PDA

View Full Version : Where’d All The Income Growth Go?

Qtec
10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CHARTS OF THE DAY: Where’d All The Income Growth Go? To The 1 percent!

Specifically:

CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

* 275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
* 65 percent for the next 19 percent,
* Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
* 18 percent for the bottom 20 percent. </div></div>

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/10/aftertaxincome-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/charts-of-the-day-whered-all-the-income-growth-go-to-the-1-percent.php?ref=fpa)

Q

eg8r
10-25-2011, 08:54 PM
I will admit your chart proves me right once again. The rich will continue to do the things that made them rich while the poor continue to do the things that made them poor.

eg8r

LWW
10-26-2011, 01:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will admit your chart proves me right once again. The rich will continue to do the things that made them rich while the poor continue to do the things that made them poor.

eg8r </div></div>

It is amazing how consistently investing in markets and production outperforms investing in malt liquor, Marlboros and rock.

Qtec
10-26-2011, 05:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will admit your chart proves me right once again. The rich will continue to <span style='font-size: 14pt'>do the things that made them rich</span> while the poor continue to do the things that made them poor.

eg8r </div></div>

What they do is buy Govt.
Since 1980 the top tax rate has halved! Throw in the Bush tax cuts, cuts on capital gains, estate tax, loopholes etc and you have the top earners making more money than ever. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Not because they performed better, purely by a huge reduction in taxation that the bottom 50% never got.</span>

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4e1c5b08ccd1d50779000000-547/and-then-there-are-taxes-its-a-great-time-to-make-a-boatload-of-money-in-america-because-taxes-on-the-nations-highest-earners-are-close-to-the-lowest-theyve-ever-been.jpg

In 1964 the top rate was 91%, today its 35% and its been shown that top earners like Buffet pay effectively a rate of around 16%.

Also, compensation for the top earners has sky-rocketed while the average Joe has seen little or no gain.

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4e9460a669bedd444100002f-547/ceo-pay-has-skyrocketed-300-since-1990-corporate-profits-have-doubled-average-production-worker-pay-has-increased-4-the-minimum-wage-has-dropped-all-numbers-adjusted-for-inflation.jpg

Q

eg8r
10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What they do is buy Govt.</div></div>And you don't think the poor did their best to buy government? Wake up qtip, by voting in mass for a grossly unexperienced community organizer they effectively bought themselves more handouts.

Why did you address the rich doing the things that make them rich but ignored the equally important part about the poor doing what made them poor?

eg8r

eg8r
10-26-2011, 07:20 AM
qtip will never get it. My guess is that he part of the crowd investing in malt liquor and Marlboros and standing on the corner waiting for his free handouts.

eg8r

Qtec
10-26-2011, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What they do is buy Govt.</div></div>And you don't think the poor did their best to buy government? Wake up qtip, by voting in mass for a grossly unexperienced community organizer they effectively bought themselves more handouts.

Why did you address the rich doing the things that make them rich but ignored the equally important part about the poor doing what made them poor?

eg8r </div></div>

Which particular points in my post do you disagree with? Be specific.

Try and stay on topic.

Q

eg8r
10-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I am not straying off topic, let's see if I can dumb it down enough for you to catch on. I will break up what I said an apply it to your post.

The rich continue to do what made them rich - This section applies to your post where the rich are getting richer. I know math is not your strong suit, or really even something you can spell so we don't need to waste our time going down that path with you. Basically, the rich getting richer, by investing and reinvesting their money into areas in their life and career that make them money.

Now the second part, the poor doing what makes them poor. Now the converse of the rich is that the poor continue to invest and reinvest their money into areas in their life and career that does not make them money.

Now having said all that, what you are trying to make the chart state and what it actually states are two different things.

eg8r

sack316
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not straying off topic, let's see if I can dumb it down enough for you to catch on. I will break up what I said an apply it to your post.

The rich continue to do what made them rich - This section applies to your post where the rich are getting richer. I know math is not your strong suit, or really even something you can spell so we don't need to waste our time going down that path with you. Basically, the rich getting richer, by investing and reinvesting their money into areas in their life and career that make them money.

Now the second part, the poor doing what makes them poor. Now the converse of the rich is that the poor continue to invest and reinvest their money into areas in their life and career that does not make them money.

Now having said all that, what you are trying to make the chart state and what it actually states are two different things.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed, you're crazy. Take me, for instance. I spent the vast majority of my 20's partying, getting in trouble, going out to eat, playing pool, going to Vegas, going to the beach, buying electronics, and doing whatever I chose to do whether it was within my means or not.

I am a victim! Why didn't I get richer in this timeframe??? This is America for goodness sake! Surely my lot in life currently must be the grand scheme of a bunch of folks found on various Forbes lists, right?

Now, being realistic... of course there are flaws in the system... the phrase "money is power" doesn't exist for no reason. And odds are no matter what I did I wouldn't ever see myself in the top percentile... that's just the way it is overall. By that same sentiment, me being in the bottom percentile is nobody's fault but my own, and my responsibility to deal with.

Also, I definitely see the argument the left often makes, where the "middle" is skewed far more towards the bottom overall than it is towards the top, especially over the last several decades. Numerically, it's a most valid point.

But yet I can't help but see my parents, who have been lower middle class for the 40 years or so that they have been married... live comfortably. They raised me and my sister, they have a nice house in a nice neighborhood. My Mom didn't work until me and my sister were grown. Certainly there were struggles, but in this country there's ample opportunity for that 'poor poor' middle class to live a very nice life. Hell, back to myself, again being that bottom percentile, I live on my own, have a roof over my head, and food on my table... and I haven't had a full time job since '08. I can't wait to see how bad middle class life would be!

And in that process, if one of y'all starts raking in millions, I won't be mad at ya, I'll be happy as hell for you.

Sack

LWW
10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where’d All The Income Growth Go?

Q </div></div>

Mostly to those that earned it ... minus what the state stole to buy votes with.

Anything else I can help you with?

Soflasnapper
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Not at all.

CEOs with companies who under-perform their sector still get multi-million dollar compensation from the board they get appointed for exactly this purpose.

CEOs who are finally fired receive multi-million dollar golden parachute packages.

When Michael Eisner fired Michael Ovitz after about a year of failing at the job, he paid him about $103 million in walk-away money, equal to something like $86,000/hour had he worked 40 hours a week that entire year.

Ovitz 'earned' this money by failing, and getting fired. Our system is not a meritocracy when it comes to who gets paid what. It's mainly an old boys' network kind of thing.

Qtec
10-27-2011, 04:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mostly to those that earned it ... </div></div>

Or those that stole it.

Q

Gayle in MD
10-27-2011, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all.

CEOs with companies who under-perform their sector still get multi-million dollar compensation from the board they get appointed for exactly this purpose.

CEOs who are finally fired receive multi-million dollar golden parachute packages.

When Michael Eisner fired Michael Ovitz after about a year of failing at the job, he paid him about $103 million in walk-away money, equal to something like $86,000/hour had he worked 40 hours a week that entire year.

Ovitz 'earned' this money by failing, and getting fired. Our system is not a meritocracy when it comes to who gets paid what. It's mainly an old boys' network kind of thing.

</div></div>

The right has been brainwashed by the Repiglican Fascists to believe that the wealthy top one percent, provide jobs, and employment.

They subscribe to the REagan, "Tickle Down" theory, which is, in today's world, absurd!

Our tax structure is slanted toward the very wealthy, allowing them to accumulate more and more wealth, not because they work harder, and not because they are smarter, but because they are allowed to build huge wealth, untaxed, and leave their families connected to political power, and allowed to skip out on pay their due, because they become so powerful, they can buy the politicians they want...on the promise that they will laer make them wealthy also.

The top one percent in this country are the pigs of greed, who are sitting on their wealth, while their country goes downhill, instead of investing in their country.

They advantage everthing that all of the rest of us pay for, yet they are given loopholes, and tax breaks, and huge power, as a result, to build even moroe wealth, even though they actually create nothing!

Money, buying more money, and no contribution to society.

GREEDY PIGS, Without Conscience, who will never have enough. They are stealing from all of us, and Repiglican policies, are assisting them in their theft.

"When Fascism come to America, it will come wrapped in the flag, and waving the cross."

We are seeing The Shock doctrine, play out, and it grew to become a Fascist danger, under Repiglican policies, Ronald Reagan...AND Milton Friedman.

Destroy a company, and slaughter jobs of Middle Class workers, and you're rewarded, and then you will get hundreds of millions as your reward?

Wall Street is NOT a free market, it is a corrupt Ponzi Scheme, which produces absolutely nothing!
...Mitt Romney...OMG! One of the worst!

G.

LWW
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all.

</div></div>

Which has nothing to do with the fact that they earned it.

Something in their past convinced someone else to pay those sums. Sadly, they don't always work out

LWW
10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They subscribe to the REagan, "Tickle Down" theory, which is, in today's world, absurd!

G.

</div></div>

I met Reagan ... he never tickled me up or down.

WTF are you talking about?

LWW
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mostly to those that earned it ... </div></div>

Or those that stole it.

Q </div></div>

Big accusation.

What evidence do you have?

eg8r
10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Could you explain how someone steals income?

eg8r

LWW
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/10/aftertaxincome-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Q

</div></div>

According to your graph, the poor got richer ... hence your argument isn't that the least productive class isn't better off, because they clearly are. But, the productive class didn't get robbed enough..

cushioncrawler
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
If CEO's kan sit on lots of boards and vote other CEO's high pays then why not let workers and unions vote other workers' and unions pays.
mac.

Stretch
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They subscribe to the REagan, "Tickle Down" theory, which is, in today's world, absurd!

G.

</div></div>

WTF are you talking about? </div></div>

It "mist" be a typo. Get it now Elmo? St.

Qtec
10-28-2011, 04:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you explain how someone steals income?

eg8r </div></div>

You have always said taxation was theft.!!!!

Qi

Qtec
10-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Are you F--king insane?

The graph clearly shows that most were better of in 1979 than 2007.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/10/aftertaxincome-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Q

LWW
10-28-2011, 06:19 AM
It shows no such thing.

Qtec
10-28-2011, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rich continue to do what made them rich </div></div>

etc etc.. If that's so, explain today's massive inequality.

Q

Qtec
10-28-2011, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It shows no such thing. </div></div>

So we should just take YOUR word for it????? LMFAO.

What a wonker.

Q..HaHaHaHaHa

eg8r
10-28-2011, 09:04 AM
It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. They continued to do the same things they were doing before. The poor chose to continue doing what makes them poor. If this continues on and on, one group is going to continue to make more and the other is going to continue to make less. The gap has to widen, it is simple math.

eg8r

LWW
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. They continued to do the same things they were doing before. The poor chose to continue doing what makes them poor. If this continues on and on, one group is going to continue to make more and the other is going to continue to make less. The gap has to widen, it is simple math.

eg8r </div></div>

And beyond that, the poor in America are still better off than in 1979.

They just aren't as much better off as those who created the wealth upon which the bottom 20% feeds.

LWW
10-28-2011, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rich continue to do what made them rich </div></div>

etc etc.. If that's so, explain today's massive inequality.

Q </div></div>

Easy.

You are an idiot.

What you ignore is that the average GDP of the EU is$30,388 per capita. The lowest is Romania at $11,860. The highest is Luxemburg at $81,383 ... followed by the Netherlands at $40,764.

Meanwhile in Mississippi, the poorest of the 50 US states, it is $32,967. The highest id Delaware at $69,667.

The reality is that their is far greater income disparity in snoopy's beloved Eurabia than there is in the USA ... and that he resides at the very top of the pile. Why don't the Dutch pay "their fair share?"

Beyond that, the Euros are doing it because the US taxpayer foots the bill for their national security and protection of their trade routes.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>GOODNESS GRACIOUS! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_European_Union)

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP)</span>

eg8r
10-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I am not talking about taxation, I am talking the income. Taxes are stolen after the income is earned. Your chart refers to income and you said it was stolen so now I am asking you to explain how someone steals their income.

eg8r

Qtec
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. </div></div>

As the graph shows, <u>at the expense of everyone else!</u>

What you are saying is that the voodoo economics of the RW doesn't work. There is no trickle down, only a wealth redistribution to the top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this continues on and on, one group is going to continue to make more and the other is going to continue to make less. <u>The gap has to widen, it is simple math.</u>

eg8r </div></div>

OWS???? Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q

eg8r
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the graph shows, at the expense of everyone else!</div></div>This is your misinterpretation of the graph. The data does not show in any way that one group excelled to the detriment of another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are saying is that the voodoo economics of the RW doesn't work. There is no trickle down, only a wealth redistribution to the top.</div></div>What I am saying is that rich people are smart with their money and poor people are not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OWS???? Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>Are you saying OWS is now completely against simple math? They refuse to believe that rich people are smart with their money while poor people are not. Tell me this, how many of the OWS protestors have mouths to feed, families to feed, children that need clothes and school supplies? Most of them? A good portion of them? How are these needs being met by skipping work or not hunting for work? Do you see rich people throwing away opportunities to work and bring in money just to get their voice heard? Again, the rich continue to do the things that make them rich.

eg8r

Qtec
10-29-2011, 03:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Congressional Budget Office Just Jumped Into The Debate About Inequality, And It Definitely Picks A Side

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-congr...0#ixzz1cA2srPo0 (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-congressional-budget-releases-a-report-on-inequality-2011-10#ixzz1cA2srPo0)

For the 20 percent of the population with the lowest income, average real after-tax household income was about 18 percent higher in 2007 than it had been in 1979.

Here's another shocking fact: From 2005 to 2007, the after-tax income received by the top 20% of Americans alone was more than the rest of the 80% altogether.

Now here's why:

The CBO says the main reason why after tax-income has become so unequal, is that market income (income before government transfer, taxes etc.) <u>became heavily concentrated in the hands of the upper class.</u>

There are two reasons for that.

"One was an increase in the concentration of each source of market income, which consists of labor income (such as cash wages and salaries and employer- paid health insurance premiums), business income, capital gains, capital income, and other income. All of those sources of market income were less evenly distributed in 2007 than they were in 1979."

And the other —"From the Between 1979 and 2007, the share of income coming from capital gains and business income increased, while the share coming from labor income and capital income decreased."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>Basically, the businesses and ways to make money became concentrated in the hands of a few.</u> And labor stopped making much money at all. The result is that a lot of people are left with only a little.</span>

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-congr...0#ixzz1cA3Jwt9H (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-congressional-budget-releases-a-report-on-inequality-2011-10#ixzz1cA3Jwt9H)
</div></div>

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4ea718ee6bb3f72858000029-590/slide-01.jpg

Q

LWW
10-29-2011, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. </div></div>

What you are saying is that the voodoo economics of the RW doesn't work.

Q </div></div>

Actually it has been shown that it is the Euro socialism that doesn't work and creates less wealth, poorer poor, and richer rich than the US system.

Your denial by silence merely confirms my opinion of you.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2011, 06:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They subscribe to the REagan, "Tickle Down" theory, which is, in today's world, absurd!

G.

</div></div>

It "mist" be a typo. Get it now Elmo? St. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
10-30-2011, 09:35 AM
So why don't you answer the questions?

Qtec
10-31-2011, 04:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I am saying is that rich people are smart with their money and poor people are not. </div></div>

This is where it goes right over your head...POOR PEOPLE don't have any money to invest!!!! They spend all they have, get ripped off by banks and often go into debt!

A recent survey showed that 1/3 of Americans say they <u>don't have any spare cash.</u>

If you are correct and the rich are doing the same blah blah and the poor are doing the same blah blah, how do explain the huge wealth /income inequality over the last 30 years? The graph is off the scale.

You have to go back 80 years to find the last time the inequality was so huge. Its bad for the country.

Not one single GOP candidate has offered a plan to redress this problem. All of their plans exacerbate it.
Every single one of them want to hand those who don't need it even more money and pay for it by cutting social services for the needy.

Q

Q

Gayle in MD
10-31-2011, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the graph shows, at the expense of everyone else!</div></div>This is your misinterpretation of the graph. The data does not show in any way that one group excelled to the detriment of another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are saying is that the voodoo economics of the RW doesn't work. There is no trickle down, only a wealth redistribution to the top.</div></div>What I am saying is that rich people are smart with their money and poor people are not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OWS???? Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>Are you saying OWS is now completely against simple math? They refuse to believe that rich people are smart with their money while poor people are not. Tell me this, how many of the OWS protestors have mouths to feed, families to feed, children that need clothes and school supplies? Most of them? A good portion of them? How are these needs being met by skipping work or not hunting for work? Do you see rich people throwing away opportunities to work and bring in money just to get their voice heard? Again, the rich continue to do the things that make them rich.

eg8r </div></div>

And what you are missing is that rich people are smart with the money they steal from all of the rest, while in colusion with politicians, who legislate for a society that is unevenly slanted to take more from the 99%, and stuff it into their own pockets.....including the poor people, who, are deprived of opportunities to even get on the bottom rung of the ladder, \due to all of the corruption, and class warfare, that Repiglicans have prosecuted throughout this recession, as they blame the Middle Class, and the poor, for what was clearly a grand theft, by the wealthy, with the aid of Repiglicans, and their BS deregulatory policies, and the massive failure of the Bush Administration, and Greenspan, who saw all of the corruption, and failed to stop it, thought they had warning after warning, that their policies were going to create the worst crash since the Great Depression, while they lied and lied to the American People, throughout, including that we were even in a recession, for a whole year!

Repiglican policies promoted fraud, PERIOD! Greenspan actively blocked every effort to prevent this disaster, and continued to maintain policies which could only lead to disaster. Greenspan stated, clearly, he was not concerned about FRAUD in the Market, While FRAUD in the market, was having a hey day!

The right is still blaming Fannie and Freddie, for what the coke head pigs on Wall ST., did to this country, while Repiglicans are blaming our public servents, and the poor, and destroying every social safety net they can think of, as they block every effort to reign in the pigs, and block strengthening the stiff regulatory corrections which should now be fully in place.

How much more disgustingly absurd and dishonest, can they get!!!!
From the corporate polluters, who make us ill, and destroy our environment, to the corrupt Health Inusrance Industry, AND the health and pharmaceutical industries, the Neocon loving Military Industrial Congressional Complex, to the disgusting pigs on Wall ST., who stole American wealth right under Bush's, Paulsons, and Greenspans noses, Repiglicans are their Fairy God Mother.

G.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2011, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They subscribe to the REagan, "Trickle Down" theory, which is, in today's world, absurd!

G.

</div></div>

It "mist" be a typo. Get it now Elmo? St. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">WE HAVE TO GIVE THE LITTLE PEOPLE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, LOL, HE NEEDS TO CONCENTRATE ON HIS OWN MISTAKES....BUT HE'S TOO BUSY CLAIMING INTELLECTUAL SUPERIORITY, IN SPITE OF HIS OBVIOUS STUNNING INGORANCE, IOW, TYPICAL RW FASCIST NUTJOB. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The highest id <span style="color: #990000">IS </span> Delaware

The reality is that their <span style="color: #990000">THERE </span> is </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">IF THEY COULDN'T SEE THROUGH BUSH, PAULSON AND GREENSPAN, WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THEM?

IF THEY ARE SO STUPID THAT THEY THINK THE POOR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THE NEO-CONS, BUSH, GREENSPAN, PAULSON, CHENEY AND WALL ST. PIGS DID TO THIS COUNTRY, THEY AREN'T WORTH OUR TIME......

IF THEY CAN'T READ SIMPLE CHARTS, WITHOUT DENYING THE OBVIOUS, WE ARE WATCHING STUNNING IGNORANCE, AND PARTISAN BULL**** IN ACTION.

SAME OL' SAME OL'....THE RIGHT NEVER LEARNS A DAMN THING, THEY JUST KEEP ON LIVING IN LA LA LAND.

NO COUNTRY CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT A THRIVING MIDDLE CLASS. REPIGS DESTROYED OUR MIDDLE CLASS, AND THE CHARTS PROVE IT, THAT'S WHY REPIGS ARE BUSY OUT THERE DOING WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO, LYING DENYING, AND GETTING READY TO DISENFRANCHISE VOTERS, AND THROW ANOTHER ELECTION.

PIGS! IGNORANT PIGS, AT THAT!

"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA, IT WILL COME WRAPPED IN THE FLAG, WAVING THE CROSS."

IT'S THE FRIEDMAN STYLED, SHOCK DOCTRINE, ON STERIODS.

G.</span>

eg8r
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is where it goes right over your head...POOR PEOPLE don't have any money to invest!!!!</div></div>Nope and the reason is because they continue to do the things that made them poor. They have no money to invest but they drive around in cars they cannot afford, they buy houses they cannot afford, they hang flat panel tv's on their wall and rent expensive pay per view MMA fights every other weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are correct and the rich are doing the same blah blah and the poor are doing the same blah blah, how do explain the huge wealth /income inequality over the last 30 years? </div></div>What do you mean "if I am correct"? Do you see vast groups of rich people becoming poor and vast groups of poor becoming rich. NOPE, and the reason is because I am right. The rich do what makes them money and for your lack of common sense that means they continue to add to what they have. If you have $10 and you add $10 every day do you have more money 30 years later than the other guy that started out with $10 and spent $12 of it every day. This is simple math so it is a common sense barrier that is keeping you from seeing the truth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to go back 80 years to find the last time the inequality was so huge. Its bad for the country.</div></div>Not when you are a democrat and you can use class warfare as the platform of your stump speech.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2011, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what you are missing is that rich people are smart with the money they steal from all of the rest, </div></div>It is not stealing when you keep your own earned money. If they are stealing then you are also with all the tax breaks and deductions you receive each year. When are you going to start paying your fair share?

eg8r

LWW
10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. </div></div>

What you are saying is that the voodoo economics of the RW doesn't work. There is no trickle down, only a wealth redistribution to the top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this continues on and on, one group is going to continue to make more and the other is going to continue to make less. <u>The gap has to widen, it is simple math.</u>

eg8r </div></div>

OWS???? Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q </div></div>

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen you post ... and that's saying something.

There was zero wealth redistribution to the top ... and it takes a total idiot to believe there was.

What happened is the wealthy created more wealth than they consumed. Some of that wealth was redistributed to the poor.

Soflasnapper
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
That is a bizarre take.

What really happened was that as the workforce's productivity rate increased dramatically (partially from computer and internet efficiencies), with the workforce thereby creating far more end product with the same man hours worked, all or nearly all of that extra productivity's profits flowed up the pyramid structure, as wages did not rise in real terms as they had consistently risen prior to the '80s except during recessions.

So we saw after the Reagan boom years, no significant reduction in the poverty rate relative to what was supposed to be a very bad economy in Carter's last year in office.

Why not? Because unions were crushed, and lost bargaining power, under threat of moving the workforce and investment in plants to overseas locations. The same was true for the non-blue-collar non-unionized workforce.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is easy. The rich did what needed to be done to make more money. They continued to do the same things they were doing before. The poor chose to continue doing what makes them poor. If this continues on and on, one group is going to continue to make more and the other is going to continue to make less. The gap has to widen, it is simple math.

eg8r </div></div>

Stunning ignorance!

Gayle in MD
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what you are missing is that rich people are smart with the money they steal from all of the rest, </div></div>It is not stealing when you keep your own earned money. If they are stealing then you are also with all the tax breaks and deductions you receive each year. When are you going to start paying your fair share?

eg8r </div></div>

I didn't bundle and sell off bad loans, to unsuspecting clients...nor take subsidies, from the federal government, nor hide my money offshore, nor fire workers and bankrupt corporations, so that I could walk away with millions in value in my pocket...

not to mention, I never took any blood money from the war mongering military industrial congressional complex, for defense contracts, or stuff a paycheck into my pocket which came from the government nor any other check from the government war machine...as you have done...

nor have I ever aborted any fertilized fetus while using birth control pills, or the IUD, as you have done for years, Eg., while calling me, (and others) a murderer, for merely having an opinion on the subject.

IOW...what a colossal hypocrite you are, Eg!

G.