PDA

View Full Version : Millitary Cuts

Sid_Vicious
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Just why would cuts in defense be so bad? We already are FAR superior in military power in the world. I'm sure that there's nobody out there ready to think about rushing our shores to invade. Seriously, we may be overdue for cutting defense spending. If it's a jobs loss issue, then just maybe there's way too mych "fat" in the defense industry already, and it's time to get the cubical internet surfers in the unemployment line, just like the rest of those struggling to make their mortgage payments.

Main point here though is what would we really miss from cutting such a huge money drag as the military continues to do? I don't get the immediate knee jerk from the idea of cutting military spending. It's overdue. We won, we are the biggest dick in the armed world already...over kill level in reality. sid

Soflasnapper
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree with you. However, there are issues with cutting defense spending regardless.

One is that, as the MIC has sold the Congress on the latest gee-whiz advancements in say, fighter planes, as we turn to F-35s from F-22s from F-18s, our former front-line fighter planes' manufacturers sought and received permission to sell THOSE as out-moded to countries all around the world. So we've created a bit of parity to our own forces, by selling our own (previous front-line) forces, and although supposedly our newest are far more capable, they are so expensive, and break down so badly, that they might very well be overwhelmed by numbers from what are still quite capable US AF fighter jets in foreign countries' hands.

Perhaps WORSE, what ARE our current state of the art electronics and avionics, etc., are routinely provided to Israel, who routinely back engineers these technologies and sells them to China. (Congress has heard this evidence in many hearings, although it remains a sensitive topic, obviously.)

Lastly, some sizable fraction of the components in our top technologies are pirated and fraudulent Chinese components, which will not work when needed, as they are not the hardened military grade they are supposed to be. To be sure, we would have to tear apart these gold-plated platforms, a titanic expense.

See here. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8876656/US-weapons-full-of-fake-Chinese-parts.html) 1 million fake parts???

cushioncrawler
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Fake parts for fake weapons for fake wars for fake countrys.
mac.

Soflasnapper
11-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Excellent points there! Shadow boxing.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2011, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fake parts for fake weapons for fake wars for fake countrys.
mac. </div></div>

I've always thought if we ever get blown to smitherines, over here, it will be with WMD's that we ourselves created.

I'd like to know the number of Americans who have alread been slaughtered by our own MIC "Free" training and weaponry!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
11-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I think the top of the full list starts with allmost 1,000,000 per year for hospital and medical "accidents". This kums to over one 9/11 per day.

Somewhere in there iz 30,000 per year for car related. Thats over one 9/11 per month.

I think Al Qaeda got wize -- they own hospitals and car rentals -- plus some Tobacco Inc.

Did i mention a fake news channel, and a fake politykal party.
mac.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif