buyer, how does this differ from Obama's deal?

What's that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always and on all occasions 'slavishly defend dear leader,'</div></div>

Sorry.

How could I forget?

eg8r
10-27-2011, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if someone does it ... unsubstantiated so far ... with donated funds that's not OK, but if it's done with taxpayer funds it's peachy?
</div></div>As far as qtip is concerned, yes. That and he is not allowed to point out anything wrong by a Dem-led WH.

eg8r

LWW
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if someone does it ... unsubstantiated so far ... with donated funds that's not OK, but if it's done with taxpayer funds it's peachy?
</div></div>As far as qtip is concerned, yes. That and he is not allowed to point out anything wrong by a Dem-led WH.

eg8r </div></div>

I understand ... they would take back his secret decoder ring if he ever questioned dear leader.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2011, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he earned 10 percent royalties on roughly $60,000 in purchases of his books by the State Department, excluding the children’s book, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>he could expect to pocket $6,000.</span> It’s a tiny slice of Mr. Obama’s overall earnings, though still a sizable chunk to most Americans, whose median household income in 2009 was just over $50,000. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>There’s no indication the White House knew about the purchases,</span> which overall represent <span style='font-size: 14pt'>just a fraction of the nearly quarter-million dollars Mr. Obama donated to charities last year </span>and his more than $1.7 million in overall income. Mr. Clay said book orders are normally made directly by embassies based on “their experience and knowledge on the ground of the intended audience.” </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Just another pointless and failed attempt by one of the irrational, mindless sheep...huh?

The President writes out more personal checks, after reading letters from American's in need, than any other president in our history.

It really frustrates the right, that we have such an honorable man in the White House, after their failed attempts at having to defend crooks and liars like Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush all of these years.

Pitiful, aren't they?

G.

LWW
10-30-2011, 09:37 AM
DAY #8 ... still waiting.

Stretch
10-30-2011, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAY #8 ... still waiting. </div></div>

keeping a moron in suspense for 8 days must be a record! lol St.

Qtec
10-31-2011, 03:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAY #8 ... still waiting. </div></div>

keeping a moron in suspense for 8 days must be a record! lol St. </div></div>

I want to see if he can work it out for himself.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
10-31-2011, 03:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAY #8 ... still waiting. </div></div>

keeping a moron in suspense for 8 days must be a record! lol St. </div></div>

snoopy has been in suspense far longer than that.

LWW
10-31-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The President writes out more personal checks, after reading letters from American's in need, than any other president in our history.

It really frustrates the right, that we have such an honorable man in the White House, after their failed attempts at having to defend crooks and liars like Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush all of these years.

Pitiful, aren't they?

G.</div></div>

Back where the air is thick:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In keeping with White House tradition, the president and vice president publicly released their returns on Thursday for national Tax Day. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>It turns out Republican George Bush opened his wallet substantially wider than Democrats Barack Obama and Joe Biden while residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

In 2009, the Barack and Michelle Obama donated 5.9 percent of their income to charity and Joe Biden gave away 1.4 percent of his. While in office, Bush routinely donated more than 10 percent of his income each year.</span>

According to the Center for Philanthropy at Indiana University, more than two-thirds of American households donate to charity, with an average donation of $2,047, or 3 percent of income.

In his 2006 book, “Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism,” Syracuse University Professor Arthur Brooks analyzed charitable giving in the United States and found that conservatives were 30 percent more likely to give, even though liberal families averaged 6 percent higher household incomes. Brooks found that conservatives donate more time and give more blood, and concluded that religious participation was the single strongest predictor of generous behavior.

According to Stanford University’s Hoover Institute, religious people are 25 percent more likely to donate than non-religious people. Religious people are also 38 percent more likely to be conservative.

In 2007, the giving broke down on party lines like this:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Cheney: 5.5 %</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Bush: 17.6%</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>McCain: 27 %</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Obama: 5.6 %</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Clinton 14.7 %</span>

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>Biden: 0.3 %</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Biden has a particularly stingy history — right before the 2008 election USA Today reported that the Bidens donated an average $369 a year over the past 10 years, 0.2 percent of their income for the decade.</span></div></div>

I see you still cling to the lie as desperately as ever.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/16/on-tax-day-returns-show-obama-and-biden-fall-short-of-bush-on-charitable-giving/#ixzz1cLrlLa00)</span>

cushioncrawler
10-31-2011, 04:57 AM
I donate zero zilch to any human stuff.
But i do donate to greenpeace etc nature and animal stuff.
mac.