PDA

View Full Version : Democrats hate poor people!

eg8r
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Absolutely hilarious because it's absolutely TRUE! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf (http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf)

eg8r

Qtec
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Also true is...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>The concept of the individual mandate actually originated at the conservative Heritage Foundation, but Gingrich was an early and strong supporter. <u>“I am for people, individuals — exactly like automobile insurance — individuals having health insurance and being required to have health insurance,</u></span>” Gingrich said on Meet the Press in 1993. He supported it as recently as 2007, writing in a Des Moines Register op-ed, “Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance.”</span>

Romney himself pointed this out in a debate, saying, “Actually Newt, we got the idea of the individual mandate from you…and the Heritage Foundation.” And of course, as has been repeatedly noted, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the groundbreaking universal health care program Romney implemented as governor of Massachusetts was very similar to President Obama’s Affordable Care Act and employed the individual mandate. Romney actively lobbied for the mandate
to be included in his reform. </span> </div></div>

Q

eg8r
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Yep, and those statements do not help their effort at all.

eg8r

LWW
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, and those statements do not help their effort at all.

eg8r </div></div>

I don't think they were intended to help.

eg8r
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Well most people don't make statements intending to hurt themselves, so I disagree. When they were made they were intended to help, however at this point in time they will not do so.

eg8r