PDA

View Full Version : ball polisher and cleaner

09-23-2002, 10:21 AM
I've been using a commercial brand ball cleaner/polisher for my room and I was wondering if this is something I could make myself. Any ideas?

Fred Agnir
09-23-2002, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: doitforthegame:</font><hr> I've been using a commercial brand ball cleaner/polisher for my room and I was wondering if this is something I could make myself. Any ideas? <hr></blockquote>
I made a ball cleaner (for eight balls) out of a window fan motor, some plywood, and carpet remnants. The trickiest part was to figure out how to couple the plywood platform to the motor shaft and how to mount the motor into a housing. I stripped the rest of the window fan for those items.

To do it right, however, you'd need some electrical background as it is a fire hazard if you overload the motor and don't fuse it correctly.

The three ball mini buffer which they sell for $50 would be pretty easy to make with a small bucket, an auto polishing buffer and a drill.

Fred

09-24-2002, 05:33 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I have the machine, I need the cleaning/polishing solution.