PDA

View Full Version : Friend of Cain Victim... "She Came Home In Tears"

Gayle in MD
11-10-2011, 08:43 AM
(CNN) - A longtime friend of one of Herman Cain's unnamed accusers tells CNN that Cain dangled a job promotion in front of the accuser at the same time he "made her very uncomfortable" with sexual "innuendo and overtures."

This woman told CNN she spoke extensively with her friend about Cain's conduct in 1998 at the time the accuser was allegedly being harassed by Cain while they both worked at the National Restaurant Association.

Cain has vehemently denied committing sexual harassment while he headed the association.

The friend tells CNN the accuser would sometimes "come home in tears, and it would all come pouring out how upset she was."

The friend, who recounted her conversations with the accuser during a telephone interview with CNN on Tuesday, asked that her name not be used because the accuser has decided not to come forward publicly and revealing her name could help identity the accuser.

According to the friend, the accuser worked in government relations for the restaurant association at the time of the incidents. Her friend described it as "well-known" in 1998 that Cain behaved badly. This friend recalls that the accuser only got up the nerve to talk to superiors about Cain after someone else had.

"When one started complaining, it helped the others," this woman says. "There definitely was somebody else [who had experienced the same behavior], and it led her to speak up."

At one point, the friend recounts, "They [association members] went to a conference in Chicago and I remember her coming back and mentioning some things that he had said, along with the innuendo of job promotion." In the end, the friend adds, the woman did not get the promotion. "I think she was up for something and didn't get it," she said, adding that her friend worried it was because she had rebuffed Cain.

Eventually, the Cain accuser went to her bosses and explained what was going on, the friend said.

"She didn't want to leave her job," her friend recalls. "They gave her options. They offered her money. She didn't ask for money. It seems like the Restaurant Association was saying, 'Let's get control of this.' "

Ultimately, the friend said, the accuser accepted a settlement offer from the National Restaurant Association and left her job.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/08/friend-of-cain-accuser-recounts-allegations/

Soflasnapper
11-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Such a pattern means he did those things, or that there was a concerted effort to make it seem like he did those things, 14 or so years ago, when he was hardly yet any presidential candidate.

Although I've heard he did try to run for president in 2000.

Gayle in MD
11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Such a pattern means he did those things, or that there was a concerted effort to make it seem like he did those things, 14 or so years ago, when he was hardly yet any presidential candidate.

Although I've heard he did try to run for president in 2000.

</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I don't think there is any way in the world that a case could be made that these accusations were in any way orchestrated by any kind of plot to discredit him, do you?

There is too much proof out there, IMO. Like, for example, $85,000.00 in settlements from the NRA, which Cain has lied about and denied.

And too many corroborating testimonials around the accusations.

But, IMO, the most damning proof, is Cain's own reactions to these accusations.

He's guilty. I have no doubt about that at all.
I dare say there will be more coming forward, and they will be just as believable as the first lady, soon to be joined by several others.

Men like Cain don't change. I'd be willing to bet he's abused women in this way his whole life.
G.

eg8r
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
The "friend" really wasn't much of a friend at all. If she was a "friend" then she would have helped the accuser do something about what was happening.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "friend" really wasn't much of a friend at all. If she was a "friend" then she would have helped the accuser do something about what was happening.

eg8r </div></div>

How do you know she didn't? For all you know, she might have been the very person who persuaded Cain's victim to speak out.

You're always ready to criticize someone, right?

Particularly when you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

G.

eg8r
11-10-2011, 01:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For all you know, she might have been the very person who persuaded Cain's victim to speak out.
</div></div>I think the person that persuaded the "victim" to speak out was Axlerod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're always ready to criticize someone, right?
</div></div>Are you talking to yourself while looking in the mirror. Sorry hypocrite but that is exactly what you did in the thread about the "leg touching" and you were shot down quite quickly.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-10-2011, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For all you know, she might have been the very person who persuaded Cain's victim to speak out.
</div></div>I think the person that persuaded the "victim" to speak out was Axlerod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're always ready to criticize someone, right?
</div></div>Are you talking to yourself while looking in the mirror. Sorry hypocrite but that is exactly what you did in the thread about the "leg touching" and you were shot down quite quickly.

eg8r </div></div>

No, you were shot down for doing exactly what you're doing right now, spouting off criticisms when you prove you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The article above doesn't even indicate which victim it references. Allred only representes ONE of the victims. You probably don't even know how many have been referenced at this time, but you jump to an absurd conclusion, simply because it suits you wishes...like saying that Valarie Plame was just a secretary, for YEARS, when the whole world knows that's another Ed lie.

Same thing you did about the 'Miscarriage' issue in another thread, calling me a liar, when I had already given you the full story...with a link, numerous links, in fact, none of which you bothered to review, because you were either too lazy, or couldn't grasp what was written.

G.

eg8r
11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you were shot down for doing exactly what you're doing right now,</div></div>So you lying accusations and call them a "shoot down". Sorry granny but that dog don't hunt.

It doesn't matter which victim, they all were persuaded by Axlerod but your partisanship will never allow you to admit it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you were shot down for doing exactly what you're doing right now,</div></div>So you lying accusations and call them a "shoot down". Sorry granny but that dog don't hunt.

It doesn't matter which victim, they all were persuaded by Axlerod but your partisanship will never allow you to admit it.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you lying accusations and call them a "shoot down". </div></div>

Another of your many sentences which make no sense whatsoever.

Axerod??? BWA HA HA HA...I don't know of any Axerod.

eg8r
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Axerod??? BWA HA HA HA...I don't know of any Axerod.
</div></div>Where did I post the spelling that way? I might have spelled the name incorrectly but not the way you did. Now you look as stupid as you act. Keep it up granny.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Axerod??? BWA HA HA HA...I don't know of any Axerod.
</div></div>Where did I post the spelling that way? I might have spelled the name incorrectly but not the way you did. Now you look as stupid as you act. Keep it up granny.

eg8r </div></div>

I don't know any Axlerod, either, but I do know how to spell Axelrod...

If you are trying to suggest that former White House Press Sec. David Axelrod had anything to do with these revelations about Cain's history of sexually assaulting and harassing women, then you are more out of touch and absurd than even I could have guessed.

Herman Cain as the winner of the Repiglican primary would be a gift which the Democratic Party would dearly love and embrace...but then, all of the Repiglican contenders are potential gifts, even the consistant guys, like Romney, LMAO!

I suppose you are trying, best you can, to suggest that David Axelrod spent some time many years ago, setting up these accusations and settlements for Cain's victims.....

How ignorant can you be? Apparently there are no limits to your ignorance.

BTW, my granddaughter does not call me Granny, she calls me Grandmama, and it is music to my ears. I dearly love being a grandmother, so you'll have to try and come up with something more nasty than that to get my goat...Grandmotherhood has been a huge highlight in my life. An unexpected bonus! One that you can only hope to ever have, given the problems our young people are having procreating, due to the polluting Repiglican policies of deregulation on all fronts.

G.

LWW
11-11-2011, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose you are trying, best you can, to suggest that David Axelrod spent some time many years ago, setting up these accusations and settlements for Cain's victims.....

G.</div></div>

Of course he didn't.

This was all fabricated within the last few weeks.

How ignorant can you be? Apparently there are no limits to your ignorance.

Oh ... it's a shame y'alls heroes failed a lie detector and Cain passed it.

Qtec
11-11-2011, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was all fabricated within the last few weeks.
</div></div>

Except for the two times Cain was officially accused of sexual harassment and both women were paid off.

If the claims were 'baseless' as Herman claims, why were they both paid each a years salary to go away and never speak of it again?

Q

eg8r
11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know any Axlerod, either, but I do know how to spell Axelrod...
</div></div>LOL, you feel like an idiot don't you? You tried to catch me on an incorrect spelling and then went and even screwed that up. You were too stupid to copy/paste and allowed your bravado to get in the way and it made you look like a fool. What have I been telling you about shutting up and thinking first? Old dogs never learn new tricks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain as the winner of the Repiglican primary would be a gift which the Democratic Party would dearly love and embrace</div></div>How ignorant can you be? Herman Cain would take over a good portion of the black vote. Remember, Obama doesn't win that last election without the overwhelming black vote and if Cain runs against him you can bet Cain pulls back some of those voters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, my granddaughter does not call me Granny</div></div>Thank goodness I am not your granddaughter and I will call you granny all I want. I understand it will be equally pleasing to your ears.

eg8r

eg8r
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was all fabricated within the last few weeks.
</div></div>LOL, she lives with her head in the sand. Even with this one chance for her to actually use her brain and still fails.

eg8r

eg8r
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the claims were 'baseless' as Herman claims, why were they both paid each a years salary to go away and never speak of it again?
</div></div>There are millions of examples out there where a company rather pay for bad publicity to go away then to prove it is a scam. I don't know in these instances if that was true or not but if you are being honest you have to at least agree there are three sides to all these stories. The girl, Cain, and the truth.

eg8r

Qtec
11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The girl, Cain, and the truth.

eg8r </div></div>

Sure, but this time its 'The girl<u>s</u>, Cain, and the truth'.

Put it this way. If Herman was<u> on trial</u> for sexual assault and there were 4 witnesses against him, two of whom were paid money by the NRA to keep quite, what would be his chances of aquittal?

Q

eg8r
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, but this time its 'The girls, Cain, and the truth'.
</div></div>No, each one is a separate incident.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it this way. If Herman was on trial for sexual assault and there were 4 witnesses against him, two of whom were paid money by the NRA to keep quite, what would be his chances of aquittal?
</div></div>Just the same as if none were paid to be kept quiet.

eg8r

Qtec
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, each one is a separate incident.</div></div>

No kidding. That only makes it worse for Herman because what's amazing is, we have 4 separate women, unconnected to each other, ALL saying the same thing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it this way. If Herman was on trial for sexual assault and there were 4 witnesses against him, two of whom were paid money by the NRA to keep quiet, what would be his chances of aquittal?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just the same as if none were paid to be kept quiet.

eg8r </div></div>

You don't believe that. That's BS.

If it was a Dem you would be saying, "no smoke without fire."

Q

Gayle in MD
11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was all fabricated within the last few weeks.
</div></div>

Except for the two times Cain was officially accused of sexual harassment and both women were paid off.

If the claims were 'baseless' as Herman claims, why were they both paid each a years salary to go away and never speak of it again?

Q </div></div>

Nine people who don't know one another for the most part. Two professional men, who have signed affidavids under penalty of perjury.

Cains own sexist behavior, including contemptuous sexist, misogynistic statements about women, both those women involved, and not other women not even involved in this particular issue.

This is all very remenicent of Cheney's "Just a secretary" "His wife sent him on a jaunt" lies, all of which were proven to be lies, and the perpetrator found guilty in a court of law....and these ignorant righties on here are so automatic with their vicious personal attacks, against the victim, denying the truth, as usual, and against all those who can see the handwriting on the wall regarding this entire episode.

It speaks worlds about their RW programming, doesn't it? They will deny the reality of this, and the accumulated evidence, in the same way they denied all of the Bush lies and misplacement of blame for his disastrous legacy, and in the process, they will make up vicious lies about all those who prick their comfy little bubble of La La Land, lol, remember the big bubble with the Repiglican inside, on Maher's show a few weeks ago. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ignorant pawns of the Limpballs and Coulters of the world, and all of them with severe personality disorders.
The sick defending the sick.

G.

Qtec
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cain revealed that he told Rick Perry's campaign aide Curt Anderson about a sexual harassment claim against him while Anderson was working on Cain's failed 2004 Senate campaign. But Cain will not specify which sexual harassment incident he is referring to <span style='font-size: 14pt'>not to mention his accusation totally contradicts earlier claims that Cain was unaware of any harassment allegations.</span>

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011...s#ixzz1dPry6BJC (http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-04/politics/30358522_1_herman-cain-sexual-harassment-harassment-claims#ixzz1dPry6BJC)
</div></div>

Q

eg8r
11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two professional men, who have signed affidavids under penalty of perjury. </div></div>Does this automatically mean they are telling the truth? It didn't when Clinton perjured himself, why would you all of a sudden give these two men (certainly no equal to the President of the US) the benefit of the doubt? Don't bother answering dishonestly it is getting pitiful. The real reason is because these guys are going after a Rep which you are happy with. I wonder though, was it easy escaping from the mental hospital? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Interesting stuff here. From another linked article in your article I found this interesting also...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Republican primary voters the people who will actually decide Cain's electoral fate don't seem to care. According to the Des Moines Register, Iowa voters seem totally willing to give Cain the benefit of the doubt. In fact, the story has barely been mentioned on Iowa conservative talk radio or blogs this week.

This is not to say that Politico is running some kind of "smear campaign" Cain is running for president and sexual harassment allegations clearly warrant a story. But unless something much more serious comes to light, this probably won't be the death knell Washington reporters are making it out to be.
</div></div>This was written prior to the latest women to come forward but I believe it will still hold true. I don't think the voters are going to vote for someone else strictly for this.

LOL, as the rest of the article points out, the accusations against Cain just are not freaky enough. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Some polling shows Cain has been losing ground among likely supportive groups in the primaries:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The field of Republican candidates now has three candidates within striking distance of each other at the top of the list: with 18 percent, Herman Cain is in the top spot, followed by Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich with 15% each. Support for both Cain and Romney has declined since late last month, and Gingrich is the only one of the top three whose support is steadily - if slowly - on the upswing.

Gingrich: White House race is wide open
Complete coverage: Campaign 2012

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Cain has lost support among women since late October. Then, he led among women, garnering 28 percent of their support. Now, his support among women is just 15 percent. He has also lost ground with conservatives, from 30 percent to 23 percent now. And there has been some movement among Tea Party supporters as well; their support for Cain has declined from 32 percent to 19 percent.</span> Romney has lost support among men, while Gingrich's support among that group has increased eight points.

Six in 10 Republican primary voters say the charges of sexual harassment against Cain make no difference to their vote. Still, 30 percent say the charges make them less likely to support him.

Romney, Cain refuse to crow over Perry gaffe
Perry gaffe makes it Romney's race to lose
Video: Cain says he's been through "hell"

Of self-identified Tea Party supporters 71 percent say the allegations make no difference, as do 67 percent of conservatives. This poll was being conducted as new, and more specific, allegations arose against Cain.

Among women, 38 percent say they are less likely to support Cain because of the allegations against him. Fifty-seven percent say that will make no difference in their vote. Just 23 percent of men say they are less likely to vote for Cain because of the harassment allegations.

Voters, overall, are following the story. Most say they have heard something about the harassment allegations, including 59 percent of Republican primary voters who have heard a lot.

Among Republican voters who have heard or read a lot about it, a majority still says the allegations won't impact their vote.</div></div>

Story about the CBS polls results, link to poll (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57322894-503544/poll-cain-tops-3-way-race-with-romney-gingrich/)

eg8r
11-11-2011, 11:50 AM
The item of interest to take from this is that in these times the polls are up and down.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know any Axlerod, either, but I do know how to spell Axelrod...
</div></div>LOL, you feel like an idiot don't you? You tried to catch me on an incorrect spelling and then went and even screwed that up. You were too stupid to copy/paste and allowed your bravado to get in the way and it made you look like a fool. What have I been telling you about shutting up and thinking first? Old dogs never learn new tricks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain as the winner of the Repiglican primary would be a gift which the Democratic Party would dearly love and embrace</div></div>How ignorant can you be? Herman Cain would take over a good portion of the black vote. Remember, Obama doesn't win that last election without the overwhelming black vote and if Cain runs against him you can bet Cain pulls back some of those voters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, my granddaughter does not call me Granny</div></div>Thank goodness I am not your granddaughter and I will call you granny all I want. I understand it will be equally pleasing to your ears.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How ignorant can you be? Herman Cain would take over a good portion of the black vote. Remember, Obama doesn't win that last election without the overwhelming black vote and if Cain runs against him you can bet Cain pulls back some of those voters.

</div></div>
\
How ignorant can YOU be?

What do you think is the precentage of African Americans in this country?

What do you think is the precentage in Iowa?

Everyone but you, knows that Herman Cain didn't have a shot, even before this story broke.

He had already lost the nomination with his own offensive statements, and his ridiculous 9-9-9-, which has been attacked by economists across the board, right and left.

You don't read. It shows in every one of your posts. Additionally, you're too immature and mean by nature, to be able to engage in an adult conversation.

Like Joe Walsh, maybe you should eat something before you post on here.

G.

eg8r
11-11-2011, 01:26 PM
It is ok, play stupid. Then when you are continously proven wrong you don't have to care.

eg8r