PDA

View Full Version : 2012 U.S. Open Changes

Rich R.
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
This press release was on AZB. I'm posting it here for those who don't read that forum.
This will definitely change some things for our annual CCB events.

Independent Event
U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships Changing Locations

The US Open 9-Ball Championships will be moving to the city of Virginia Beach in 2012. The new dates are October 21-27 and the event will be held at the Holiday Inn just 3 blocks from Q-Master Billiards. This hotel has been completely renovated and the room rates for our guests will only be $79 per night and their sister hotel, the Hampton Inn, located next door is just $69 per night.

As usual, Barry and Shannon negotiated all food and beverage prices with the fans in mind. We are committed to keeping food and beverage prices as low as possible and have renewed those efforts once again for 2012.

By Press Release - 2011-11-30

12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks Rich.

I saw that on another forum and am glad someone posted here.

See everyone in 2012!

Eric

Tony_in_MD
12-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Yes, thanks Rich.

Big changes next year. I wonder what the new venue is like.

Brian in VA
12-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Wow! Sounds like BB negotiated a better deal with the Holiday Inn than he could get with the Chesaoeake Convention Center. And it's a reasonable walk from Q Masters, too!

See you all next year!

Brian in Va

12-04-2011, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! Sounds like BB negotiated a better deal with the Holiday Inn than he could get with the Chesaoeake Convention Center. And it's a reasonable walk from Q Masters, too!

See you all next year!

Brian in Va </div></div>

I'm not positive, but I think it is more than a hop/skip/jump from Q Master. If it's the Holiday Inn near the airport, then it's about a 5 minute car ride.

Eric

Soflasnapper
12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I've heard it is next door to the place you stayed at this year, the Hampton, per the press release itself.

('Next door' may be a stretch, perhaps a block down?)

But apparently, by the Chesapeake example and this one, these two hotel chains often shared locations.

Rich R.
12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
The press release says it's 3 blocks from Q-Masters. I don't remember seeing it but that doesn't surprise me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Brian in VA
12-05-2011, 08:59 AM
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's on Greenwich Blvd. and around the corner from Q-Masters. Probably a half mile or so away. Over near the Denny's. Much closer to the pool room.

Brian in VA

dg-in-centralpa
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Does that mean that everyone could stagger back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning?

Duane

Brian in VA
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure everyone could, Duane, but you and I probably can! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brian in VA

12-05-2011, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's on Greenwich Blvd. and around the corner from Q-Masters. Probably a half mile or so away. Over near the Denny's. Much closer to the pool room.

Brian in VA </div></div>

I think you might be right.

The hotel is located in a complex, with 2-3 other hotels. If I am thinking of the right one, Greenwich Blvd is right across from the Newtown Rd exit (Rt. 264).

Eric

Soflasnapper
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that mean that everyone could stagger back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning?

Duane </div></div>

After staggering to Denny's first, you mean? Nothing like that meat lover's scramble to tip an unsettled drinking stomach right over the edge. I think it's the grease.