PDA

View Full Version : Does Herman Cain Knows Where Libya Is ?

Qtec
11-16-2011, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain‘s uncomfortable Libya gaffe is certainly not doing much to elevate Charles Krauthammer‘s confidence in him. Krauthammer, who had already told host Bret Baier previously that he had a feeling Cain was “winging it,” repeated his suspicions tonight, adding that he didn’t understand “what there was that required almost a minute of thought gathering” in the question that stumped him.

RELATED: Charles Krauthammer On Herman Cain’s Incoherent Abortion Stance: ‘He’s Winging It’

“That’s not a gotcha question,” Krauthammer told Baier about the question Cain couldn’t answer without much thought: whether he agreed with the way President Obama handled the Libya situation. Noting that he was “surprised” Cain was still a frontrunner after this, it made it all the more apparent that “he is over his head– he’s winging it.” It didn’t help after Saturday’s debate, he continued, calling that a “dismal performance.”

RELATED: Charles Krauthammer Sternly Advises Herman Cain To Stop Accusing People Of Setting Him Up

Turning, then, back to the Libya question, Krauthammer marveled at the simplicity of the question compared to the response. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“What exactly was it about Libya that he had to gather his thoughts on?” he asked. <u>“It looked as if he either didn’t know where it was, or what country it was, or perhaps how the war turned out, or what Obama’s policy was– I’m not sure what there was that required almost a minute of thought gathering.</u>”</span>

The segment via Fox News below: </div></div>

link (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-krauthammer-questions-whether-herman-cain-knows-where-libya-is/)

LOL. Herman couldn't find Libya on a map if his life depended on it.

Q...Cain...like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Qtec
11-16-2011, 05:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Now with the president, <u>he put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa.</u> We already were stretched too thin, and he put our special operations forces in Africa," </div></div>

LMAO

Q

Qtec
11-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Reporter:

"What do you think of Libya?"

Cain:

"I have never met her and If she says I touched her inappropriately , she's a liar. PERIOD!"

LOL

Q

Gayle in MD
11-16-2011, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Now with the president, <u>he put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa.</u> We already were stretched too thin, and he put our special operations forces in Africa," </div></div>

LMAO

Q </div></div>

Cain is gone. His is nothing but a book tour, anyway, as much could be said about Newt, president of the Gingmart, faux endless presidential campaigning scam, where one can order everything from Newt coffee cups, to Newt shirts and phamphlets, all at a charge, of course.

Both Gingrich and Romney have done so many flip flips, their brands are going to be dogfood when they have to stand up against any actual debates on the real issues. The only one on the Republican stage with any actual intellectual prowess is at the bottom in their stupid people polling data.

Perry is gone as well. Even The Stupid Party, can't expect either Perry or Cain, to get the votes of educated people, but educated people are not their supporters, as is evident daily on this forum.

The only two who actually do have any intelliggence, have to dumb it down to get the RW Tea Party types to support them, ah, actually, that would describe just about the entire Repiglican voter base these days.

Here's a link for you...good op-ed on the Stupid Party:

Excerpt:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a populist moment in America, and the GOP has traditionally been the party of elites. So how does a party sell economic elitism to a populist electorate? By wrapping it in populist anti-intellectualism. Let’s teach those Harvard pointy-heads a lesson: cut taxes for billionaires! I know it doesn’t track logically, but this isn’t about logic. It’s about emotion and scapegoating and finger-pointing.

And so even the smart Republicans—and I do believe most of the candidates in the GOP presidential field are intelligent—have to at least play dumb. Mitt Romney, for example, has to pretend he doesn’t know what’s causing global warming. A few weeks ago he told an audience in Pittsburgh, “My view is that we don’t know what’s causing climate change on this planet.” Hard to believe, because as recently as June of this year he said, “I believe, based on what I read, that the world is getting warmer. And No. 2, I believe that humans contribute to that.” Romney’s new-and-not-improved position is a shameless pander to the know-nothings.

Same with evolution, where Republicans know they can earn applause by denouncing science. Apparently to run in today’s GOP you must believe, in the words of comedian Lewis Black, that “The Flintstones is a documentary.”

</div></div>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/20...upid-party.html (http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/11/13/rick-perry-shows-gop-dumbing-itself-down-to-be-our-stupid-party.html)

sack316
11-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I haven't watched much of anything with any of it... not because I'm not interested, but because I can hardly stomach it. No GOP candidate has particularly impressed me to be perfectly honest.

But this Cain gaffe... that was just a "wow" moment. I'm convinced he's clueless to much of anything on foreign policy... but even IF I was to give the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it was a "brain fart"... ya gotta at least be able to fake it 'til ya make it in interviews or debates! Instead of long awkward silence, he shoulda just said "Yes I think he handled it well" or said he disagreed and then tried to steer the conversation to a more comfortable direction for himself and kept everything very generic. Show's his lack of political experience I suppose /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't watched much of anything with any of it... not because I'm not interested, but because I can hardly stomach it. No GOP candidate has particularly impressed me to be perfectly honest.

But this Cain gaffe... that was just a "wow" moment. I'm convinced he's clueless to much of anything on foreign policy... but even IF I was to give the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it was a "brain fart"... ya gotta at least be able to fake it 'til ya make it in interviews or debates! Instead of long awkward silence, he shoulda just said "Yes I think he handled it well" or said he disagreed and then tried to steer the conversation to a more comfortable direction for himself and kept everything very generic. Show's his lack of political experience I suppose /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

I think there is a great deal of disatisfaction over all of these candidates, even from the more serious journalists from the right,.... their critiques of the pickings, are not very encouraging for 20012.....

Here's something from Kathleen Parker...and I have read the same sort of criticisms from others, from the right, as well.

Excerpts:

WASHINGTON —
As the GOP candidates have been thrashing it out in debates that seem to occur every couple of hours or so, one almost misses the iconic wink that enraged or beguiled the nation a political season ago.

Admit it. You miss Sarah Palin just a little: The wink, the red shoes, the pointing finger, the heck-with-ya attitude, and, given the performance of some of her Republican colleagues, her Taser-like intelligence.

Yes, it has come to this.

For minutes that seemed hours, Cain seemed to be shuffling through file drawers of bullet points in his brain and was coming up empty. He said he did not “agree with the way he handled it for the following reason.”
“Um, nope, that’s a different one,” he said, batting away an errant thought with his hand.

It got worse: “I gotta go back, see, got all this stuff twirling around in my head.”
No doubt. With the sexual harassment charges dogging his campaign — and the exhausting pace of debates, book touring and speeches — Cain is surely worn out. On the one hand, we sympathize. We all have brain freezes.

And though Americans admire the self-made who have experienced ordinary life, most don’t want an ordinary person to lead the country.

A funny line is worth a laugh, a song may buy you lunch, but in the end, there’s no winking one’s way to the White House.Read more: http://www.heraldnews.com/opinions/colum...f#ixzz1dsdFM8kS (http://www.heraldnews.com/opinions/columnists/x1401563403/KATHLEEN-PARKER-GOP-candidates-winkin-blinkin-and-noddin-off#ixzz1dsdFM8kS)

sack316
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think there is a great deal of disatisfaction over all of these candidates, even from the more serious journalists from the right,.... their critiques of the pickings, are not very encouraging for 20012.....

Here's something from Kathleen Parker...and I have read the same sort of criticisms from others, from the right, as well.
</div></div>

Count me in that group as well.

As of right now I'd either not vote or possibly even vote for Obama! (Shocker, I know!) But with these guys right now, I just have no idea what I'd be getting with them. It's been all pandering and saying what they think will be the popular answer at the time. So I just can't support that. Even though I am rarely in agreement with many of this admin's ideas, at least I know what to expect from it.

Another shocker... I wish Hillary would oppose... she'd absolutely be my vote right now.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

As of right now I'd either not vote or possibly even vote for Obama! (Shocker, I know!) But with these guys right now, I just have no idea what I'd be getting with them. It's been all pandering and saying what they think will be the popular answer at the time. So I just can't support that. Even though I am rarely in agreement with many of this admin's ideas, at least I know what to expect from it.

Another shocker... I wish Hillary would oppose... she'd absolutely be my vote right now.

Sack </div></div>

I feel the same way about Colin Powell, who, just like Hillary, isn't interested in the job. It is quite a dismal situation for our country when the able minded candidates avoid the BS of the job and "just say no." That only leaves the dummys to choose from. At present, we have the best in Obama, except that the political stonewall from the GOP is gonna kill any progress. There's and old saying, "Cut off your nose to spite your face." Well, everyone who supports what the GOP is doing against EVERYTHING Obama's administration has succeeded in, or promotes, are in this nose-cutting class. Most of you useless hard rights are just like me in daily life, middle-lower middle class, and your GOP's stagnation at all cost to this county, will directly crap in your salad too. I just don't get you people at all.

Someone like Powell(Rep or Dem ticket) could quickly get my interest. Hillary would be automatic. The rest are bozos, and I wish we could vote in some new faces in Congress as well, Dems not excluded. We have quite the circus of clowns to give the world to laugh at. sid

sack316
11-16-2011, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I feel the same way about Colin Powell, who, just like Hillary, isn't interested in the job. It is quite a dismal situation for our country when the able minded candidates avoid the BS of the job and "just say no." That only leaves the dummys to choose from. At present, we have the best in Obama, except that the political stonewall from the GOP is gonna kill any progress. There's and old saying, "Cut off your nose to spite your face." Well, everyone who supports what the GOP is doing against EVERYTHING Obama's administration has succeeded in, or promotes, are in this nose-cutting class. Most of you useless hard rights are just like me in daily life, middle-lower middle class, and your GOP's stagnation at all cost to this county, will directly crap in your salad too. I just don't get you people at all.

Someone like Powell(Rep or Dem ticket) could quickly get my interest. Hillary would be automatic. The rest are bozos, and I wish we could vote in some new faces in Congress as well, Dems not excluded. We have quite the circus of clowns to give the world to laugh at. sid </div></div>

Right there with you 100% Sid, good post! I'd be behind Powell on either ticket as well, with Hillary on about the same level now really, I've been very impressed with the job she has done.

But as you said, the capable people are not interested.

Also with you on a nice overhaul of congress as well (on both sides)

Sack

Soflasnapper
11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I feel the same way about Colin Powell, who, just like Hillary, isn't interested in the job.

I agree with your post in general, but must point out that she DID try to get the job, apparently WAS interested, back in the '08 election cycle. It's just that now, to try to get it again, she'd have to oppose a sitting Democratic party president, divide the party, and rekindle the previous false but powerful claims of racism, to do it. Plus, set the table for a defeat-- there is rarely a powerful primary challenge to a president out of his own party when he doesn't then lose the general election.

Given the wrecking crew on the other side, the top priority for any Democrat surely must be making sure they do not gain the powers of the presidency after next year, and a Hillary run right now would guarantee that horrible result, when it otherwise seems increasingly unlikely.

Gayle in MD
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Tap, Tap, Tap! You have my utmost admiration. A real American and a reasonable person.

Good for you Sack. You're a genuine guy. I knew that already. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle

Gayle in MD
11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Someone like Powell(Rep or Dem ticket) could quickly get my interest. Hillary would be automatic. The rest are bozos, and I wish we could vote in some new faces in Congress as well, Dems not excluded. We have quite the circus of clowns to give the world to laugh at. sid </div></div>

There are enough seats up for the Democratics to take over the House.

You can bet this much, if Repiglicans maintain, we can kiss the environment goodbye, including our water, and the disastrous results of the warming planet.

It's time to get the Democratics back into the majority...on both sides of the House. That is our only hope.

G.