PDA

View Full Version : old pool table

09-25-2002, 02:39 PM
my family owns a very old pool table. my great grandfather (i am 30) bought it from a bar that was going out of business. it took nickels to operate. my great grandfather has passed so i have no idea of knowing how old the pool table could be. i would like to restore to table to as near to original as i can. i cant find a brand name on it anywhere, does anyone know where i could find out how to locate the information i need to restore it or how i could find out who manufactured it? i've never posted here before, my e-mail is fasteddieinkc@hotmail.com any help would be much appreciated. thanx, eddie

nmshooter
09-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Hi Eddie, Im in KC also. I looked into billiards tables a while back and found some restoration companies in this KC area. I cant remember their names offhand but when I come across them I will drop you an email. They might be able to help with recognition or suggestions. Good luck and have fun.

CarolNYC
09-26-2002, 05:58 AM
Hi Eddie,
I,too,have an old table.(1911 Brunswick)I took pictures of it,scanned them and sent them to Brunswick and others for identification.I received an immense amount of info-also, many posters ,on this forum,are knowledgeable about tables!Im guessing this is a bar-size table?Take some pictures and send them out-that might be a good start!
Good luck!
Carol