PDA

View Full Version : Cain reassessing and re-evaluating

hondo
11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Hang in there, Herman. Grabbin the snatch hasn't hurt Newt.
Even the Evangelicals are forgiving.
Hell, it's not nearly as bad as being a Mormon or a Democrat
or a moderate. ( The horror! the horror!)

Soflasnapper
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
As a Koch man, with a Koch man as his campaign chief, whether he continues a while or not is probably their call.

If I understood their goals and end-game plans, I could tell you what he'll decide. As it is a mystery to me, I make no predictions as to the near term decision of someone who I WILL predict remains simply Citizen Cain.

Gayle in MD
11-30-2011, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a Koch man, with a Koch man as his campaign chief, whether he continues a while or not is probably their call.

If I understood their goals and end-game plans, I could tell you what he'll decide. As it is a mystery to me, I make no predictions as to the near term decision of someone who I WILL predict remains simply Citizen Cain. </div></div>

And If he keeps on running his mouth, and slandering his accusers, he may end up being Defendant Cain.

What is so hilarious is watching the right jump straight from one lecherous, adulterous womanizer to another lecherous adulterous womanizer, both of them... Without Conscience and both of them spewing ridiculous denials and excuses for their low down, smutty behavior....

G.

hondo
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Cain was in Dayton Tuesday. Wonder if dearless leader was in the rooting section?
What's interesting is that the only rabid right winger on either forum to endorse a candidate is Sev ( Cain) and we see how that's going.
Every time the others are asked they either don't respond or simply attack Barry again.
Pretty thin pickings out there. What a cast of loonies!
I do love the way Ron Paul cuts through their bullshit and makes them look like morons.

Sev
12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Listen dude.
I've been tested for rabies and had my shots. I'm not rabid.
I am also a libertarian.

Now I see Cain staying for a little bit longer. Unless of course his latest accuser is proven to be fraud and is arrested and prosecuted.

However be that as it may. Here is a possibility.

Cain will throw his support behind Newt.

17 democrats are retiring in the house.
23 democrat seats are up for grabs in the senate.

Palin jumps in to fire up the Tea party and conservatives and play king maker. If she can keep her percentage of success the same as the last elections she becomes a danger to the establishment.
She will have far more power than any one congressman. The power pick losers and winners every election cycle is to be feared by both sides of the aisle.

After Palin has all her picks in position she throws her support behind Newt. Completely hamstringing Romeny.

The Obama is then forced to debate one of the most knowledge and articulate individuals in politics at the moment.
On a level playing field Obama is no match for Newt.

Newt on the other hand needs to keep his mouth from running over.

eg8r
12-01-2011, 09:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama is then forced to debate one of the most knowledge and articulate individuals in politics at the moment.
</div></div>If we are talking about "experience", "political knowledge", "foreign policy" etc, then I agree Newt runs circles around Obama. If we are talking about how to run a campaign then Obama has the edge for sure. He is the consumate community organizer and uses that expertise very well on the campaign.

eg8r

Sev
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I agree.
However Obama cant run on his record.
The economic numbers are not on his side. He has managed to alienate brood swaths of his base.

His numbers are now lower than Carters. There is not anybody that would agree that that is a good thing for a sitting president.

Soflasnapper
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Palin jumps in to fire up the Tea party and conservatives and play king maker. If she can keep her percentage of success the same as the last elections she becomes a danger to the establishment.

I thought she had a .500 batting average or worse, last election? (Getting her pick to winning the nomination doesn't really count in my view if they then lose their general election, so I'm scoring that scenario (Joe Miller, e.g.) as a FAIL, not a win for her.)

Using the ULTIMATE outcome as the measure, doesn't she have a so-so BA?

Not to discount your scenario, despite that. The whispered talk is how much this could lead to a brokered convention-- nobody with sufficient delegates to win outright, possibly multiple voting rounds with horse-swapping, etc. Ms. Palin's influence might be significant in such an event.

Particularly is she ever decides to spend some of her PAC monies on someone other than herself. Her endorsement AND CHECK could go a long way to tilt things.

Soflasnapper
12-01-2011, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama is then forced to debate one of the most knowledge and articulate individuals in politics at the moment.
</div></div>If we are talking about "experience", "political knowledge", "foreign policy" etc, then I agree Newt runs circles around Obama. If we are talking about how to run a campaign then Obama has the edge for sure. He is the consumate community organizer and uses that expertise very well on the campaign.

eg8r </div></div>

There's been a lot of discussion about Newt's apparent brilliant mind, and the general drift of what I've read is that it is an exaggeration and a pose more than a reality.

Mercurial and protean as he is, Nest is always interesting, sounds impressive at first hearing, but it's not thought out, not coherent, and not necessarily that deep. You allude to his semi-ADHD verbal diarrhea problem, and that is indeed his shotgun scattered style, lack of message discipline, etc., which are some of his key vulnerabilities, as it leads to many many walkbacks, flatly contradictory statements a day later, etc.

But on any and all policy chops (except recitation of right wing economic cant, of course) I think Obama is easily the equal of Newt. I think the Republicans drink their own koolaid about Obama being incompetent without a teleprompter at their own peril, and over-estimate the failed historian Gingrich likewise at their peril.

I'm quite surprised to see you think Gingrich knows anything about foreign policy, to speak of. His air of authority of knowledge is mainly a pose, based on speaking confidently at all times and exaggerating. When Gerald Ford, a member of the House for decades and in the leadership of the House for also a long time, was elevated to the VP office, he took 9 hard months of studying to get up to speed to be ready to be POTUS.

Gingrich is in the Ford position as to presidential policy knowledge (worse, because he hasn't been in the classified loop for 15 years, whereas Ford was then a current member of the leadership), whereas Obama has been doing that job for the better part of 3 years. There is no possibility that Gingrich has anything like the handle on the world's affairs that Obama does. He doesn't have the access to know half of what Obama knows, and his previous job did not involve knowing these matters in detail even then.

All during this time, he's had his knowledge base slip as he rather crudely pimps out himself as Newt, Inc. to make a ton of money selling merchandise. That's been his focus, and he's done well at it, but being a hustler of books, dvds, 'college' courses, etc., does not require he keep up with modern times, have any decent policy ideas, or know much of anything.

As he explained about his commentator job at Fox News-- he didn't actually have to know what he was talking about for that job. Same with running his cult of personality chattel goods push operation.

Sev
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin jumps in to fire up the Tea party and conservatives and play king maker. If she can keep her percentage of success the same as the last elections she becomes a danger to the establishment.

I thought she had a .500 batting average or worse, last election? (Getting her pick to winning the nomination doesn't really count in my view if they then lose their general election, so I'm scoring that scenario (Joe Miller, e.g.) as a FAIL, not a win for her.)

Using the ULTIMATE outcome as the measure, doesn't she have a so-so BA?

Not to discount your scenario, despite that. The whispered talk is how much this could lead to a brokered convention-- nobody with sufficient delegates to win outright, possibly multiple voting rounds with horse-swapping, etc. Ms. Palin's influence might be significant in such an event.

Particularly is she ever decides to spend some of her PAC monies on someone other than herself. Her endorsement AND CHECK could go a long way to tilt things. </div></div>

Choosing the winning candidates is the only thing that counts. Anybody that bats 500 or above in politics is a force to be reckoned with.
You also have to factor the over 720 seats that changed hands on the state level. Much of that also can be attributed to the Tea Party.

Rasmussen just had Newt at 38% with Romney at 17%

Gayle in MD
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama is then forced to debate one of the most knowledge and articulate individuals in politics at the moment.

eg8r </div></div>

There's been a lot of discussion about Newt's apparent brilliant mind, and the general drift of what I've read is that it is an exaggeration and a pose more than a reality.

Mercurial and protean as he is, Nest is always interesting, sounds impressive at first hearing, but it's not thought out, not coherent, and not necessarily that deep. You allude to his semi-ADHD verbal diarrhea problem, and that is indeed his shotgun scattered style, lack of message discipline, etc., which are some of his key vulnerabilities, as it leads to many many walkbacks, flatly contradictory statements a day later, etc.

But on any and all policy chops (except recitation of right wing economic cant, of course) I think Obama is easily the equal of Newt. I think the Republicans drink their own koolaid about Obama being incompetent without a teleprompter at their own peril, and over-estimate the failed historian Gingrich likewise at their peril.

I'm quite surprised to see you think Gingrich knows anything about foreign policy, to speak of. His air of authority of knowledge is mainly a pose, based on speaking confidently at all times and exaggerating. When Gerald Ford, a member of the House for decades and in the leadership of the House for also a long time, was elevated to the VP office, he took 9 hard months of studying to get up to speed to be ready to be POTUS.

Gingrich is in the Ford position as to presidential policy knowledge (worse, because he hasn't been in the classified loop for 15 years, whereas Ford was then a current member of the leadership), whereas Obama has been doing that job for the better part of 3 years. There is no possibility that Gingrich has anything like the handle on the world's affairs that Obama does. He doesn't have the access to know half of what Obama knows, and his previous job did not involve knowing these matters in detail even then.

All during this time, he's had his knowledge base slip as he rather crudely pimps out himself as Newt, Inc. to make a ton of money selling merchandise. That's been his focus, and he's done well at it, but being a hustler of books, dvds, 'college' courses, etc., does not require he keep up with modern times, have any decent policy ideas, or know much of anything.

As he explained about his commentator job at Fox News-- he didn't actually have to know what he was talking about for that job. Same with running his cult of personality chattel goods push operation. </div></div>

Excellent Post, Sofla.

Either Newt, or Romney suit me just fine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hondo
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
So Newt's our next President?
Well, at least we won't have to put up with all that lying bullshit from right wingers about how moral they are.
That phony crap gets old.

BTW, I didn't know you were a librarian!

hondo
12-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I like Perry with Bachman as his running mate.

Or what about Newt and Cain? They might even get Clinton's endorsement.
We could call it the Eating Ain't Cheating Team.

The evangelicals support of Cain and Newt even gives hope for old lechers like me.

Oh, shit! Time for dubbie to dig up johnny d. again!
My bad!

eg8r
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But on any and all policy chops (except recitation of right wing economic cant, of course) I think Obama is easily the equal of Newt.</div></div>You are grasping at straws and have absolutely nothing to base this assumption on. Newt has been around much longer and has a better grasp on what is going on politically here in the US and overseas. Obama has proven quite inept at both. Now don't get me wrong, he can skyrocket UE like few others, he can bow to foreign leaders, and he can illegally murder terrorists but I hardly put that in the same company with the knowledge and experience of Newt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Gerald Ford, a member of the House for decades and in the leadership of the House for also a long time, was elevated to the VP office, he took 9 hard months of studying to get up to speed to be ready to be POTUS.

Gingrich is in the Ford position as to presidential policy knowledge
</div></div>Which proves my point. Give Newt 9 months and he will already be long past what Obama has stumbled upon in 3 years. Sorry but Obama is such a wuss on this front it is not even funny.

Keep up your defense of Obama though, you guys really have nothing else to look up to.

eg8r

Sev
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
So are you saying Newt doesn't meet the qualifications to run for president?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama is then forced to debate one of the most knowledge and articulate individuals in politics at the moment.

eg8r </div></div>

As he explained about his commentator job at Fox News-- he didn't actually have to know what he was talking about for that job. Same with running his cult of personality chattel goods push operation. </div></div>

JohnnyD
12-02-2011, 02:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Newt's our next President?
Well, at least we won't have to put up with all that lying bullshit from right wingers about how moral they are.
That phony crap gets old.

BTW, I didn't know you were a librarian! </div></div>
Of all the people to talk abou lying ! Why do you lie honda.The evil world that you have lived and you mock others! You reep what you sow you inglorious bastard.
Pray hard hondo and raise that cross for all to see.Repent Beezebub and see GOD's ways.
You a teacher of all people to curse with vile languge about consuming drugs and transgressions with women other than your wife.
Pray you inglorious hypocrite.You are a four-flusher masquerader
of the most unmoraliistic kind.Second to none.Pray to save your burning eternal future.
Jesus loves you.
Your friend
JohnnyD

LWW
12-02-2011, 03:17 AM
I just noticed your sig. Are you implying he is in the same league as Jesse MacBeth?

MacBeth was a hero of the left for a bit, as long as he pimped them with the lie they wanted to hear ... some still believe in him.