PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Gold Crown 2000 Coin-Op

Louie
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Howdy out there in Pool Land,
Back here in NM, our American Legion has an 8-ft (that's bar-table speak for 44x88) Brunswick Gold Crown 2000 coin-op table. It has an onboard (simple) computer that controls how whitey is returned and locks out whitey after 15 object balls are caputured. Has microswitches/trip levers & circuit board to do this. Anyone know if the GC 2000 used a magnetic sensor/cue ball or the overly-complicated optical sensor for the cue ball?
Ours was bought mid-late 1980' and the cue ball return mechanism has bitten the dust. It's got an option for the 'grapefruit' cue ball (2-3/8) but that's not something we/or league likes to use.
The original cue ball was lost long ago.
Any info much appreciated.
Cheers,
Los Alamos Slim/Louie
PS: One can find a Johnny Kling hit on the Bruswick website, but nothing for Gold Crown 2000. What's up there? Seems it has been replaced by Brunswick-Valley Metro w/mag Cougar cue ball. I suspect GC 200 was mag also, but not sure.

Rich R.
11-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Why not just call Brunswick and see what they can tell you? They may even have the parts you need to fix it.

11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
If memory serves me right, this table uses the same technology as the Diamond Smart table i.e. an optical sensor.

That being the case, the optical sensor works with a normal cueball. Any normal cue ball.

Take a spare cue ball (non magnetic) and try it.

Eric

Fran Crimi
11-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Eric, do you perchance watch Iron Chef (If memory serves you right)?

(Sorry for the hijack)