PDA

View Full Version : Where are the POWs? Update

llotter
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
So now, it appears that the POWs are being housed in foreign facilities that practice torture with the full knowledge and financing of this country. Well what do you know about that!!

Soflasnapper
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM
What 'POWs' do you refer to? Do you mean enemy combatants, who are not accorded POW status?

llotter
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Another distinction without a difference, call them whatever you like.

I have been curious what has been happening to those enemy combatants that got captured, if they weren't just killed on the spot, with both Gitmo and the CIA's 'black sites' no longer accepting new occupants. Then I was very surprised to see the front page story in today's Washington Post that provided some answers though still very sketchy.

Soflasnapper
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I had previously read the reason so many were being executed via remote control drone fire was the lack of suitable places to keep them. Also, executed via assassination special forces.

We'd already been doing extraordinary rendition TO 3rd party torturing countries as part of our handling of such enemy partisans for many years, possibly all the war on terror time.

I'm not surprised, although it's dismaying, to find we have not ceased such abusive practices under President Obama.

But it's not true at all that there is no difference in the military's treatment of persons deemed actual POWs, subject to the Geneva convention's prescriptions for treatment, compared to how they handle those deemed not to be that. It's a grave libel of our military forces to claim the contrary.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now, it appears that the POWs are being housed in foreign facilities that practice torture with the full knowledge and financing of this country. Well what do you know about that!! </div></div>

More baloney.

President Obama forbids torture of any kind. It was one of the first things he did. An Executive order, I believe.

The right will bash regardless.

There have been a range of options offered and attempted, to deal with this situation, uncluding Indictments, and Trials, in civil coutrs, and housing them in the safest of Federal Prisons, one sitting empty, and being the pigs they are, Repigs attacked all the options considered, IOW, they wouldn't be in line with any way to deal with the problem, unless, of course, it was Bush and Cheney, doing all of it in secret.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
11-03-2011, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama forbids torture of any kind.</div></div>Yeah right. You probably also though he forbid the act of illegally going on foreign soil to murder someone. Torture bad, murder OK. Do you even hear the BS coming out of your mouth these days?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-03-2011, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama forbids torture of any kind.</div></div>Yeah right. You probably also though he forbid the act of illegally going on foreign soil to murder someone. Torture bad, murder OK. Do you even hear the BS coming out of your mouth these days?

eg8r </div></div>

While you have failed once again, to write a sentence that makes any sense, you have further failed in your assertion.

President Obama hasn't murdered Innocent People, like your boy George did.

President Obama, killed a self-proclaimed treasonist, who had joined the enemy, al Qaeda, and was a self-proclaimed, active terrorist, who was involved in plotting and planning, and killing Americans.

He was a chief operations operative, and he was recruiting young Muslims here in our country, to perform terrorist acts against Americans.

Additionally, President Obama, killed bin Laden, remember him? The one that George Chimp Bush, had eight years to get, and couldn't pull it off? the man who killed three thousand Americans, on 9/11, after Bush totally ignored all of the warnings, for eight months?

Don't bother answering me, as I know it will be just another of your famous twists on reality, that you THINK...is important, but which is just more of your favorite activity, spreading around outlandish untruths, and twisting around documented facts, into lies, and all to suit your partisan fantasies, and assuage your jealousy over our far more successful, far more intelligent, and far more dignified current president, who has achieved so much more success, than your miserable failure, George W. Bush.

G.

eg8r
11-03-2011, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you have failed once again, to write a sentence that makes any sense, you have further failed in your assertion.
</div></div>If it did not make sense why did you follow up this sentence with another rant? It is quite obvious you know exactly what I was typing but you wanted to try your hand as grammar police again.

You continue to act like Obama never broke the law yet "the law" was all you cared about when it was W. Your two-faced hypocrisy is soooo transparent it is laughable.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you have failed once again, to write a sentence that makes any sense, you have further failed in your assertion.
</div></div>If it did not make sense why did you follow up this sentence with another rant? It is quite obvious you know exactly what I was typing but you wanted to try your hand as grammar police again.

You continue to act like Obama never broke the law yet "the law" was all you cared about when it was W. Your two-faced hypocrisy is soooo transparent it is laughable.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>So Eg., if your wife's life was in danger, and she was three months pregnant, and couldn't be saved unless they aborted the fetus, I suppose you would prefer to see your other two children live their lives out with no mother, and lose your wife, just let her die, and all to save a three month un born fetus?

Can't wait to here this one! Bet he doesn't even answer it.

Oh, and try to use a rational form of the language, will ya? I know it's hard for you, but give it a shot!

G </span></div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Still waiting....almost a week now... </span> </span>

eg8r
11-04-2011, 02:58 PM
So yet again, the hypocrite changes the subject.

eg8r