PDA

View Full Version : Newt, the philosopher (killer) clown

Soflasnapper
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
A whole page of Newtisms (http://rackjite.com/web/newt_gingrich.htm) from a guy named RackJite. RackJite used to have a lot of production back in the day, but I haven't heard of him in recent times. The closest anymore to his style is Rude Pundit (not family or work safe, because of language). Anyway, the last time RackJite was around that I remember, it was the peak of the previous Newt boom time, and here are some flashback memories from those days.

Some exemplars of the Newt oeuvre:

“I have enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet. And I’m doing it. I am now a famous person. I represent real power.” Newt Gingrich

“Gingrich - Primary mission, Advocate of civilization, Definer of civilization, Teacher of the rules of civilization, Leader of the civilizing forces.” Newt Gingrich on Newt Gingrich.

[Geeze, grandiose and arrogant delusions of grandeur, much?]

Worse, here's what his plan really is:

“Gingrich explained that to do what he wanted, government first had to be completely discredited – ethically, programmatically, managerially, philosophically. While that process was under way, it was better not to have control of the presidency. Once Washington-based government was totally discredited, hard-right conservatives could then sweep to power which would only take four years.” Richard Darman, budget guru for both Reagan and Bush.

If that's true, then what ELSE Newt said about himself is clearly true:

“The most serious, systematic revolutionary of modern times.” Newt Gingrich on Newt Gingrich.

I always felt that when the right put the history of the 30 year old Cloward/Pivin argument forward, they were talking about their own plans. Makes sense, as the neo-cons who lead the intellectual side of the party (such as it is, I know!) are all former hard leftists, who've adopted old hard left tactics, including the fact that Dick Armey's Koch brothers'-funded Freedom Works deliberately uses Alinsky's writings to teach tactics to their shock troops.

cushioncrawler
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Some peeple like Brevik aktually beleev rightwing propaganda.
mac.

cushioncrawler
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Brevik iz aktually bekumming a poster-boy for the right-wing -- seriously -- a plus for the next elections -- seriously.
Koodnt never happen in the good'ol usofa, kood it.
mac.

Qtec
11-17-2011, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> “Gingrich explained that to do what he wanted, government <u>first had to be completely discredited</u> – ethically, programmatically, managerially, philosophically. While that process was under way, it was better not to have control of the presidency. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Once Washington-based government was totally discredited, hard-right conservatives could then sweep to power which would only take four years.</span>” Richard Darman, budget guru for both Reagan and Bush.</div></div>

That is exactly what has been going on ever since Obama took office.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Gingrich's smutty behavior, lies, and money mongering for personal gain, accusing Democratics of what he himself is famous for, makes anything and everything he spews ridiculously absurd.

A lying crook, with no honor, by any standard.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-19-2011, 07:43 PM
True. Surprisingly, however, while evil, not completely stupid, so on occasion he says correct things, as when he supported the private mandate, a need to address global climate change, the flawed nature of the Paul Ryan Medicare voucher program, and etc.

Luckily, his hubris and lack of discipline are self-immolating traits. They were a principle reason for Clinton's political survival.