PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Profits Off Of 'Pure Hatred'

Qtec
11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
watch it (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/lawrence-odonnell-rush-limbaugh_n_1071157.html)

Q

Gayle in MD
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> watch it (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/lawrence-odonnell-rush-limbaugh_n_1071157.html)

Q </div></div>

A racist to the core. He's truly repulsive.

G.

eg8r
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Rush Limbaugh profits off of record ratings.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
That's a side effect of profiting off of pure hatred, yes.

A big market in this hurting country for scapegoats, angry talk, and simplistic 'solutions.'

And, BEFORE there were record ratings nationally, his syndicator partners had come up with their low cost marketing plan, where the local stations got his 3 hours for NO MONEY AT ALL, except the syndicators got to keep (most or all?) the money from the advertising. Limbaugh had nothing to do with coming up with this idea, and was actually skeptical it would work, iirc.

cushioncrawler
11-03-2011, 04:37 PM
When theusofa enters depression, soon, will hiz ratings go up??
Will hiz fortune go up??
I think the answer iz yes to both.
mac.

eg8r
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a side effect of profiting off of pure hatred, yes.
</div></div>He doesn't profit off of pure hatred any more than gayle gets satisfaction posting her hatred on this board every day. More times he is spot on compared to when he is wrong. He might embellish to get points across but that is no different than anyone else. You guys just hate him because he states what he thinks and millions of Americans want to hear what he has to say. The big problem here is that what he has to say does not align with your views.

eg8r

eg8r
11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Possibly, but then we will hear from qtip about how he is stealing money from the poor instead of telling us how he is an excellent employee for his employer and he is being rewarding for such activity.

eg8r

LWW
11-04-2011, 03:06 AM
So ... a moonbat crazy leftist goes on MSNBC and makes racist comments.

Next ... Limbaugh points out that a moonbat crazy leftist went on MSNBC and made racist comments.

And from that you conclude that Limbaugh is the racist?

That is classic snoopy there folks.

Qtec
11-04-2011, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys just hate him because he states what he thinks and millions of Americans want to hear what he has to say. </div></div>

Bigoted Americans you mean. The large majority think he is a loose cannon who does more harm than good.

Q

eg8r
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bigoted Americans you mean.</div></div>Because you call them that?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a side effect of profiting off of pure hatred, yes.
</div></div>He doesn't profit off of pure hatred any more than gayle gets satisfaction posting her hatred on this board every day. More times he is spot on compared to when he is wrong. He might embellish to get points across but that is no different than anyone else. You guys just hate him because he states what he thinks and millions of Americans want to hear what he has to say. The big problem here is that what he has to say does not align with your views.

eg8r </div></div>

His CLAIMED audience in the 6 million range is the old figure, and it was the CUM figure for a week, not any kind of average quarter hour (AQH) listenership figure. Meaning approx. 294 million do NOT listen to him, and in fact, he is quite an unpopular figure with the populace at large, who do NOT want to hear him (easily could if they wanted to).

The vast majority of Americans do not want to listen to a man raving endlessly with only one point stated over and over again, even people who might agree with that one point. Nobody needs to hear it endlessly at the top of that man's sadly shattered voice-- it gets very old very fast.

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a side effect of profiting off of pure hatred, yes.

eg8r </div></div>

Gayle hates corruption, lies and greed. Repiglicans give us all a non stop example of all three, including you.

How many fertilized fetuses did you kill off this month, BTW????

eg8r
11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His CLAIMED audience in the 6 million range is the old figure, and it was the CUM figure for a week, not any kind of average quarter hour (AQH) listenership figure. Meaning approx. 294 million do NOT listen to him, and in fact, he is quite an unpopular figure with the populace at large, who do NOT want to hear him (easily could if they wanted to).
</div></div>So in an attempt to prove me wrong you post figures that prove I am correct? Millions of people want to hear what he has to say. When you compare his show to others, are they doing as well? If they are, why don't you think they are profiting the same?

Thanks for your opinion on the "vast majority" of Americans but frankly his bosses are paying him for his success in attracting listeners to his program. That is what he is profiting from. If you honestly think it is based on "hate" then you would be in total agreement that gayle's posts are equally hateful.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His CLAIMED audience in the 6 million range is the old figure, and it was the CUM figure for a week, not any kind of average quarter hour (AQH) listenership figure. Meaning approx. 294 million do NOT listen to him, and in fact, he is quite an unpopular figure with the populace at large, who do NOT want to hear him (easily could if they wanted to).
</div></div>So in an attempt to prove me wrong you post figures that prove I am correct? Millions of people want to hear what he has to say. When you compare his show to others, are they doing as well? If they are, why don't you think they are profiting the same?

Thanks for your opinion on the "vast majority" of Americans but frankly his bosses are paying him for his success in attracting listeners to his program. That is what he is profiting from. If you honestly think it is based on "hate" then you would be in total agreement that gayle's posts are equally hateful.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL, man, you are so transparent.

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 11:07 AM
You were right that 'millions' want to hear him. I was contextualizing that for you, in case you thought that was the only number involved, to mention that 50 to 100 times that number do not want to hear him-- not low single digit millions, but a couple hundred million.

Not my opinion, exclusively, but... (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4872622-503544.html) by polling, 19% approval rating????

Fact is, if you have a couple million fans, it doesn't matter much for your business model if 50 to 100 times that number are not your fans, you still have a decent income.

I doubt that, for instance, you'd take the many millions of dollars earned by movie ticket sales and book sales of a Michael Moore, to indicate his worthiness. You'd more likely (and properly) claim that he had a narrow band of support, which happens to earn him a lot of money.

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 11:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were right that 'millions' want to hear him. I was contextualizing that for you, in case you thought that was the only number involved, to mention that 50 to 100 times that number do not want to hear him-- not low single digit millions, but a couple hundred million.

Not my opinion, exclusively, but... (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4872622-503544.html) by polling, 19% approval rating????

Fact is, if you have a couple million fans, it doesn't matter much for your business model if 50 to 100 times that number are not your fans, you still have a decent income.

I doubt that, for instance, you'd take the many millions of dollars earned by movie ticket sales and book sales of a Michael Moore, to indicate his worthiness. You'd more likely (and properly) claim that he had a narrow band of support, which happens to earn him a lot of money. </div></div>

Great post, Sofla...

It's interesting that Michael Moore never uses the kind of angry rhetoric of hate, that Limbaugh, Coulter, O'Reilly are famous for using.

I can't actually think of any Liberal television, or radio favorites who do use the kind of racist, hate filled conversation that I hear coming from Limbaugh, and Coulter. There may be some, but I can't think of a single one.

Maybe the question isn't how many listen to Rush, but why they listen?

G.

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Well there IS Mike Malloy, who is shrill, divisive, angry and polarizing (albeit for compelling reasons, in my view).

Mike has his share of fans (not a big share, I didn't say that), but really cannot be mainstreamed to a mass audience.

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well there IS Mike Malloy, who is shrill, divisive, angry and polarizing (albeit for compelling reasons, in my view).

Mike has his share of fans (not a big share, I didn't say that), but really cannot be mainstreamed to a mass audience.

</div></div>
I'm not really familiar with him...but, It's not that hard to keep track of all of the Republican Lies...since they are out in front on all of the news shows, non stop. I do check out what the reps from both sides are saying, live, on C-Span, when there is something important going on. I do a lot of reading, works of serious respected authors, also, but I'm not really one to go for the Coulter Types...on either side of the Isle. I suppose, that's my point. I can't imagine tuning into a hate monger like Limbaugh, every day!

I'm surprised, I've never heard of Mr.Malloy, or culd be I have, and have forgotten about it, but thanks for the info.

G.

eg8r
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were right that 'millions' want to hear him. I was contextualizing that for you</div></div>Well, actually you were doing that for yourself. We are all well aware that not every single person in this country would be included when talking about the ratings for Limbaugh. I think it was just another example of you wanting to hear yourself (not really "hear").

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fact is, if you have a couple million fans, it doesn't matter much for your business model if 50 to 100 times that number are not your fans, you still have a decent income. </div></div>If someone doesn't listen to his show do you automatically count them as "disapprove"? Or do you think they are probably part of the stupid crowd listening to top 40 radio and singing along with Eminem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt that, for instance, you'd take the many millions of dollars earned by movie ticket sales and book sales of a Michael Moore, to indicate his worthiness. You'd more likely (and properly) claim that he had a narrow band of support, which happens to earn him a lot of money. </div></div>As far as Michael Moore is concerned, I think the "change" he has helped bring about in this country speaks for itself, pathetic when compared to Limbaugh.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
No, the fact that 97% to 99% of the population doesn't listen to him doesn't make them opposed to him. Just not his fans. Some might enjoy listening, but simply haven't the time or interest to seek him out.

I'm relying more on the approve/disapprove numbers, which uniformly over many poll results show him way upside down at 2-1, 3-1 or greater disapprove/approve ratios. What is still more surprising is that for all his alleged influence, significant percentages of people have no opinion of him at all, as if he didn't exist in their world. I find that odd, and I would suppose THOSE numbers would bother Rush himself more than his semi-supermajority disapproval numbers. He likely assumes many people don't get it, and don't like him, but to have NEVER HEARD OF HIM, or at least, never heard enough of him to have an opinion yea or nay? That would probably kill him.

I'd like to see Rasmussen lay on a 'strongly approve v strongly disapprove' metric as to Rush, and see if his gap isn't far greater than Obama's on that score.

eg8r
11-05-2011, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the fact that 97% to 99% of the population doesn't listen to him doesn't make them opposed to him. Just not his fans. </div></div>Actually that is not even close to true. What if a large portion of those individuals work a minimum wage job that does not allow them to sit at a desk during work listening to the radio while they click the keys? Does that mean they are not fans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm relying more on the approve/disapprove numbers, which uniformly over many poll results show him way upside down at 2-1, 3-1 or greater disapprove/approve ratios. </div></div>Were these the polls that were showing the entire world siding with the Dems even though the Reps were winning election after election? It wasn't until only two of the past 3 elections did the Dems do well, and that pesky third one went right back to the Reps. Your polls generally are as partisan as you claim them not to be. His ratings say it all.

Quick question I am sure you will pounce on...If 97% of Americans disagree/disapprove with Limbaugh why didn't Air America gain any traction?

eg8r

Qtec
11-06-2011, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, the fact that 97% to 99% of the population doesn't listen to him doesn't make them opposed to him. Just not his fans. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually<u> that is not even close to true.</u> <span style="color: #990000"> Prove it. Or is that just another stupid claim backed up by no evidence whatsoever.?</span>What if a large portion of those individuals work a minimum wage job that does not allow them to sit at a desk during work listening to the radio while they click the keys? Does that mean they are not fans? </div></div>

LMAO. I'm sure that all of those minimum wage workers are big fans of Limpballs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LIMBAUGH: The minimum wage has gotten so high that it's paying people that are not skilled to do anything. ... </div></div>

LOL I'm sure all McDonalds workers a big fans! LOL

You haven't got a clue.

Q

Qtec
11-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Rush shows contempt (http://www.workplacebullying.org/2011/02/19/limbaugh/)

Watch it.

Still think the masses are big fans?

Q

LWW
11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> watch it (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/lawrence-odonnell-rush-limbaugh_n_1071157.html)

Q </div></div>

A racist to the core. He's truly repulsive.

G. </div></div>

Based upon ... ?

LWW
11-06-2011, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rush shows contempt (http://www.workplacebullying.org/2011/02/19/limbaugh/)

Watch it.

Still think the masses are big fans?

Q </div></div>

Oh you poor poor thing ...

eg8r
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prove it. </div></div>I have no reason to prove a contradiction to something he has refused to prove himself. He took a wild stab in the air and there is no way that he can prove 97% of Americans disagree with Rush.

eg8r

eg8r
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't remember saying the "masses" were "big" fans. This is definitely a clue as to why you never seem to understand what anyone is talking about. You cannot comprehend what we are saying so you just add your own dialogue.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the fact that 97% to 99% of the population doesn't listen to him doesn't make them opposed to him. Just not his fans. </div></div>Actually that is not even close to true. What if a large portion of those individuals work a minimum wage job that does not allow them to sit at a desk during work listening to the radio while they click the keys? Does that mean they are not fans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm relying more on the approve/disapprove numbers, which uniformly over many poll results show him way upside down at 2-1, 3-1 or greater disapprove/approve ratios. </div></div>Were these the polls that were showing the entire world siding with the Dems even though the Reps were winning election after election? It wasn't until only two of the past 3 elections did the Dems do well, and that pesky third one went right back to the Reps. Your polls generally are as partisan as you claim them not to be. His ratings say it all.

Quick question I am sure you will pounce on...If 97% of Americans disagree/disapprove with Limbaugh why didn't Air America gain any traction?

eg8r </div></div>

Here you go. (http://www.businessinsider.com/rush-limbaugh-hannity-imus-radio-ratings-2011-5)

This isn't polling, it's the bible of ratings, Arbitron.

Sez there that Rush recently (May of this year) had declined 33% from late last year, to a 3 share. Meaning he had a 4.5 share late last year.

By 'share,' they mean the percentage of the universe of radio listeners AT THE TIME HIS SHOW IS BEING AIRED that he draws as listeners.

AMONG THOSE, who ARE listening to the radio at that time, he now (well, in May at least) gets 3%, meaning of those who COULD BE and ARE listening to the radio when he's on, 97% of those people are listening to something else.

Obviously, the number of those listening to the radio at any given time is far less than the total numbers of people in the country, meaning that Limbaugh is getting 3% of a minority of the country, i.e., far LESS than 3% of our total population.

As to Air America's failure, there were many causes. Among them were an uncertain business model, bad and revolving door management, and just as importantly, a kind of lock-out from listenably strong radio signals, since Clear Channel and Premiere Radio had a kind of blockade and semi-monopoly on most of the stronger radio channels. That meant that in obvious target cities for A-A like NYC, they had a weak and static-filled signal that was unlistenable in much of the city.

eg8r
11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AMONG THOSE, who ARE listening to the radio at that time, he now (well, in May at least) gets 3%, meaning of those who COULD BE and ARE listening to the radio when he's on, 97% of those people are listening to something else.
</div></div>But those numbers in no way state that people are not listening because they do not want to hear him which is the case you poorly have tried to make. At any one time there is always a multitude of things to listen to and many people while in agreement with much of what Rush has to say choose to listen to another person who has a less harsh way of saying it. A person choosing to listen to Lady Gaga is not necessarily stating they do not agree with what Rush has to say but merely they are saying they would prefer to be listening to garbage music.

Now if we were to take your logic and apply it to Air America you would find that there is literally 0.1% of people that wanted to hear lefty radio.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
But those numbers in no way state that people are not listening because they do not want to hear him which is the case you poorly have tried to make.

Geez, buy a clue, or better, read my posts earlier here. I never said that, and I said the opposite of that, to be clear.

By 'not a fan,' I do not mean, 'an opponent.' 'Not a fan' could be entirely neutral, or basically still agree with the man, but just not finding him sufficiently entertaining to listen to him.

For example, one of my brothers really likes Glenn Beck, his ideas and such, went to his DC rally and also somewhere else where he was, but was NOT a fan of his television show or his the presentation style he displayed there. He found the schtick that worked fairly well for the radio show was over the top on the television. So, he wasn't a fan of the television show, although a fan of GB's overall, and in agreement with almost all he said. But had Nielson been rating GB's show at my brother's house, bad ratings nonetheless.

eg8r
11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
You are right, you were only saying 50 to 100 times the number of people did not want to hear him. I said that was wrong and here we are saying the same things all over again.

eg8r

Qtec
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prove it. </div></div>I have no reason to prove a contradiction to something he has refused to prove himself. He took a wild stab in the air <span style="color: #990000"> As did you.</span>and there is no way that he can prove 97% of Americans disagree with Rush.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you saying you are just as wrong as he is??????? LOL

The only people who listen to the fat pill-slicking junkie blow-hard, are people who agree with his divisive hate rant speech that he does every day. Personally, 3 mins is my limit.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prove it. </div></div>I have no reason to prove a contradiction to something he has refused to prove himself. He took a wild stab in the air <span style="color: #990000"> As did you.</span>and there is no way that he can prove 97% of Americans disagree with Rush.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you saying you are just as wrong as he is??????? LOL

The only people who listen to the fat pill-slicking junkie blow-hard, are people who agree with his divisive hate rant speech that he does every day. Personally, 3 mins is my limit.

Q

</div></div>

Here's a good example of Limpball's filth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oxPBNGCnjA&feature=player_embedded

Qtec
11-07-2011, 07:32 PM
This is exactly what we have come to expect from Rush.

There is some new found footage of Rush when he was a kid.

It explains everything. LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

baby Rush..for some reason he wanted to be called Jonathan.??? Go figure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CMNry4PE93Y)

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is exactly what we have come to expect from Rush.

There is some new found footage of Rush when he was a kid.

It explains everything. LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

baby Rush..for some reason he wanted to be called Jonathan.??? Go figure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CMNry4PE93Y)

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

LOL... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif