PDA

View Full Version : The joy of gubmint run health care!

LWW
12-03-2011, 06:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A man from Nyköping in eastern Sweden has been denied a power wheelchair despite having had both of his legs amputated as the local health authority remained <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"uncertain if the impairment was permanent"</span>. </div></div>

Maybe they'll grow back?. (http://www.thelocal.se/37678/20111201/#)

LWW
12-03-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even though ten years have passed since Fredrik Jansson from Skellefteå in northern Sweden had his leg amputated, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>he must still prove his leg hasn't grown back in order to keep his disabled parking permit.</span>

“It is ridiculous to say the least. It defies all common sense,” Jansson told The Local.

Eleven years ago, Jansson was forced to have his leg amputated after a long battle with cancer.

Despite the fact that it is unlikely his condition will get better, he regularly has to prove to local authorities that he has enough trouble walking to need a disabled parking permit.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“I go down to Umeå once every three years and have a doctor establish my leg is still gone,“</span> he said. </div></div>

What a slacker ... I'm sure he hides his leg so he doesn't have to pay the fine for parking in a handicapped space. (http://www.thelocal.se/36042/20110909/)

LWW
12-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Bump for the statists.

cushioncrawler
12-03-2011, 03:35 PM
If hiz leg were frozen, it kood then be attached if/when surgery finds a good way.
In fakt there iz little to stop him from perhaps finally having 3 legs, or more.
Nah -- i wouldnt trust him.
mac.

wolfdancer
12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Mac, I won't involve myself in the debate....but thanks to medicare, my Mom lived several more years, then she would have without it. AND since most civilized nations have some form of national health care....
Many people think I have 3 legs,but then I tell them that they have me confused with John Holmes.

Stretch
12-03-2011, 11:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mac, I won't involve myself in the debate....but thanks to medicare, my Mom lived several more years, then she would have without it. AND since most civilized nations have some form of national health care....
Many people think I have 3 legs,but then I tell them that they have me confused with John Holmes.
</div></div>

What, they think you are black? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif St.

LWW
12-04-2011, 03:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mac, I won't involve myself in the debate....but thanks to medicare, my Mom lived several more years, then she would have without it. AND since most civilized nations have some form of national health care....
</div></div>

What, they think you are black? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif St. </div></div>

That is a racist stereotype ... and not to be unexpected from a cabal member.

Qtec
12-04-2011, 05:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She sort of hinted that he could have an ordinary <u>electric wheelchair</u>,” Siv Stefansson said.

The electric wheelchair was less desirable as it would still need a carer operating it, </div></div>

BS.

Q

Qtec
12-04-2011, 05:57 AM
The guy had a <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> long struggle with diabetes,</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Evert Stefansson had struggled with his health for a long time. As a long-suffering diabetic his kidneys have taken a beating, as has his eyesight.

About a year ago, his condition took a turn for the worse when his toe suddenly went black.

He was rushed to hospital where they had no other choice than to amputate his leg. Within a year, they had to take his other leg too.
</div></div>

How much did it cost him?????????????????????

My guess is <span style='font-size: 26pt'>ZERO.</span>

You at least got one thing right, your post proves ..."The joy of gubmint run health care!"

He still has his house.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-04-2011, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The guy had a <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> long struggle with diabetes,</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Evert Stefansson had struggled with his health for a long time. As a long-suffering diabetic his kidneys have taken a beating, as has his eyesight.

About a year ago, his condition took a turn for the worse when his toe suddenly went black.

He was rushed to hospital where they had no other choice than to amputate his leg. Within a year, they had to take his other leg too.
</div></div>

How much did it cost him?????????????????????

You at least got one thing right, your post proves ..."The joy of gubmint run health care!"

He still has his house.

Q </div></div>

As usual, more of LWW's deceit.

I am saving thousand of dollars every year on my cancer therapy drugs. Every year, as the doughnut hole continues to close, I save thousands more.

All of this BS about the AHCA, is nothing but political jealousy from the right, because they never addressed the unsustainable costs of medical care in this country, and the BUSH MORON, made damned sure we couldn't negotiate for cheaper drugs for Medicare, or private drug costs, that could have brought down the costs.

Funny, we never heard the Republicans saying a damned thing about paying for anything, throughout the Bush Fiasco, not the wars, not the tax cuts, not reducing or paying for the huge BUSH expensive pharmaceutical give away, Repiglicans just put everything on the credit card, and then turned around and refused to spend anything to stimulate the economy, and charged all of Bush's interest costs to this president's bill.

Now, all of a sudden, we're supposed to think of Repigs, of all people, as being austere, while they are giving away billions upon billions in loopholes and unpaid for subsidies for their corporate polluting thieves, tax cuts for the wealthiest of investors, who don't create a damn thing except higher deficits, and then they have the unmitigated GALL to go about splitting hairs over paying for the payroll tax holiday, while refusing to charge what wouldn't even be noticed or missed by the exorbitantly wealthy, to cover it, though economists from both sides agree that it is essential to continue the payroll holiday to maintain and increase more consumer spending, thereby creating more jobs.

Repubs do not want unemployment numbers to continue to improve.

Plain and simple, and it's obvious. They created the crash, and since, they have consistantly obstructed the recovery!

What a crock of BS they all are!

PIGS!
G.

LWW
12-04-2011, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did it cost him?????????????????????

Q </div></div>

Your guess would be, as usual, wrong.

What this has cost his nation is it's FREEDOM. (http://www.heritage.org/index/country/Sweden)

eg8r
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Are you out of your mind, ZERO? What do you think his inflated taxes go towards? Yep and now that they won't give him a wheelchair he can sit as a prisoner in that house.

eg8r

eg8r
12-04-2011, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, we never heard the Republicans saying a damned thing about paying for anything</div></div>Sorry hypocrite but that whole time there plenty of people speaking out against it. However that is not why you are a hypocrite...that parts comes now when you tell us spend spend spend is the only way. Back then it was horrible now it is great in your fantasy land. I am wondering if those therapy drugs are screwing with your mind.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-04-2011, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, we never heard the Republicans saying a damned thing about paying for anything</div></div>Sorry hypocrite but that whole time there plenty of people speaking out against it. However that is not why you are a hypocrite...that parts comes now when you tell us spend spend spend is the only way. Back then it was horrible now it is great in your fantasy land. I am wondering if those therapy drugs are screwing with your mind.

eg8r </div></div>

Under the conditions prevailing is the key factor.

This country has never cut taxes during war time.

Bush was warned not to do that, by economicsts from both sides, and he did it anyway.

When we are trying to divert a depression, YES, spending is essential to creating stimulus.

And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I saw not one single post of outrage on this forum from any of you righties, While Bush and your famous blank check, earmark record breaking, record breaking spending and borrowing Repiglican Congress was doing the spending, digging a debt ditch and destroying the economy under the auspices of the Bush "Ownership" Soceity, Repiglican deregulatory, and failed VOODOO economics, Trickle Down Reagan deficit expanding policies, and the usual resulting disastrous consequences of Bush, Nixon, Reagan, Bush one, all of whom ignored, and removed, regulatory safeguards, encouraged the Shadow market, no end to the failed policies of Repiglican free market zealots, who scammed the country left and right, lies and corruption unchecked. Lying the country even into a WAR.

You shouldn't worry about my cancer therapy, Ed. It's working.

And again, you show there is no limit to the depth of your low down, rude remarks.

Grow up!

G.

Soflasnapper
12-04-2011, 12:04 PM
I agree with the pushback on this point already mentioned.

Old Yiddish expression: ' "For example,..." is not an argument.'

There are any number of individual stories to be heard on any side of an issue, all of some (limited) interest, but unless one can say they are the typical result, little can be deduced from them as a general matter.

Sure, it sounds like the government making this decision is more than daft. Are we to believe that in our private system here, insurance companies do not make equally ridiculous decisions that strain common sense to a breaking point?

I remember when my mother had her hip replacement surgery, and how soon the insurance policy adjuster wanted her to be discharged from the hospital. Except for our family's strenuous interventions, she would have been discharged a week too early for her health and safety.

This example is of particular hilarity considering how everybody can get such a scooter here at no charge courtesy of Medicare, according to the ads I've seen, for far less reason than missing both legs. Paid for by Medicare, or else they give it to you for free anyway (they claim in their ads).

As for the examples against our more private system, start with the dead Ron Paul campaign guy, who is dead because he couldn't afford some dental work. And then multiply that example by 45,000 dead each year, the estimate for the numbers who die because they lack affordable access to health care by lacking insurance.

eg8r
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, it sounds like the government making this decision is more than daft. Are we to believe that in our private system here, insurance companies do not make equally ridiculous decisions that strain common sense to a breaking point?
</div></div>Do you ever get tired of hearing yourself talk? You are quickly gaining on our resident rant artist.

Anyways, please explain how you think qtip would have framed his thread IF this was an insurance company in the US refusing to pay for a wheelchair for a man in the same predicament? Just be honest.

eg8r

eg8r
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Waaa waaa waaa gayle. You have an excuse all the time but really it is just your fantasy world. As far as your cancer therapy, it might be working but the doctors are not taking care of the side effects. You know, the ones that cause you to lose your brain and cause you to be a witch every time you open your mouth.

eg8r

LWW
12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just be honest.

eg8r </div></div>

You are again holding the bar far too high for our resident cult members.

LWW
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waaa waaa waaa gayle. You have an excuse all the time but really it is just your fantasy world. As far as your cancer therapy, it might be working but the doctors are not taking care of the side effects. You know, the ones that cause you to lose your brain and cause you to be a witch every time you open your mouth.

eg8r </div></div>

We could ask woofie for the inside scoop?

Gayle in MD
12-04-2011, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waaa waaa waaa gayle. You have an excuse all the time but really it is just your fantasy world. As far as your cancer therapy, it might be working but the doctors are not taking care of the side effects. You know, the ones that cause you to lose your brain and cause you to be a witch every time you open your mouth.

eg8r </div></div>

Again, you become more and more repulsive as time goes by.

What a miserable person.

G.