PDA

View Full Version : MARCH MADNESS IN NOVEMBER!

LWW
11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Anyone want to walk out on a limb with me?

My SWEET 16 picks are:

NUMBER 1 SEEDS:
KENTUCKY
NORTH CAROLINA
OHIO STATE
LOUISVILLE

NUMBER 2 SEEDS
Duke
Syracuse
Florida
Texas

NUMBER 3 SEEDS
Gonzaga
Pittsburgh
UConn
Kansas

NUMBER 4 SEEDS
Arizona
Wisconsin
Vanderbilt
Alabama

My fall from grace team is West Virginia. Coach Huggybear will have a hard time finishing better than 9.9 in the Big East with Casey Mitchell, John Flowers, Joe Mazzulla and Cam Thoroughman all gone. That may still get them a low seed in the tourney however.

My surprise pick to make the big dance Dayton with the addition of Percy Gibson solving their in the paint issues.

sack316
11-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll try to do more detail later when I have time, but did want to chime in with a few bracket buster teams on my mind:

One is Oakland (not from Cali)... they've been to the big dance before and are a legit up and coming mid major, so not sure if it qualifies as "shocker", but they are on my watch list.

Middle Tenn State has a few quality JUCO transfers... and the Sun Belt consistently provides bracket busters.

Long Beach State already beat a legit top ten team on the road... 'nuff said.

Iona... few solid players returning and picked up a transfer from Arizona on a hardship waiver. Could be a spoiler team out of the MAAC

Drexel. The CAA has given us final 4 shockers in George Mason and VCU... I think Drexel is the next overachiever in that conference.

Sack

eg8r
11-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't follow it enough. I root for Duke every yearexcept when they play UF. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
11-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the posts.

I', hoping we can get some threads going of a non political nature that aren't trolled.