PDA

View Full Version : Nita Lowey shows how classy gets done

Soflasnapper
11-22-2011, 06:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The left defends the right in Bachmann bash
</span>
By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 11/22/11 5:36 PM EST Updated: 11/22/11 6:07 PM EST

The shot that Jimmy Fallon's in-house band, The Roots, took at Michele Bachmann, playing Fishbone's "Lyin' Ass Bitch" as her entrance music, is earning rebukes from an unlikely place — the congresswoman's Democratic colleague Nita Lowey.

“The choice of song to introduce Michele Bachmann on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' last night <span style='font-size: 17pt'>was insulting and inappropriate</span>," Lowey said in a statement. "<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I do not share Michele Bachmann’s politics, but she deserves to be treated with respect. No female politician — and no woman — should be subjected to sexist and offensive innuendo like she was last night.</span>"
Continue Reading

“The Roots, Jimmy Fallon, and NBC should apologize.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68975.html#ixzz1eTyIVQ4X
</div></div>

See? Not hard at all. Simply treat others as you'd like to be treated (the golden rule, in essence), and complain about others being ill-treated if they are, whatever their political leanings.

Kudos, Rep. Lowey!

cushioncrawler
11-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Lalalala Lalalalala (x4)

I knew her and she knew me
When she asks me to introduce him
When I did we were three
Until she tried to seduce him

I really thought our love was much too strong
But that little slut just proved us Wrong
I still care and that's my fatal flaw
Cause sharing you will surely kill us all !!

She's just a...
Lalalala Lalalalala

You're nothing but a little lyin' ass bitch !
You know she says she loves you but you know she doesn't
You know she says she loves you but you know she really doesn't

She swears that her heart's for you
And she swears that her love never ends
She swears that she's all for you
As she messes around with your friends

I really thougth our love was much too strong
But that little slut just proved us Wrong
I still care and that's my fatal flaw
Cause sharing you will surely kill us all !!

She's just a...
Lalalala Lalalalala

She's just a...
Lalalala Lalalalala

This song is dedicated to Lying Ass Yvette

The lyin', piss off, sack of shit
Slut trash can scumish
Dirt bag... Biiiitch ! ! ! ! ! ! !

eg8r
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Good for her. It is tough for politicians, these days, to defend someone from the opposing party.

I didn't see the show but am wondering, was the band or Fallon joking at all about the music? Or was this serious?

eg8r

LWW
11-23-2011, 05:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for her. It is tough for politicians, these days, to defend someone from the opposing party.

I didn't see the show but am wondering, was the band or Fallon joking at all about the music? Or was this serious?

eg8r </div></div>

Quite true, and it's extremely rare to find a democrat that will call out the far left for their mob actions.

Gayle in MD
11-23-2011, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The left defends the right in Bachmann bash
</span>

The shot that Jimmy Fallon's in-house band, The Roots, took at Michele Bachmann, playing Fishbone's "Lyin' Ass Bitch" as her entrance music, is earning rebukes from an unlikely place — the congresswoman's Democratic colleague Nita Lowey.

“The choice of song to introduce Michele Bachmann on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' last night <span style='font-size: 17pt'>was insulting and inappropriate</span>," Lowey said in a statement. "<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I do not share Michele Bachmann’s politics, but she deserves to be treated with respect. No female politician — and no woman — should be subjected to sexist and offensive innuendo like she was last night.</span>"
Continue Reading

</div></div>

See? Not hard at all. Simply treat others as you'd like to be treated (the golden rule, in essence), and complain about others being ill-treated if they are, whatever their political leanings.

Kudos, Rep. Lowey!
</div></div>

Bravo Rep. Lowey, and additionally, just to show the media slant to the right, I didn't hear one single reference to the fact that Bachmann stole Nancy Pelosi's joke....

Typical Repiglican, they're either lying or stealing..

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hondo
11-23-2011, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for her. It is tough for politicians, these days, to defend someone from the opposing party.

eg8r </div></div>

Quite true, and it's extremely rare to find a democrat that will call out the far left for their mob actions. </div></div>

So, did you drop the johnny persona already?
You're the lowest of the low, little dubbie.
I sincerely apologize to Sev for thinking he was johnny.
No doubt in my mind that you are johnny, dub.
Bring him back. I'll not post as long as you drum up that character.
Is that what you want?

Soflasnapper
11-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I presume the band did a few bars of the music sans vocals, as an arch inside joke. Unless this was a very popular song (never heard of it) and everyone in the audience was in on the joke.

I have vaguely heard of Fishbone, but not more than barely, so clearly I would not have known their reference.

eg8r
11-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I did not know the song prior to this but apparently the drummer did this on purpose since he tweeted about it just prior to her walking out. My guess is that he did this as a joke but maybe he believed it, I don't know. Either way it was done in poor taste.

eg8r

pooltchr
11-25-2011, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The left defends the right in Bachmann bash
</span>

Continue Reading

</div></div>

Kudos, Rep. Lowey!
</div></div>

Bravo Rep. Lowey, and additionally, just to show the media slant to the right, I didn't hear one single reference to the fact that Bachmann stole Nancy Pelosi's joke....

Typical Repiglican, they're either lying or stealing..

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

LMAO! G applauds Lowey a Dem for speaking out when MB was disrespected....then goes and disrespects her herself!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Soflasnapper
11-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Back in older times, the band might have lit into the opening bars of 'The Lady is a Tramp.'

EricGabri
11-26-2011, 06:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in older times, the band might have lit into the opening bars of 'The Lady is a Tramp.' </div></div>

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! May be!!!!!!!!

hondo
11-26-2011, 07:03 AM
HE'S BACK !!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

LWW
11-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Your friend is still begging to be the center of attention.

hondo
11-26-2011, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your friend is still begging to be the center of attention. </div></div>

Hondo- 8165 posts since 09/04/03
LWW- 21637 posts since 10/11/07

Liars may figure but figures don't lie.
ALMOST THIRTEEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED MORE POSTS IN FOUR LESS YEARS !!!!!!
Oh, you are a funny guy!

Gayle in MD
11-28-2011, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your friend is still begging to be the center of attention. </div></div>

Hondo- 8165 posts since 09/04/03
LWW- 21637 posts since 10/11/07

Liars may figure but figures don't lie.
ALMOST THIRTEEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED MORE POSTS IN FOUR LESS YEARS !!!!!!
Oh, you are a funny guy! </div></div>

These "Conservatives" who bitch about government spending, while on the Government dole, have loads of time to waste....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hondo
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Gayle, I do understand that this is his whole life. That's fine. Whatever.
I just hate the hypocrisy of somebody as obsessive-compulsive as him bellowing that I'm the one crying for attention.
Hell, I rarely even post here and not at all on AZ.
I am going to try, for about the thousandth time, I admit, to
be somewhat more civil to him, but the minute he starts lying or
bringing back his johnny d. creation, I'm going to be on him like a fly on shit.

Gayle in MD
11-29-2011, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, I do understand that this is his whole life. That's fine. Whatever.
I just hate the hypocrisy of somebody as obsessive-compulsive as him bellowing that I'm the one crying for attention.
Hell, I rarely even post here and not at all on AZ.
I am going to try, for about the thousandth time, I admit, to
be somewhat more civil to him, but the minute he starts lying or
bringing back his johnny d. creation, I'm going to be on him like a fly on shit. </div></div>

My friend, it's your call.

I can only say what I have always thought. He isn't worth your time. We all know what he is.

G.