PDA

View Full Version : this week's Cashin' In on Fox News

Qtec
11-13-2011, 02:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The inclusion of lonely liberal Sally Kohn on this week's Cashin' In on Fox News, almost made this segment watchable... almost. Kohn was ganged up on five to one by host Cheryl Casone and panel members Jim LaCamp, Jonathan Hoenig, Tracy Burnes and Wayne Rogers.

After they went down the line with all of them opining on how following Mayor Michael Bloomberg's advice and allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is just going to destroy the economy and harm the so-called "job creators", Kohn had a chance to speak and interject some common sense into the discussion.

When Kohn dared to point out that the tax cuts disproportionately benefited the wealthy and they did nothing to create jobs in America, you could almost smell the hair burning off of the other panelists heads. Wayne Rogers jumped all over her and said she needed to "get her facts straight" and then started spouting disingenuous talking points about how the richest in America were supposedly harmed by those tax cuts because <u>they're paying a higher percentage overall of income taxes collected in America.</u>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>As Kohn rightfully countered, that's because the rich are making obscene amounts of money and their income has gone up, but it doesn't mean they're paying a larger percentage of their income in taxes and in fact, the opposite is true and tax rates for the wealthy are at an all time low.</span> Naturally that led to the rest of them ranting and raving about how we shouldn't be picking on the wealthy in America and continuing to lie about whether lowering taxes does anything to create jobs.

I'm surprised they even let Kohn on this show because she's one of the better regulars on Fox that actually has the facts at hand and does a good job of pushing back at the lies they like to spread there. They made sure she didn't get too much time to talk though, which is the norm for this show. Gang up on the one token liberal and filibuster them and scream over them if they heaven forbid make any good points. </div></div>

watch it (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/sally-kohn-calls-out-wayne-rogers-talking-)

Q

Gayle in MD
11-13-2011, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The inclusion of lonely liberal Sally Kohn on this week's Cashin' In on Fox News, almost made this segment watchable... almost. Kohn was ganged up on five to one by host Cheryl Casone and panel members Jim LaCamp, Jonathan Hoenig, Tracy Burnes and Wayne Rogers.

After they went down the line with all of them opining on how following Mayor Michael Bloomberg's advice and allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is just going to destroy the economy and harm the so-called "job creators", Kohn had a chance to speak and interject some common sense into the discussion.

When Kohn dared to point out that the tax cuts disproportionately benefited the wealthy and they did nothing to create jobs in America, you could almost smell the hair burning off of the other panelists heads. Wayne Rogers jumped all over her and said she needed to "get her facts straight" and then started spouting disingenuous talking points about how the richest in America were supposedly harmed by those tax cuts because <u>they're paying a higher percentage overall of income taxes collected in America.</u>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>As Kohn rightfully countered, that's because the rich are making obscene amounts of money and their income has gone up, but it doesn't mean they're paying a larger percentage of their income in taxes and in fact, the opposite is true and tax rates for the wealthy are at an all time low.</span> Naturally that led to the rest of them ranting and raving about how we shouldn't be picking on the wealthy in America and continuing to lie about whether lowering taxes does anything to create jobs.

I'm surprised they even let Kohn on this show because she's one of the better regulars on Fox that actually has the facts at hand and does a good job of pushing back at the lies they like to spread there. They made sure she didn't get too much time to talk though, which is the norm for this show. Gang up on the one token liberal and filibuster them and scream over them if they heaven forbid make any good points. </div></div>

watch it (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/sally-kohn-calls-out-wayne-rogers-talking-)

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They made sure she didn't get too much time to talk though, which is the norm for this show. Gang up on the one token liberal and filibuster them and scream over them if they heaven forbid make any good points.

</div></div>

Exactly what they do, and exactly what all Republicans do...all of the time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

LWW
11-13-2011, 09:57 AM
So why are the rich richer under Obama than they were under Bush?

Soflasnapper
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Why wouldn't they be? Nothing has changed as to their tax situation, they have had no increase in taxes, so the 'rich get richer' dynamic remains in effect.

It's ALWAYS in effect, and occurred during the Clinton era as well. Somehow this has escaped your attention?

eg8r
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's ALWAYS in effect, and occurred during the Clinton era as well. Somehow this has escaped your attention? </div></div>Well this is strange, apparently it escaped gayle and qtip's attention also. This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else.

eg8r

Qtec
11-14-2011, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else.

eg8r </div></div>

That's because under Clinton, people had jobs and the forecast was rosy.
During the Bush years, it was the regime trying to start a war on false pretensions [ A specious allegation; a pretext.] that was the main concern. Of course the gap has been slowly widening for the last 30 years but, if you look at the graphs, the inequality has gone though the roof under Bush. Obama wants to lessen the gap through taxation, the GOP won't let him.

The foreclosure crisis, the still too big to fail banks ripping off their customers and the GOP still insisting that the 99% pay for it through cut backs on Govt spending, has focused the discontent on Wall St.

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just imagine a mugger who steals $70 from some lady’s wallet being sentenced to walk free after paying back twelve bucks. Magritte himself could not devise a more surreal take on criminal justice.</div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-15-2011, 12:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else.

eg8r </div></div>

That's because under Clinton, people had jobs and the forecast was rosy.
During the Bush years, it was the regime trying to start a war on false pretensions [ A specious allegation; a pretext.] that was the main concern. Of course the gap has been slowly widening for the last 30 years but, if you look at the graphs, the inequality has gone though the roof under Bush. Obama wants to lessen the gap through taxation, the GOP won't let him.

The foreclosure crisis, the still too big to fail banks ripping off their customers and the GOP still insisting that the 99% pay for it through cut backs on Govt spending, has focused the discontent on Wall St.

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just imagine a mugger who steals $70 from some lady’s wallet being sentenced to walk free after paying back twelve bucks. Magritte himself could not devise a more surreal take on criminal justice.</div></div> </div></div>

Exactly! Well stated.

G.

LWW
11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's ALWAYS in effect, and occurred during the Clinton era as well. Somehow this has escaped your attention? </div></div>Well this is strange, apparently it escaped gayle and qtip's attention also. This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else.

eg8r </div></div>

Exactly.

The rich getting richer has nothing to do with tax policy ... and everything to do with doing the things which create wealth.

The same applies to middle class who became richer ... they were doing the things which create wealth, as did the poor who got richer.

The rich who got poorer did the things which cause poverty ... drug and alcohol addiction and careless use of capital.

eg8r
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Lefties don't want to hear about that. They want to tell us that they keep getting richer by cheating taxes but they forget to state that it is done legally so it is not really a cheat at all.

eg8r

eg8r
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's because under Clinton, people had jobs and the forecast was rosy.
</div></div>You will do anything to try and cover your butt. Basically sofla proved your partisanship and you don't like it.

eg8r

Qtec
11-16-2011, 02:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else.
</div></div>

The Nat Debt never bothered the GOP before Obama took office.

The GOP contenders lie al the time. That has been proven. This has nothing to do with Obama.
Q

Qtec
11-16-2011, 03:07 AM
You asked a Q and I gave you an explanation. That's all.

Obama had no idea when he was campaigning that when he would take office,the country would be of the verge of economic collapse! <u>Losing 800,000 jobs a month I might add!</u>

I'm quite sure he would have used the money that bailed out the banks to do the things he wanted to do.

Q...

eg8r
11-16-2011, 09:19 AM
So in your embarrassment for making this such a big issue now and finding out you ignored it back then you would like to change the subject? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What sofla said is what I have been saying all along, the rich do the things that made them rich and the poor continue to do the things that made them poor. It was happening under Clinton but you did not dare speak out against him. As for W, speaking for myself, the national debt did bother me and on many occasions I compared W to the lefties due to his ridiculous spending problem.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You asked a Q and I gave you an explanation. That's all.
</div></div>I did not ask any question. I pointed out the hypocrisy of the left. I made a statement..."This "rich getting richer" things never bothered them under Clinton or anyone else." and you tried to cover your rear because you partisanship was out in full bloom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama had no idea when he was campaigning that when he would take office,the country would be of the verge of economic collapse! </div></div>Now you are calling yourself and gayle, liars. You both said this country was already in a recession bordering depression.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm quite sure he would have used the money that bailed out the banks to do the things he wanted to do.
</div></div>Hindsight is always 20/20 and you only wished that is what he would do but you forget that Wall St and the banks helped buy his election and he repaid that favor.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your embarrassment for making this such a big issue now and finding out you ignored it back then you would like to change the subject? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What sofla said is what I have been saying all along, the rich do the things that made them rich and the poor continue to do the things that made them poor. It was happening under Clinton but you did not dare speak out against him. As for W, speaking for myself, the national debt did bother me and on many occasions I compared W to the lefties due to his ridiculous spending problem.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> That isn't at all what Sofla said.

Learn to read without adding whatever you think will justify your stupidity.

The tax structure favors the wealthy. Everybody knows that. AND the Repiglicans always deny their own screwups, and blame them on the other party.

Listen to Gingrich, Cain, Romney, Bachmann, Boehner, McConnell, all of the hypocrites...just like you, they deny their own hypocrisy.

Repiglicans spent and borrowed us into a debt ditch, spent and borrowed more than all previous administrations combined, ignored years of warnings, of the coming crash, increased with their deregulatory policies, and unjustifiably low interest rates, part of the Bush "ownership Society" policy, the liklihood of a Real Estate Bubble and an economic crash, and then immediately blamed all of it on the President, and the Democratic majority, who inherited the mess, although the crash happened only a year and months after Dems took power, and just three months after the President was sworn into office.

They followed all of that by blocking the spending which could have created a faster recovery, and greater job recovery, and blocking the implementation of tighter regulations on the very corrupt thieves in the financial industry, who were most responsible for the financial fraud which caused a global economic meltdon.

Repiglicans are STILL obstructing progress by refusing to raise taxes, on those wealthiest Americans, many of whom were involved in the financial corruption in the first place, and continuing a skewed tax policy, which created the very same Depression Era chasm, between the wealthy top, and the true job creators, and consumers, who drive the economy...in the Middle.

Economists from the right, and the left, have condemned the Republican policies, and Grove Norguist.

If there is anyone here whose spewed Bull**** has proven wrong, over and over again, and has proven been off the mark on this site for over a decade, it's YOU.

G. </span>

eg8r
11-17-2011, 06:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't at all what Sofla said.
</div></div>If you think you can disprove what I said then have at it. Due to your lack of comprehension I think I should just state it here again so you don't get confused with all the words...The rich continue to do the things that make them rich. If you disagree explain why? Other than that shut up. You did not care about the rich getting rich under Clinton and you never mentioned it as a problem. Now this is such a big problem with you but your position is hypocritical and you know it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't at all what Sofla said.
</div></div>If you think you can disprove what I said then have at it. Due to your lack of comprehension I think I should just state it here again so you don't get confused with all the words...The rich continue to do the things that make them rich. If you disagree explain why? Other than that shut up. You did not care about the rich getting rich under Clinton and you never mentioned it as a problem. Now this is such a big problem with you but your position is hypocritical and you know it.

eg8r </div></div>

You're the hypocrite.

Here is what Sofla actually said:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why wouldn't they be? Nothing has changed as to their tax situation, they have had no increase in taxes, so the 'rich get richer' dynamic remains in effect.

It's ALWAYS in effect, and occurred during the Clinton era as well. Somehow this has escaped your attention? </div></div>

Here is how you have lied about what Sofla said:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What sofla said is what I have been saying all along, the rich do the things that made them rich and the poor continue to do the things that made them poor.

</div></div>

And you are obviously W-R-O-N-G...Sofla did NOT say that, at all. You have twisted what hw wrote to suit your cockeyed bull**** opinion, and added another entirely different statement.

Clinton's policies did not hurt the Middle Class, or the poor. Clinton's policies CREATED JOBS, Bush's policies LOST JOBS.

There also was not a huge increase in the chasm between what the top one percent own of our wealth, compared to the rest, to the degree which we saw that phenomenon play out under BUSH.

Apparently, as many here have noticed, you can't read, and additionally, you're nasty and need to GROW UP!

G.

eg8r
11-17-2011, 08:06 PM
LOL, keep dreaming gayle.

eg8r