PDA

View Full Version : Steve Doocy and guest Neal Boortz hype 999 plan

Qtec
11-29-2011, 01:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox Distorts Impact Of Cain's 9-9-9 Plan On Low-Income Taxpayers
September 28, 2011 12:18 pm ET — 130 Comments

Fox News' Steve Doocy and guest Neal Boortz hyped GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain's "9-9-9" tax plan on Fox & Friends, claiming low-income tax payers would <u>"probably still [come] out ahead"</u> under Cain's plan. However, experts have said that lower and middle income families would bear a disproportionately larger tax burden under Cain's plan, while some higher-income earners would see their taxes decrease. </div></div>

That's a lie and Boortz knows it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DOOCY: Well, let's talk a little bit about some of the pros of the 9-9-9 plan. It would lower the corporate taxes, it would lower the federal income taxes. But then when you look at the minuses, suddenly the poor are going to have to pay a 9 percent sales tax. What do you think about that?

BOORTZ: Well, the poor also are not paying payroll taxes anymore. Now, the payroll tax, for instance, is 6.2 percent for Social Security, you have a couple of percent for Medicare tax -- I think we're in the 8 percent range. That disappears from their paychecks under Herman Cain's plan. They don't pay that anymore, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>so even if they are paying a 9 percent sales tax, you only pay that on the money you spend, not on everything that you earn,</span> so they're probably still coming out ahead of the game. No matter how low your -- how low your income may be. </div></div>

News for Boortz,<span style='font-size: 14pt'> the less well off spend everything they earn, and some!</span> They both forget to mention that the top earners will get a <span style='font-size: 17pt'>30% income tax cut</span> with Herman,s plan!

It gets worse. 'Skin in the Game'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DOOCY: Sure. Well, and the president of the United States himself has said everybody has to have some skin in the game, and this way, everybody would be paying something.

BOORTZ: Well, right now, we have, and I've heard this -- you folks quote this statistic often -- 47 percent of the people in this country do not pay any federal income tax --

DOOCY: That's right.

BOORTZ: -- At all. And you're right. Everybody benefits from living in this country. And no matter what your economic situation is, everybody ought to pay a little bit of the toll for keeping this country on its feet.

DOOCY: Right. Indeed.

BOORTZ: And the jobs producers and the workers, everybody needs to be, as the president says, have some skin in the game </div></div>

watch it here (http://mediamatters.org/research/201109280013?frontpage)

Lost for words.

Q

pooltchr
11-29-2011, 05:11 AM
While I think the 9-9-9 plan needs some work, I have no problem with EVERYONE paying their "Fair Share" in taxes. Somehow, that phrase seems to only apply to the top income earners when the Left talks about paying a fair share. Maybe if everyone was paying taxes, more people would pay attention to what Washington is doing to them.

Steve

Qtec
11-29-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with EVERYONE paying their "Fair Share" in taxes. </div></div>

I think that's something we can all agree on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that phrase seems to only apply to the top income earners when the Left talks about paying a fair share. </div></div>

That's because they aren't paying their fair share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if everyone was paying taxes, more people would pay attention to what Washington is doing to them.

Steve </div></div>

I agree.

What's happened is that the Govt has been for decades subsidising small business owners. Instead of these businesses increasing their wage rates to keep up with inflation, the Govt has been compensating <u>their</u> workers wage loss by tax breaks.

Its got to the point where 47% don't earn enough to have to pay income tax. The result is you create a lower class. That's the class war for you right there.

When Bush borrowed a trillion from China to pay for his tax cuts, the 48% didn't see any of it, but as citizens they are on the hook for the debt.

The 999 crap eliminates Capital Gains Tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The top .1 percent of earners account for 50 percent of capital gains ..

It's not really the top 1 percent that does so well. Though most of the people in this super-wealthy category make more than $1 million annually, it's the top tenth of the top 1 percent -- the megamillionaires and billionaires -- that has accrued truly enormous wealth under the Republican-driven tax-cut policies for the wealthy of the last few decades.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>This ultra-rich slice takes fully <span style='font-size: 26pt'>50 percent</span> of the nation's capital-gains and the rich benefits of the Bush tax-cuts on those gains.</span> Thus its effective tax on income is far lower, as a percentage, than that most any secretary or working class American would pay.

Other figures suggest the larger-picture of our top-heavy income disparities. The top 20 percent of Americans own more than 85 percent of the nation's wealth, <u>while the poorest 20 percent own just one-tenth of 1 percent </u></div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
11-29-2011, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with EVERYONE paying their "Fair Share" in taxes. </div></div>

I think that's something we can all agree on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that phrase seems to only apply to the top income earners when the Left talks about paying a fair share. </div></div>

That's because they aren't paying their fair share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if everyone was paying taxes, more people would pay attention to what Washington is doing to them.

Steve </div></div>

I agree.

What's happened is that the Govt has been for decades subsidising small business owners. Instead of these businesses increasing their wage rates to keep up with inflation, the Govt has been compensating <u>their</u> workers wage loss by tax breaks.

Its got to the point where 47% don't earn enough to have to pay income tax. The result is you create a lower class. That's the class war for you right there.

When Bush borrowed a trillion from China to pay for his tax cuts, the 48% didn't see any of it, but as citizens they are on the hook for the debt.

The 999 crap eliminates Capital Gains Tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The top .1 percent of earners account for 50 percent of capital gains ..

It's not really the top 1 percent that does so well. Though most of the people in this super-wealthy category make more than $1 million annually, it's the top tenth of the top 1 percent -- the megamillionaires and billionaires -- that has accrued truly enormous wealth under the Republican-driven tax-cut policies for the wealthy of the last few decades.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>This ultra-rich slice takes fully <span style='font-size: 26pt'>50 percent</span> of the nation's capital-gains and the rich benefits of the Bush tax-cuts on those gains.</span> Thus its effective tax on income is far lower, as a percentage, than that most any secretary or working class American would pay.

Other figures suggest the larger-picture of our top-heavy income disparities. The top 20 percent of Americans own more than 85 percent of the nation's wealth, <u>while the poorest 20 percent own just one-tenth of 1 percent </u></div></div>

Q

</div></div>

We have a RW slice of our society, who vote against their own best interests.

They are fully brainwashed, and void of critical thinking skills.

They are led around by their noses, by the party which covers up it's gross redistribution of wealth, by lying, and creating class warfare, skewing factual information, and turning Middle Class Americans, who only watch Fux Noise, and idiots like Limpballs, and Beck, thrive on the hate speak and vicious attacks of a shrew like Anne Coulter, all of them twisting the truth, to enhance the corporate fascist pigs, fill up their own pockets, serve their wealthy media owners, and promote the theft by corporate America, by billionaire media mogals, by Wall St. greedy pigs, who are together removing all the rights and opportunities, of Middle Class, hard working, Americans, to live a life without the proverty caused by corporate greed.

The RW fascist Supreme Court, has destroyed the One man, one vote principle of Democracy.

The Wall St, Occupiers, know this. That's why they are being unfairly painted as thugs, by the right, and by the fascist Repiglicans, and the mogul monsters of the media, wealthy owners of all media, who push the lie 24/7.

Greed is destroying this country, and the world. Pure Greed and corruption.

Our only hope is to get money, and Religion, out of politics.

Without that, the right will continue to push us down the path of fascism, wrapped in the flag, waving the cross.

The shock doctrine. It's been on the way for a long time, Repiglicans, have pushed it to fruition, with their looholes, their subsidies, their feigned outrage over spending, and the endless lies that seek to slander the protests of the suffering masses.

In my lifetime, Ronald Reagan, was the leader of this devastating, un-American, fascist result. It's disgusting listening to the skewed interpretations of his legacy. He was a LIAR, and a crook!

Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush, all of them corrupt liars and crooks, who caused devastating consequences for our country, both foreign, and domestic.

President Obama's re-election is our only hope at this point, and that is on the outside chance, that Americans will demand a reversal of the Supreme Court Decision, and form a movement which insists on public financed campaigns.

No more hidden, private money in the campaign process. NONE!

The whole world is protesting the theft of opportunities for all, by the wealthy few at the top.

I do not believe we can afford to fail to support these OWS protestors. They are being slandered beyond belief, by the Right wing media moguls, and wealthy Mayors, like Bloomberg, who stands before his people, and lies outright, about the crash, about Wall St., about the banks, and what these wealthy crooks have done to our country.

Corporations cannot be trusted to regulate themselves, as has been proven.

The right, is anti-regulation, and their policies have brought this country down.

The right is anti human rights, and they use their hatred to spread their anti-American slander.

The right is not the ONLY problem, but they are the most corrupt, by far.

G.

eg8r
11-29-2011, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a lie and Boortz knows it.
</div></div>Darn right Boortz knows that " experts have said that lower and middle income families would bear a disproportionately larger tax burden under Cain's plan" is a lie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">News for Boortz, the less well off spend everything they earn, and some! </div></div>Sofla already said this when he mentioned in the Black Friday thread about people going out and buying stuff for Christmas and going into debt doing it. It is common knowledge that the less well off spend everything they make because they cannot control their spending.

Thanks for posting this...Boortz is definitely a person whom America should be listening to.

eg8r

eg8r
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
It is absolute class warfare plain and simple. The lefty politicians toe the line to buy votes, and all the non-politicians just want to get their hands in the pockets of the rich.

Honestly, if you are a lefty and take one single deduction on your tax returns then you are a hypocrite.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon ones view, this plan is sinking into the same quicksand as its more recent prominent supporter (may his late campaign rest in peace!), and will be wholly discredited by association with this man to whom I refer.

Notice I don't even mention his name? That's how much his erstwhile campaign is in the rear view mirror.

But don't forget the punchline-- this niner-cubed plan was only a TRANSITION plan to... the Fair Tax (tm)!

I think that is also now tarnished by association with this man, as it should have been already by association with Boorish Boortz.

Qtec
11-29-2011, 11:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a lie and Boortz knows it.

News for Boortz, the less well off spend everything they earn, and some! </div></div>

Sofla already said this when he mentioned in the Black Friday thread about people going out and buying stuff for Christmas and going into debt doing it. It is common knowledge that the less well off spend everything they make because they cannot control their spending.

Thanks for posting this...Boortz is definitely a person whom America should be listening to.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At the stroke of midnight, a growing number of Americans are lining up at Walmart<span style='font-size: 14pt'> not to cash in on a holiday sale, but because they’re hungry.</span>

The increasing number of Americans relying on food stamps to survive the sluggish economic recovery has changed the way the largest retailer in the United States does business.

Carol Johnston, Walmart’s senior vice president of store development, said that store managers have seen an “enormous spike” in the number of consumers shopping at midnight on the first of the month. That’s typically when those receiving federal food assistance have their accounts refilled each month.

“We’ll bring in more staff to stock. We’ll also make sure all of our registers…are open…Some people may think at 12:01, Walmart’s very quiet, <u>but in a lot of our areas of the country, 12:01 is a big day or a big night for us, actually,</u>” Johnston said.

Becca Reeder and her husband, T.J. Fowler, are one of the families shopping before the sun rises.

When NBC News visited their home six days before the first of the month, they had no milk in their refrigerator. Among the few things left were water, bacon grease for the dog’s food, a little bit of apple juice, cheese and tortillas.

The couple and their 2-year-old son, Miles, live in Nampa, Idaho, about a 30-minute drive from Boise. Reeder and Fowler married in September. She recently had to pawn her wedding ring to help support the family.

“As long as I got my family, I’m good,” she said.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The newlyweds are both certified nursing assistants but have been unable to find work in their field. Fowler is commuting an hour and a half round trip to a part-time job flipping burgers at a fast-food restaurant and Reeder is not working.</span> </div></div>

You told me only kids flip burgers.

Q

cushioncrawler
11-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Milk iz stupid.
What u do iz get powdered milk, and add water.

Fruit juice of any sort iz stupid.
U hav the fructose (toxik) without the partly good bit.

I dunno which cheaper bort foods might be best.
Peanuts are a good place to start i think -- $5 per kg.
Spuds -- dunno why i didnt think of it earlyer -- $1 per kg i think.
mac.

cushioncrawler
11-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Flipping burgers aint silly.
If u are hungry they wouldnt bounce on the floor more than once.

The missus kood work at a drive-throo bottle shop.
mac.

eg8r
11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You told me only kids flip burgers.
</div></div>I absolutely never said that. This is the problem, you don't shut up long enough to comprehend what you are reading. I have always said flipping burgers is a job for kids, NOT adults and especially not ones that are trying to feed their families on this income alone.

Other than that, Boortz and sofla are correct, these people have spending problems and neither are referring to essentials.

eg8r