PDA

View Full Version : Turning the page on Cain's candidacy

Soflasnapper
11-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Well, I guess the 15 minutes are up for this nominee.

Last debate he spoke less than Rick Santorum, of all people, one of the never was in this race.

Cain was, but is no more. Instead, he's dropping stone-like among the GOP voters. It just took a week or two longer, because sometimes the quarter takes a while to drop for low information voters.

Explaining how he continued to do well, or ok, for a week or two after these stories broke. Although it's hard to believe, evidently most of the GOP voters didn't hear this immediately. Now that they have, a month into it, they've shown the back of their hands to him.

Soflasnapper
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
That this is so clearly the case is shown by the lack of dispute here. Nobody now wants to defend the man's chances, or deny his falling off the pace?

Sev
11-24-2011, 05:24 PM
It is interesting that as fast as the allegations arose. They disappeared from the media just as quickly.

Quite suspicious if you ask me.

Soflasnapper
11-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The coverage is based on new news, and there hasn't been any, after the one person came forward with her allegations on top of the discovery of the existence of the two settlements with his former employees.

If the media had harped endlessly on no new information, I predict you or Cain supporters would have complained about that fact.

Besides, there was the newer Rick Perry moment for Cain which took up the media oxygen in the room, concerning his halting Libya question response.

My right wing brothers said their previous support for him was not shaken by the sexual harrassment (or worse) allegations, but by his Libya moment.

Gayle in MD
11-29-2011, 07:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The coverage is based on new news, and there hasn't been any, after the one person came forward with her allegations on top of the discovery of the existence of the two settlements with his former employees.

If the media had harped endlessly on no new information, I predict you or Cain supporters would have complained about that fact.

Besides, there was the newer Rick Perry moment for Cain which took up the media oxygen in the room, concerning his halting Libya question response.

My right wing brothers said their previous support for him was not shaken by the sexual harrassment (or worse) allegations, but by his Libya moment. </div></div>

As I said at the outset, women have a sixth sense about a letch like Cain....as was proven yesterday, the latest accuser has spoken, about her decade plus long affair with Cain, and again, his remarks prove his guilt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/28...1_lnk2%7C116138 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/28/ginger-white-herman-cain_n_1117364.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl16%7Csec1_lnk2%7C116138)

What a HUGE EGO this man has, he clearly thought he could run for president, and his philandering and sexual assaults against so many women, AND his long term affair, wouldn't come out.

He must have thought, IIARIOK! Same thing Newt and Romney think /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif about their own obvious character flaws.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
It wasn't so bad a plan as it seems now.

Cain is fairly sensible, and knew he should remain in the lower tier of the candidates, where his background would never be so scrutinized.

A victim of his own success, which likely greatly surprised him when it briefly occurred. Not really his fault, as it was a default vaulting to the top, based on there being nobody else attracting attention who didn't look bad at a second look.

Gayle in MD
11-30-2011, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't so bad a plan as it seems now.

Cain is fairly sensible, and knew he should remain in the lower tier of the candidates, where his background would never be so scrutinized.

A victim of his own success, which likely greatly surprised him when it briefly occurred. Not really his fault, as it was a default vaulting to the top, based on there being nobody else attracting attention who didn't look bad at a second look. </div></div>

Can't agree with you on this one, friend. I don't think he's sensible, and his offensive attacks on the unemployed in our society, and on the President, were stupid tactics, given he was himself hiding a bomb shell past.

Seems to me that it wasn't so much a miscalculation of his expectations, as it was a big huge EGO, which was fed to huge proportions by his skewed reality of omnipotence, after living the life of wealth, priviledge, and power, and years of getting away with assault, because he could!

Same thing is true of Perry, Gingrich and Romney, IMO, and particularly, Gingrich!

G.

Soflasnapper
12-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Just a victory lap to celebrate my early call on this one. No, no-- please, hold your applause until the end, to be fair to all contestants. But thank you!

Not only has the page turned, but Mr. Cain has closed the book entirely.

I guess the 'fact' that he 'passed' 'the lie detector' test (these scare quotes indicate none of these are intended to be true statements!) was unpersuasive, at best? Hard to believe such 'conclusive' 'proof' was ignored. Why was it???