PDA

View Full Version : I finally got to downtown - downtown's real self



griffith_d
09-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Here is the real downtown,..he sends me this email on Yahoo:

"hey you little puke...... let me know if you are ever in Vancouver and I will show you just what kinda player I am (while relieving you of all your cash)..... if you want to know something about me and what i have accoplished why dont you go to www.playpool.com (http://www.playpool.com) go to the bottom where it says older articles and click there.. do a search for canadian championships and look under the year 2001...... look at the team at the top of the list and click on the photo... I am the one on the left kneeling down...... thats right fool I was a canadian champion.... what claim to fame you got?"


Like I said, your team carries you downtown.

If he could only spell.

Griff

bluewolf
09-23-2002, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> Here is the real downtown,..he sends me this email on Yahoo:

"hey you little puke...... let me know if you are ever in Vancouver and I will show you just what kinda player I am (while relieving you of all your cash)..... if you want to know something about me and what i have accoplished why dont you go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.playpool.com>www.playpool.com</a> go to the bottom where it says older articles and click there.. do a search for canadian championships and look under the year 2001...... look at the team at the top of the list and click on the photo... I am the one on the left kneeling down...... thats right fool I was a canadian champion.... what claim to fame you got?"


Like I said, your team carries you downtown.

If he could only spell.

Griff

<hr></blockquote>

i did a search under canadian championships but got no matches. anybody else have better luck.i do think ken is good at pool,but that wasnt the issue

bw

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2002, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> i did a search under canadian championships but got no matches. anybody else have better luck.i do think ken is good at pool, <hr></blockquote>

How would you possibly know how good he is?

Anyway here it is:

http://www.playpool.com/v1/news/bcacn2001mensteam.html

click on "photo"

Fred Agnir
09-23-2002, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> i did a search under canadian championships but got no matches. anybody else have better luck.i do think ken is good at pool,but that wasnt the issue

bw <hr></blockquote>
http://www.playpool.com/v1/news/bcacn2001mensteam.html

bluewolf
09-23-2002, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; i did a search under canadian championships but got no matches. anybody else have better luck.i do think ken is good at pool, &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

How would you possibly know how good he is?

<hr></blockquote>

valid point.i have never seen him. also a matter of perspective based on one's own ability. to me an apa 7 is very good, but i went to a local tournament yesterday and saw some 7s get stomped.i guess the more i know, the more in tune i will be to the subtletys.when you are at the bottom looking up , i think i am looking at the top and realize i was looking at the middle. &lt;VBG&gt;

bw

Amanda
09-23-2002, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> valid point.i have never seen him. also a matter of perspective based on one's own ability. to me an apa 7 is very good, but i went to a local tournament yesterday and saw some 7s get stomped.i guess the more i know, the more in tune i will be to the subtletys.when you are at the bottom looking up , i think i am looking at the top and realize i was looking at the middle. &lt;VBG&gt;

bw <hr></blockquote>

APA 7 is such a wide range of skill IMHO. Since its a rating system that only goes from 2-7, once you reach the top skill level, the actual skill of the player does vary greatly. Nice thing in that local tournament is Jerry does use a S/L 8 for those who are the super 7s so to speak. Another thing to note is that we all have bad days, some play better in leagues than tournaments and vice versa. My tournament play use to be absolutely horrid compared to my league play. Thankfully I've found my "switch" that gets me into my game for tournaments now. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

09-23-2002, 09:20 AM
grif, i know you're a fellow houstonion and that, by itself, gives you lotsa points but i wish you haddn't a posted that.

for one thing, i think it's a pretty bad thing to post a message that was sent to you as private. dude! that's just something you don't do.

second, it just ain't fair to post an attack on someone who is in handcuffs. he is banned. properly so in my opinion but that kinda moves him into the off-limits side as i see it.

dan...whoda thunkit??

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2002, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> grif, i know you're a fellow houstonion and that, by itself, gives you lotsa points but i wish you haddn't a posted that.

for one thing, i think it's a pretty bad thing to post a message that was sent to you as private. dude! that's just something you don't do.

second, it just ain't fair to post an attack on someone who is in handcuffs. he is banned. properly so in my opinion but that kinda moves him into the off-limits side as i see it.

dan...whoda thunkit?? <hr></blockquote>

If anybody deserves to be kicked while he's in handcuffs it's him. Having said that, this is the last time I'll mention him. Just like in the old USSR he's now a non-person to me.

09-23-2002, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>


i do think ken is good at pool,but that wasnt the issue


<hr></blockquote>

I offered to play him (here and in email) at the next BCA tournament in Vegas. He just threated to "beat me up", "kick my a$$", etc. I asked if we could play AFTER that, but I don't think it was going anywhere. /webbbs/images/icons/laugh.gif

09-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Downtown banned from the CCB??? What happened there? I stay gone for a while and come back to find changes galore. Ah well, my break still sucks ... at least that hasn't changed.

RedH

griffith_d
09-23-2002, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; i did a search under canadian championships but got no matches. anybody else have better luck.i do think ken is good at pool, &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

How would you possibly know how good he is?

Anyway here it is:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.playpool.com/v1/news/bcacn2001mensteam.html>http://www.playpool.com/v1/news/bcacn2001mensteam.html</a>

click on "photo" <hr></blockquote>


We all know how good he plays pool was not the issue,...it was what kind of person he is that attacks someone the way he did and has never met him (Scott Lee).

I am a very good judge of character and I say that downtown has attacked Scott Lee because:

1. His is insecure
2. Jealous of Scott's success
3. Has never really grown up and is a bully.
4. He was an only child and either did not get enough attention or got too much.
5. Is a fountain of rage ready to give it to any unsuspecting victim.

So when I attacked Ken and his pool playing, it might have been right on target and thus, I got the email that I did. Now if he sent the email because he was banned, then that is another story, I did not realize that he was banned.

If he was not banned when he sent the email, as I thought he was,..then I cannot stand for someone to openly say things and then send an email (hiding) to me so no one else would know.

So Ken if you will read this,..buy my ticket and I will come up and play. We can meet in Calgary and I can stay with my cousin and get a good visit.

Griff

griffith_d
09-23-2002, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> grif, i know you're a fellow houstonion and that, by itself, gives you lotsa points but i wish you haddn't a posted that.

for one thing, i think it's a pretty bad thing to post a message that was sent to you as private. dude! that's just something you don't do.

second, it just ain't fair to post an attack on someone who is in handcuffs. he is banned. properly so in my opinion but that kinda moves him into the off-limits side as i see it.

dan...whoda thunkit?? <hr></blockquote>

To set the record straight, I never sent downtown emails,.. I just started getting them from him out of nowhere. I really dislike hiding behind email so no one else can see.

My motto is,...I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

Griff

09-23-2002, 02:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>
We all know how good he plays pool was not the issue,...it was what kind of person he is that attacks someone the way he did and has never met him (Scott Lee).
<hr></blockquote>


why are you talking for everybody?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith:</font><hr>
I am a very good judge of character and I say that downtown has attacked Scott Lee because:<hr></blockquote>

it seemed like a good idea at the time lol

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>
1. His is insecure
<hr></blockquote>
being insecure means that you have to have no self confidence and feel ashamed of yourself..... I have neither of those qualities.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>
2. Jealous of Scott's success<hr></blockquote>

Not true Scott works hard at what he does I just hate the way he brags on himself.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>
3. Has never really grown up and is a bully.<hr></blockquote>

grown up part is right.... I stick up for alot more people than I pick on
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith:</font><hr>
4. He was an only child and either did not get enough attention or got too much<hr></blockquote>
wrong.... 4 brothers and 3 sisters

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr> .
5. Is a fountain of rage ready to give it to any unsuspecting victim.<hr></blockquote>
actually most people find me exceptionally funny and very goofy. (unless I have just lost a match to a chump like you)
geez looks like you are a very good judge of character.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>
So when I attacked Ken and his pool playing, it might have been right on target and thus, I got the email that I did. Now if he sent the email because he was banned, then that is another story, I did not realize that he was banned. <hr></blockquote>

I sent you the email cause i think your a little whimp that has a big mouth when typing from 2000 miles away. I would glady repeat any of this to your face.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_the_gay:</font><hr>

If he was not banned when he sent the email, as I thought he was,..then I cannot stand for someone to openly say things and then send an email (hiding) to me so no one else would know.

So Ken if you will read this,..buy my ticket and I will come up and play. We can meet in Calgary and I can stay with my cousin and get a good visit.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

I am sure we will meet sometime.... you cant hide forever you remind me of this lil puke i played in vegas this year who was trying to get the weakest player on my team into a match... I offered him a game instead ran 2 quick tables on him and said thanks for the cash now im gonna go buy my friend (the guy he was goading into playing) breakfast on you.

09-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Thats pretty irrisponsible putting a picture of downtown on the board.

For all you know the guy may not even be downtown. He could just be some guy that won all of downtowns cash and now downtown is trying get revenge by claiming that its him to a forum of his enemies.

If something happens you could be an accessory.

rackmup
09-23-2002, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: dOwntOwn's suggestion:</font><hr>Search in All Topics




Search Results


No matches found to your query
<hr></blockquote>

'nuff said.

Regards,

Ken

Scott Lee
09-23-2002, 10:39 PM
Red H...Sure have missed your wit around here! Hope things are well with you.

Scott

09-27-2002, 08:45 AM
Whooooo Hoooo !!! That's funny !!

Having played these guys on several occasions I can say that the face fits. The team is strong, with no slackers, but they're generally no bundles of joy and sportsmanship. Needless to say, having bested all but one of them fairly regularly as a (then) C+ player, I've seen the rough side of most of them. If that's downtown, he's got a good 8-ball game, but a weak A player.

Next time I play him I've got to find an MP3 of Shirley Bassey's Downtown, and get the house to play it :-)

Klutz