PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament Results

Rich R.
10-24-2011, 07:30 AM
The 10th Annual CCB Tournament is in the books.

The competition was intense /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif and after at least five rounds of play in the multiple table, 10 ball, ring game, there was a five way tie in the points. They all had eight points each and they were Eric, Hierovision, Scott Lee, JMD in Va and Amy Foster.

Those five went into a five game playoff and after four games, two players had dominated the remainder of the field and were tied at 2-2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

At that point, since the rest of the field could not win, with only one game left, a sudden death game was played by the final two. When the dust settled, the winner of the tournament of the year was determined.

Winner: JMD in Va
Second place: Hierovision

Congratulations to the winners.

After the CCB Tournament, we heard there was another little event happening at the Chesapeake Convention Center so we all went there to watch some hackers play a little 9 ball. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Pictures from these events will follow, eventually. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

BCA Master Instr
10-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Outstanding.

A good time was had by all?

Thanks
randyg

Icon of Sin
10-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Tourney was a blast. Was great to see everyone yet again!

Harold Acosta
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Had a great time, particularly since 6 years has gone by since my last Open.....hope to make it next year again. !!!!

Fran Crimi
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a great time. Sorry I couldn't be there this year. Maybe next year.

Brian in VA
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
There is always an open invitation to instructors, Randy and Fran, cause heaven knows we need 'em!

It was a great time and we hope to see you both next year!

Brian in VA

cueball1950
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
thanks for the great report rich. I hope the Mayor enjoys his silver dollar...tell Cathy i send my best.....talk with you on the board soon..........mike

dg-in-centralpa
10-24-2011, 05:09 PM
We both had a great time! It was nice to meet Harold and his wife and daughter, and to see everyone else again.

Duane

10-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Good times! I had a ball.

I don't know how much sharking went on, but it was mentioned at the players meeting that not only is sharking allowed, but it is your DUTY and OBLIGATION to your fellow group mates to make sure someone with high points doesn't continue to win. I like to think of it as "special teams".

I hope we can grow the tourney next year. It's one of the highlights of my trip, every year.

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Sharking happened almost every time I got to the table. RJ was playing with my leg as I was ready to shoot, lots of wolf calls, just plain old fun.

Soflasnapper
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't forget your shark of me on my 10. I drove a down the rail off the rail shot directly into the side pocket point upon your suggestion, as I recall. Something you said... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I can't remember what I said! Maybe a few beers and a shot too early in the morning?

Duane

JMD in VA
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cueball1950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the great report rich. I hope the Mayor enjoys his silver dollar...tell Cathy i send my best.....talk with you on the board soon..........mike </div></div>

Mike:

I am enjoying my Silver Dollar. It's money. Beat you to it Brian. LOL

I was really pleased with how I played because I do not normally play well with all of the of all the heckling, particularly directed at me, in jest or not. But to be able to play as well as I did, in the trenches, really felt good.

A nice job by Eric, running the tourney, Brian making the trophies, as usual, a work of art and getting to see all my friends.

See y'all next year.