PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Stinking Deceit In a Radical RW Post

Gayle in MD
12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
<span style="color: #990000">This is the sort of deceitful, slanted posting style, cherry picking and deleting, that RWers are known for doing around here.

They intentionally post part of a story, and leave out the correction included from the VP's staff, who is being attacked byb Fux Noise, the radical RW Propaganda organization, known for their corruption around the world.

Some Righties can't get past assumming that everyone else is as stupid as they are. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Monday, Biden's press office issued a statement in response to this story, denying the bunker report.

"What the Vice President described in his comments was not -- as some press reports have suggested -- an underground facility, but rather, an upstairs workspace in the residence, which he understood was frequently used by Vice President Cheney and his aides," said Biden's spokesperson Elizabeth Alexander. "That workspace was converted into an upstairs guestroom when the Bidens moved into the residence. There was no disclosure of classified information."

Read more: </div></div>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/18/biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/#ixzz1fmBOy4ui

"Ronald Reagan Proved that deficits don't matter."

Dickhead Cheneycrook

Soflasnapper
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
The problem for the Veep here is several fold.

One is that he has a deserved reputation for foot-in-mouth disease. The second, which is more fair than just relying on his reputation to then say this is typical, is that it was reported exactly as this thing by Eleanor Clift, from her own listening to the Veep when he said it.

I presume you know who Ms. Clift is and that she leans strongly to the Democratic Party side of things. So her report would not be tainted by anti-Democrat or anti-liberal bias, and any right wing repeating of the story would have to be considered quite fair, and not coming from a biased source originally. (Or biased in the other direction, more accurately).

The problem the Veep attackers have in continuing to repeat this is that in the meantime, the Veep spokesperson explained things in a way that made it far less likely that Ms. Clift's take was correct.

But more importantly, this is an attempted reprise of something that wasn't much of a hit even in its day. About 2-1/2 years ago.

Bringing it up now smacks of desperation. It gained no traction at the time, and therefore cannot now. Among sane people, I mean, of course.

Gayle in MD
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
My thoughts precisely, lol. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

eg8r
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The second, which is more fair than just relying on his reputation to then say this is typical, is that it was reported exactly as this thing by Eleanor Clift, from her own listening to the Veep when he said it...the Veep spokesperson explained things in a way that made it far less likely that Ms. Clift's take was correct.
</div></div>I don't really remember this story very much so I do agree this obviously did not have much traction during its first go around. How did Clift misinterpret what she heard Biden say?

eg8r

LWW
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The second, which is more fair than just relying on his reputation to then say this is typical, is that it was reported exactly as this thing by Eleanor Clift, from her own listening to the Veep when he said it...the Veep spokesperson explained things in a way that made it far less likely that Ms. Clift's take was correct.
</div></div>I don't really remember this story very much so I do agree this obviously did not have much traction during its first go around. How did Clift misinterpret what she heard Biden say?

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.
According to Clift's report on the Newsweek blog, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment." </div></div>

Everybody has at one time or another accidentally referred to a spare upstairs bedroom as an underground bunker that you get to through a steel blast door and down a narrow tunnel jammed with electronics.

Could happen to anyone.

Or, even better, you can tell a whopper of an alibi like this to the O-cult and they will nod their collectivist heads in slavish unison.

eg8r
12-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I am just wondering how the source that sofla is referring to is saying she misinterpreted it. Meaning she said that Biden said one thing but he really meant something else? But what was that "something else".

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Don't look around for Ms. Clift's statement of error or misinterpretation. I doubt she's offered one.

What is the claim of what this place was, that Biden was describing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed,

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/18/biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/#ixzz1fnzgQIrN

</div></div> It was where the VP's aides went. Not the VP, his aides.

Which is why the place described isn't the (underground) bunker, but maybe a 'safe' room in the above-ground residence. Or maybe the communications/control area. But not the bunker.

LWW
12-07-2011, 02:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just wondering how the source that sofla is referring to is saying she misinterpreted it. Meaning she said that Biden said one thing but he really meant something else? But what was that "something else".

eg8r </div></div>

Once again ... whatever "explanation" the regime offers is what sofa will regurgitate on command.