PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Owes President Obama An Apology

Qtec
11-04-2011, 07:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This little gem was dropped last Friday during Michele Bachmann's interview with Wolf Blitzer. I understand that politics involves a war of words, but Bachmann went too far on this. Way too far.

Here's the snippet that made me want to reach through the screen and rip her face off </div></div>

This is too much. This proves you can say anything on RW TV and not be challenged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BACHMANN: Well, my main challenger right now is Barack Obama. That's who I'm focused on.

His economic policies are a disaster and his foreign policy is even worse. <span style='font-size: 17pt'> <u> Under Barack Obama's watch,</u> we have expended $805 billion to liberate the people of Iraq and, more importantly, 4,400 American lives.</span> </div></div>

link (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/michele-bachmann-owes-president-obama-apolo)

I still find it amazing that she is allowed to hold office when quite clearly she is more Batman than Bachmann.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This little gem was dropped last Friday during Michele Bachmann's interview with Wolf Blitzer. I understand that politics involves a war of words, but Bachmann went too far on this. Way too far.

Here's the snippet that made me want to reach through the screen and rip her face off </div></div>

This is too much. This proves you can say anything on RW TV and not be challenged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BACHMANN: Well, my main challenger right now is Barack Obama. That's who I'm focused on.

His economic policies are a disaster and his foreign policy is even worse. <span style='font-size: 17pt'> <u> Under Barack Obama's watch,</u> we have expended $805 billion to liberate the people of Iraq and, more importantly, 4,400 American lives.</span> </div></div>

link (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/michele-bachmann-owes-president-obama-apolo)

I still find it amazing that she is allowed to hold office when quite clearly she is more Batman than Bachmann.

Q </div></div>

She is truly repulsive. Trying to find a REpig who doesn't repulse you is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!

It wasn't like this decades ago. We had statesmen on both sides of the isle.

The Republican Party is a party of ignorant radicals, religious zealots, and gross liars.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
What's with all these self-proclaimed born agains bearing false witness all the time?

Part time Christians, or what?

I'm guessing the number of American dead in Iraq since 2009 is under 200. Might be wrong on that, but M. Bachmann seems to be attributing ALL the deaths of Americans there to Obama's 'watch,' despite, you know, the war's beginning in '03??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-04-2011, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with all these self-proclaimed born agains bearing false witness all the time?

I'm guessing the number of American dead in Iraq since 2009 is under 200. Might be wrong on that, but M. Bachmann seems to be attributing ALL the deaths of Americans there to Obama's 'watch,' despite, you know, the war's beginning in '03??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

</div></div>

Exactly! And the republicans in the house and senate, who have said NO to every single one of the president's bills and initiatives to build jobs, and get unemployment down, and recover from the Bush GLOBAL Recession, are blaming Obama for the entire global meltdown!

What those Repigs did yesterday was repulsive!!!

I have never liked Ben Nelson, OR Traitor Joe Leiberman.

The current Republican dream is to maintain unemployment,as high as possible, even increase it, in their states, and block any recovery, until the election.

They deserve to be thrown out! That's why I call them PIGS! That's what they are.

G.

Qtec
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with all these self-proclaimed born agains bearing false witness all the time?

</div></div>

IMO, if you are a part time Christian, then you are not a Christian at all. Their attitude is a classic case of the end justifies the means.

Greed is good.
Its ok to steal elections and use every dirty trick to stop people voting.
Pro-life but for the death penalty, etc etc etc and all the other contradictions.

Bachmann knows she is lying. She thinks we are all as stupid as she is. Its just infuriating that on US tv, politicians can say the most outrageous things and not get immediately called on it.

Q

Soflasnapper
11-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Bachmann knows she is lying. She thinks we are all as stupid as she is.

Which is it? I'm not sure.

Her sentences parse, giving the appearance of a functioning brain. But her statements are egregiously ill-founded, and sometimes in ways that do not even advance her causes.

Remember her slip on where Concord was? (She moved it to NH.) Her revisionist history on the Founders' 'ending' slavery?

I cannot think these were clever lies, or attempted clever lies. Too stupid. I think your second point is more correct, but without the intention.

nAz
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
[quote=Qtec] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This little gem was dropped last Friday during Michele Bachmann's interview with Wolf Blitzer. \
Q </div></div>

What is really bad is not what she said(we all know what a dumbass she is) but the fact that a supposedly "great interviewer" like Wolf didn't call her on it!

by the way which Batman the one from the 60s or the one from the last movie?

Gayle in MD
11-05-2011, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bachmann knows she is lying. She thinks we are all as stupid as she is.

Which is it? I'm not sure.

Her sentences parse, giving the appearance of a functioning brain. But her statements are egregiously ill-founded, and sometimes in ways that do not even advance her causes.

Remember her slip on where Concord was? (She moved it to NH.) Her revisionist history on the Founders' 'ending' slavery?

I cannot think these were clever lies, or attempted clever lies. Too stupid. I think your second point is more correct, but without the intention. </div></div>

Helen Thomas said, there is no Liberal Media anymore....

Even C-Span leans right in their programming, and call in shows.

If you spend any time looking at how they schedule their programming, and who they cut off mid sentence, on the call-in show, Washington Journal...and who is left to go on and on, it's pretty obvious.

You can see more Neo-cons on C-Span, than aywhere else.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Yet more spoon fed deceit, this time by punctuation.

A more accurate representation of the quote would be:

"Under Barack Obama's watch ... we have expended $805 billion to liberate the people of Iraq and, more importantly, 4,400 American lives ... President Obama just had his hat handed to him by the Iraqis, who have essentially kicked him out and our people out of Iraq while Iran is waiting in the wings."

But, when you gleefully are spoon fed "TRUTH" by self admitted "CROOKS & LIARS" this is what happens?

Soflasnapper
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM
"Under Barack Obama's watch ... we have expended $805 billion to liberate the people of Iraq and, more importantly, 4,400 American lives ..

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

???? Jeebus, no, that's not the case whatsoever.

At least, if 'under a watch' of somebody means when he/she was the president, which is the standard meaning.

These are not remotely correct numbers for the expenditure of monies, and the loss of American lives in Iraq during Obama's presidency.

They are perhaps the TOTAL expenditures and total loss of lives in Iraq, so apparently, M. Bachmann's claim is that Obama took the presidency in time for this war's beginning, in 2003???

And you agree???!?!?

Unusually dim, even for you. (For Bachmann, standardly dim!)

And if you'll recall, you were all over Obama when he suggested to the Iraqi government that a contingent of some multiple of 10,000 troops would overstay the drop-dead date for withdrawal SET BY GEORGE W. BUSH in binding status of forces negotiations with the sovereign government of Iraq. As a betrayal of his campaign pledge. I noted at the time that IF it happened, then MAYBE it would be a violation of the campaign pledge, but until it did, no pledge was violated. You fiercely disagreed and told me I was an idgit Obamatron or words to that effect.