PDA

View Full Version : Cain , can he survive?



Qtec
11-01-2011, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“One of the things that I do recall, my general counsel telling me that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>one of the reasons that [there] was no basis to it is because <u>she couldn’t find any witnesses to corroborate her story,</u>”</span> he said. </div></div>

<u>Which is difficult to do when there are only two of you in the room!</u>


What Cain should have said is that the woman can't prove it, not that there is no basis for it.

Its difficult to claim there is no basis in these complaints when at least 2 women have said the same thing.




Q

Qtec
11-01-2011, 05:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cain Timeline (Work in Progress)

I'm trying to put together a Herman Cain harassment timeline. This is a work in progress because I'm having a hard time keep track of it all. So bear with me.

1. Politico allegations are false. Story is crap.

2. Yes, there were allegations. But they were false.

3. Yes there were allegations that were false and I don't know what money was paid.

4. I don't know whether money was paid. And it would be wrong for me to find out whether money was paid because it's confidential.

5. There was a in-depth investigation. And I was cleared. But I don't know anything about it.

6. Here's the gesture that led to my getting accused of harassment.

7. Okay, I remember some discussion of a settlement number.

This baby is enough of a moving target I think we need to crowd source it. Which parts am I missing?

— Josh Marshal </div></div>


LOL

Q

Gayle in MD
11-01-2011, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cain Timeline (Work in Progress)

I'm trying to put together a Herman Cain harassment timeline. This is a work in progress because I'm having a hard time keep track of it all. So bear with me.

1. Politico allegations are false. Story is crap.

2. Yes, there were allegations. But they were false.

3. Yes there were allegations that were false and I don't know what money was paid.

4. I don't know whether money was paid. And it would be wrong for me to find out whether money was paid because it's confidential.

5. There was a in-depth investigation. And I was cleared. But I don't know anything about it.

6. Here's the gesture that led to my getting accused of harassment.

7. Okay, I remember some discussion of a settlement number.

This baby is enough of a moving target I think we need to crowd source it. Which parts am I missing?

— Josh Marshal </div></div>


LOL

Q </div></div>

The sad part is that he will be embraced and defended by the "Family Values" dogma spewing, reality busting RW bah bah idiots.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-01-2011, 08:02 AM
This is weak beer compared to felony violations of campaign finance law.

Cain is somewhat lucky to have this old and mysteriously unclear murky situation distracting from multiple felony counts likely to be charged to some of his key campaign backers.

Qtec
11-01-2011, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is weak beer compared to felony <u>violations of campaign finance law.</u> </div></div>

Its funny you should say that. This has been around for a few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain Faces Potential Campaign Finance, Tax Law Violations


Herman Cain's two top campaign aides ran a private Wisconsin-based corporation that helped the GOP presidential candidate get his fledgling campaign off the ground by originally footing the bill for tens of thousands of dollars in expenses for such items as iPads, chartered flights and travel to Iowa and Las Vegas - something that might breach federal tax and campaign law, according to sources and documents. </div></div>

State firm's cash to Herman Cain (http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/state-firms-cash-to-herman-cain-may-breach-federal-campaign-tax-laws-132898423.html)

Q

Gayle in MD
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is weak beer compared to felony <u>violations of campaign finance law.</u> </div></div>

Its funny you should say that. This has been around for a few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain Faces Potential Campaign Finance, Tax Law Violations


Herman Cain's two top campaign aides ran a private Wisconsin-based corporation that helped the GOP presidential candidate get his fledgling campaign off the ground by originally footing the bill for tens of thousands of dollars in expenses for such items as iPads, chartered flights and travel to Iowa and Las Vegas - something that might breach federal tax and campaign law, according to sources and documents. </div></div>

State firm's cash to Herman Cain (http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/state-firms-cash-to-herman-cain-may-breach-federal-campaign-tax-laws-132898423.html)

Q



</div></div>

He's got "crook" all over his face!

To answer your thread title...No! His ego will kill him.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2011, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">



<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“One of the things that I do recall, my general counsel telling me that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>one of the reasons that [there] was no basis to it is because <u>she couldn’t find any witnesses to corroborate her story,</u>”</span> he said. </div></div>

<u>Which is difficult to do when there are only two of you in the room!</u>


What Cain should have said is that the woman can't prove it, not that there is no basis for it.

Its difficult to claim there is no basis in these complaints when at least 2 women have said the same thing.




Q

</div></div>

Just saw fifteen plus, "I don't recall" 's from Greta's show last night.

Poor Cain, another Gonzo, obviously, suffering from Amnesia!

LMAO!

eg8r
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is difficult to do when there are only two of you in the room!
</div></div>This is so funny. Since it is a Republican's word against a woman's word, you believe the woman. However, when it was a Democrat's word against multiple instances with different women you chose to believe the women (even after the Dems extramarital affairs became common knowledge). What a hypocrite.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is difficult to do when there are only two of you in the room!
</div></div>This is so funny. Since it is a Republican's word against a woman's word, you believe the woman. However, when it was a Democrat's word against multiple instances with different women you chose to believe the women (even after the Dems extramarital affairs became common knowledge). What a hypocrite.

eg8r </div></div>

Another of your lies.

None of us here ever said we believed Clinton when he denied his involvements with women.

Additionally, none of us approved of his behavior, and we said exactly that.

The only thing any of us said about it at that time, was that if we were going to demand that all of our politicians be men who have been faithful of their marriages, we wouldn't have any government. AND, that we felt sorry for their families, when their extramarital bahavior became public.

So now, you can apologize for yet another of your irrational misstatements and accusations, which is what some people call, lies.

I might add, Republicans are famous for being poor losers, and their attacks on the Clinton's, and most all of their overly zealous non stop investigations, and slanderous accusations, which they used to plague his entire presidency, and started to use for their slander, from the very moment that they realized he was a brilliant man, with a very good liklihood of winning, were proven wrong.

You continue to accuse others of hypocrisy, when that is precisely what you yourself are famous for on this forum.

Additionally, you never own up to it when you are proven wrong.

G.

eg8r
11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another of your lies.

None of us here ever said we believed Clinton when he denied his involvements with women.
</div></div>So you continue to live a life of revisionist history.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another of your lies.

None of us here ever said we believed Clinton when he denied his involvements with women.
</div></div>So you continue to live a life of revisionist history.

eg8r </div></div>

No, you continue to tell outright lies.

I never believed Clinton's denials, just the same way I don't believe Cain's denials.

I simply stated what turned out to be true, that the accusations did not rise to the level of impeachment.

Stop with the lies and false accusations. You are getting habitual with this sort of nonsense.

G.

eg8r
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
LOL, keep up your revisionist history. We all know you are the only one that believes your BS these days anyways.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, keep up your revisionist history. We all know you are the only one that believes your BS these days anyways.

eg8r </div></div>

Fell Better now Eg.?

eg8r
11-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Pretty much the same. Prior to making that post I knew you were a revisionist and make changes to history to support your new lies, and after the post I still know that to be true. Nothing has changed and I feel just as incredible after as I did before.

What was that post you made to me a little while ago about constructing a sentence that makes sense? Is this your shining example? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fell Better now Eg.?
</div></div>It makes no sense (normal for you) and capitalization is all over the place. Come on Honduh save Gaylio...

eg8r &lt;~~~For the record, I did give Gayle 15 minutes to update

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty much the same. Prior to making that post I knew you were a revisionist and make changes to history to support your new lies, and after the post I still know that to be true. Nothing has changed and I feel just as incredible after as I did before.

What was that post you made to me a little while ago about constructing a sentence that makes sense? Is this your shining example? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fell Better now Eg.?
</div></div>It makes no sense (normal for you) and capitalization is all over the place. Come on Honduh save Gaylio...

eg8r &lt;~~~For the record, I did give Gayle 15 minutes to update </div></div>



<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>So Eg., if your wife's life was in danger, and she was three months pregnant, and couldn't be saved unless they aborted the fetus, I suppose you would prefer to see your two children live their lives out with no mother, and lose your wife, just let her die, and all to save a three month un- born fetus?

Can't wait to here this one! Bet he doesn't even answer it.

Oh, and try to use a rational form of the language, will ya? I know it's hard for you, but give it a shot!

G </span> </div></div>

eg8r
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM
LOL, and you continue to ignore the subject.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty much the same. Prior to making that post I knew you were a revisionist and make changes to history to support your new lies, and after the post I still know that to be true. Nothing has changed and I feel just as incredible after as I did before.

What was that post you made to me a little while ago about constructing a sentence that makes sense? Is this your shining example? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fell Better now Eg.?

<span style="color: #990000">Yes, I'd say most people of average intelligence, could make snese enough of it, and would realize that there is a typo involved.</span></div></div>

It makes no sense (normal for you) and capitalization is all over the place.

<span style="color: #990000">LOL, you wouldn't call that an exaggeration, now, would you Eg? </span>


Come on Honduh save Gaylio...

eg8r &lt;~~~For the record, I did give Gayle 15 minutes to update </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">LOL, and the typo... something that you have never done yourself, I suppose?

Give it up, my friend. If you are only interested in attacking others, throwing out snide remarks, and stomping through this forum like a little toddler, having a tantrum, what does that make you?</span>

Qtec
11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is so funny. Since it is a Republican's word against a woman's word, you believe the woman. </div></div>

Its now 5 women and two <u>we know for sure</u> were paid off.

FWIW, a Republican's word doesn't count for much.

Q

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is difficult to do when there are only two of you in the room!
</div></div>This is so funny. Since it is a Republican's word against a woman's word, you believe the woman. However, when it was a Democrat's word against multiple instances with different women you chose to believe the women (even after the Dems extramarital affairs became common knowledge). What a hypocrite.

eg8r </div></div>

I know this wasn't directed at me, but here's what I thought of Clinton vs. the women.

I figured his obvious character flaw and roving eye and other parts would cost him his first election bid, so I voted against him in the primaries.

When the Lewinsky matter came out, I felt sick to my stomach, or as if I were hit in the stomach.

In between those two markers, one before he won the nomination, and the other starting the impeachment saga, I found the women accusing him to be so short on facts, and so long on distortions and lies, that it was almost as if they were plants to make him look innocent. Seriously. Serial liars, really.

Sid_Vicious
11-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I just hope that the IRS keeps a good watch on that woman's personal income, that woman and also the second one who filed back then. Let's hope the system actually works against a GOP contender this time, and that there will be jail time, not just embarrassments when they are caught. sid

eg8r
11-04-2011, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In between those two markers, one before he won the nomination, and the other starting the impeachment saga, I found the women accusing him to be so short on facts, and so long on distortions and lies, that it was almost as if they were plants to make him look innocent.</div></div>I am sure there is no way whatsoever you would ever be willing to give Cain's accusers the same amount of time.

However, after all that time, Clinton comes out as scum and you still believe him over the other women. LOL, you only believe the woman when Clinton admits, correct?

eg8r

eg8r
11-04-2011, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, a Republican's word doesn't count for much.
</div></div>Yeah because the guy I was referring to was so honest and truthful every time he told his wife he would be up to bed a little late. Edwards was a pretty honest guy also wasn't he?

eg8r

Qtec
11-05-2011, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, a Republican's word doesn't count for much.
</div></div>Yeah because the guy I was referring to was so honest and truthful every time he told his wife he would be up to bed a little late. Edwards was a pretty honest guy also wasn't he?

eg8r </div></div>

As you would say, apples and oranges.
Geez, how many Republicans have cheated on their wives and lied about it? 100,s. Its normal. It happens all the time.
OTOH, being accused of sexual harassment is NOT normal.

Its clear Herman has a charter flaw. He can't separate business from pleasure. He basically tries it on with just about every woman he meets.



Q

Qtec
11-05-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attorney Joel Bennett issued a statement Friday afternoon from one of the women who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s, standing by the complaint and confirming that it involved a "series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances" from Cain:

In 1999 I was retained by a female employee of the National Restaurant Association concerning several instances of sexual harassment by the then CEO.

She made a complaint in good faith about <span style='font-size: 20pt'>a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances from the CEO. </span>


Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67650.html#ixzz1cpdO1E4T
</div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
11-05-2011, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attorney Joel Bennett issued a statement Friday afternoon from one of the women who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s, standing by the complaint and confirming that it involved a "series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances" from Cain:

In 1999 I was retained by a female employee of the National Restaurant Association concerning several instances of sexual harassment by the then CEO.

She made a complaint in good faith about <span style='font-size: 20pt'>a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances from the CEO. </span>


Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67650.html#ixzz1cpdO1E4T
</div></div>

Q </div></div>

I see nothing to dignify this man. He's scum, as far as I'm concerned. This is nothing but a huge scam, directed by The Koch Brothers, more scum.

In the end, it's the Tea Party types, that are going to end up looking stupid, IMO. There they are out there cheering for the very greedy pigs, that are killing them with toxins, and destroying the air and water...

Too many stupid people in this country....that's our downfall.

G.

G.

eg8r
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you would say, apples and oranges.
</div></div>Yep, only in your mind would you consider Rep/Dem apples and oranges when both commit the same act.

eg8r

Qtec
11-06-2011, 06:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you would say, apples and oranges.
</div></div>Yep, only in your mind would you consider Rep/Dem apples and oranges when both commit the same act.

eg8r </div></div>

Not the same act. One had an affair, the other didn't.
One has been accused of sexual harassment and has twice paid out. The other hasn't.
One of them is running for POTUS, the other isn't.
Cain is a proven liar. Is that the guy you want in the WH?

BTW, Cain was contacted 10 days before the Politico report came out. It was no surprise.... and still he lied about it.

Doesn't that tell you something about the guy?

Q

Qtec
11-06-2011, 06:56 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/395386/THIS-WEEK-IN-ONE-GRAPH.jpg

Gayle in MD
11-06-2011, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you would say, apples and oranges.
</div></div>Yep, only in your mind would you consider Rep/Dem apples and oranges when both commit the same act.

eg8r </div></div>

Not the same act. One had an affair, the other didn't.
One has been accused of sexual harassment and has twice paid out. The other hasn't.
One of them is running for POTUS, the other isn't.
Cain is a proven liar. Is that the guy you want in the WH?

BTW, Cain was contacted 10 days before the Politico report came out. It was no surprise.... and still he lied about it.

Doesn't that tell you something about the guy?

Q

</div></div>

I read something about Politico having contacted him as early as last summer about it, and his people refused to answer anything about it, just stonewlled every request ofr a response.

I think Repiglican voters admire liars and thieves who get away with fraud.

The Greed is good, ME generation, RW baby boomers of America, were brainwashed before they ever got out of college.

How many times have we read their irrational take on a Repiglican Liar, who is gaming them, deceitfully gaming the entire election process, just to line their own pockets.

As long as the thief walks out with the bucks, they see him/her as being brilliant!

Gingrich? Palin? Bachmann? The Koch Brothers (?) who are poisoning their own food, water and air? All are heroes to the right.

G.

LWW
11-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Well ... in the end there is nobody to come forward with anything.

Imagine that.

eg8r
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the same act. One had an affair, the other didn't.
</div></div>Do you think Clinton's sexual issues were only Monica? No wonder you have been clueless.

eg8r