PDA

View Full Version : R. Souquet may win it !!!

Doomsday Machine
09-24-2002, 09:06 PM
In looking at the brackets I think Ralf Souquet has a great chance to go far in the U.S. Open. Coming off his victory in Nashville where he beat E. Montal 7-6, 6-1, Jimmy Reid 6-0, 6-1, and in the finals Archer 6-1, 6-1, I think he is well prepared for this big tournament. I believe he also stayed in the U.S. after the tournament in Nashville so he doesn't have the usual jet lag from Germany to deal with.

I have known Ralf about 15 years and he is not only a great, steady player, but one of the nicest gentlemen on the pro circuit. I wish him all the luck and hope that he might even win the thing !!!

09-24-2002, 09:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> In looking at the brackets I think Ralf Souquet has a great chance to go far in the U.S. Open. Coming off his victory in Nashville where he beat E. Montal 7-6, 6-1, Jimmy Reid 6-0, 6-1, and in the finals Archer 6-1, 6-1, I think he is well prepared for this big tournament. I believe he also stayed in the U.S. after the tournament in Nashville so he doesn't have the usual jet lag from Germany to deal with.

I have known Ralf about 15 years and he is not only a great, steady player, but one of the nicest gentlemen on the pro circuit. I wish him all the luck and hope that he might even win the thing !!! <hr></blockquote>

I don't think so... he has to face Ramil Gallego first and then there's Ronni Alcano on his bracket which BTW is a KILLER!

Harold Acosta
09-24-2002, 09:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> In looking at the brackets I think Ralf Souquet has a great chance to go far in the U.S. Open. Coming off his victory in Nashville where he beat E. Montal 7-6, 6-1, Jimmy Reid 6-0, 6-1, and in the finals Archer 6-1, 6-1, I think he is well prepared for this big tournament. I believe he also stayed in the U.S. after the tournament in Nashville so he doesn't have the usual jet lag from Germany to deal with.

I have known Ralf about 15 years and he is not only a great, steady player, but one of the nicest gentlemen on the pro circuit. I wish him all the luck and hope that he might even win the thing !!! <hr></blockquote>

Doomsday:

At this stage it is too early to predict but anything could happen! Ralf would be joyous if he could add this title to his resume!

Doomsday Machine
09-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Souquet is an absolute tournament player, winning over 182 tournaments including 40 German Championships, 31 European Titles, and numerous international and World Championships. The players you have mentioned are quite strong, but many of these type of players do not have the "patience" to be successful in tournament play. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens !! Ralf's slow, deliberate style of play and lack of mistakes makes him a handful for anyone in a tournament.

Chris Cass
09-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Hi Dooms,

Not to change the subject, but who is this Tot guy? He seems to have some impressive scores in the matches he's played already?

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
09-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Other tournament news. Steve Lipsky won a hill match with Fred Congleton. He plays Hoppy next, he might beat Hoppy! Like to see him finish well.

09-24-2002, 10:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> Souquet is an absolute tournament player, winning over 182 tournaments including 40 German Championships, 31 European Titles, and numerous international and World Championships. The players you have mentioned are quite strong, but many of these type of players do not have the "patience" to be successful in tournament play. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens !! Ralf's slow, deliberate style of play and lack of mistakes makes him a handful for anyone in a tournament. <hr></blockquote>

I'll TTT this thread as soon as Ramil Gallego dispose out Souquet.

Rod
09-24-2002, 10:25 PM
I'll drink to that DM, real solid indeed!

Chris Cass
09-24-2002, 10:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Other tournament news. Steve Lipsky won a hill match with Fred Congleton. He plays Hoppy next, he might beat Hoppy! Like to see him finish well. <hr></blockquote>

Hi Rod,

I was talking to Steve not to long ago and he mentioned he was hitt'em pretty good. I hope he does real good.

Regards,

C.C.~~who's Tot?

Rod
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Chris,

Dunno who Tot is. Good scores but it's still pretty early. Who was his opponents? You know some guys play just to say they did. Will see what happens tommorrow.

ted harris
09-25-2002, 12:10 AM
Chris,
I got to see Sandor Tot play this past weekend at the US Open Warm Up $5,000 added Joss Tournament. He plays great. I watched him play 4 sets for the cheese against Jarrod Clowery, and he was down in all 4 sets, like 7-2, 6-3, 6-1, and 8-4. He won all four sets, and the last one he ran the set after being down 8-4. Looks like the rest of the world is coming out!

09-25-2002, 12:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Dooms,

Not to change the subject, but who is this Tot guy? He seems to have some impressive scores in the matches he's played already?

Regards,

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

Hails from Hungary

At the IBC tournament in Nashville, Tot knocked out Strickland and Daulton.He's playing well to say the least.BS

nmshooter
09-25-2002, 03:39 AM
He played in the World Championships this year and made it out of group play, including a win over Tony Robles and a 5-3 loss to Corey Deuel. I didnt recognize the names involved in his other group play matches. In the 64 round he lost to Nick Varner 9-6.

marek
09-25-2002, 05:22 AM
Sandor Tot is excelent hungarian player and 2002 Europian 8-ball champion. He has a great position play, mighty break and kicks like hell. On the other hand his game sometimes lacks consistency but he has potential to beat anyone on this planet if in good mood (which is the majority of the time /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ) plus he is really nice person.

09-25-2002, 07:19 AM
I agree that Ralf has an excellent chance at winning the Open but he might have a little jet lag. He left Nashville and played in Holland before returning to the States for the Open. Regardless, he is an awesome player and will make a strong showing.

Rod
09-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Hi Marek, Looks like he is the real deal. There is so much new talent in pool that it is hard to keep up with everyone. Hope he continues to play well.

09-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Ralf is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, and he is unquestionably one of the best players in the world today. I am never surprised to see him win any tournament, and I'm always happy to see him doing well.

Go Ralf! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Doomsday Machine
09-27-2002, 05:23 PM
An update to anonymous: Gallego is out (lost his match to Souquet), Alcano has lost one match and has a tough road in the loser's bracket. I still think Souquet has a great chance to win the whole thing !!! I guess these 2 players weren't as "Killer" as you thought.