PDA

View Full Version : Why the Goremons are dangerous people!

LWW
12-07-2011, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A HEADTEACHER got a roasting yesterday for turning the school heating OFF on one of the coldest days of the year to save the planet.

Pupils shivered in coats, hats and scarves as temperatures fell to just 1C (34F).

Head Rob Benzie switched off the radiators to show how the secondary school could cut its carbon footprint.

But some staff and parents slammed the "barbaric" plan.

One teacher called it "beyond stupid" and added: "It was absolutely ridiculous.

"I've never worked in such cold. I'm all for saving the planet but this was barbaric.

"Nobody could work properly and kids could not even grip a pen through their gloves." The mum of a 12-year-old at Ansford Academy in Castle Cary, Somerset, said: "She was shaking when she came home. I was absolutely furious."

A dad added: "Turning the heating off in December is just mental.

"I can't believe the kids learnt anything. I'm very angry with the school."</div></div>

This is nuckin futz! (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3980024/School-turns-heating-off-to-save-planet.html)

eg8r
12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
LOL, these people are idiots. If they had any intelligence at all they would see even Gore does not practice what he preaches.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Let's see how this developed.

The idea came from the students themselves? Check.

"The idea was actually thought up by a small number of pupils from our student eco-group."

The idea was disclosed ahead of time to the parents of the children? Check.

We sent letters to parents telling them of the plan.

Nobody objected ahead of time, and only one staff member objected at the time? Check.

"Everyone seemed happy enough although it did get pretty chilly. "We had only one complaint and that was from a member of staff. But in the end they just got on with it."

And this is dangerous, because.... (???)

The children became hypothermic, and had to be rushed to the hospital for stabilizing their core body temperatures, having nearly died, right? No?

But it was so dangerous! Something must have happened bad, I'm sure. What's that? Children were shivering? Oh dear!

Soflasnapper
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, these people are idiots. If they had any intelligence at all they would see even Gore does not practice what he preaches.

eg8r </div></div>

Yes, he does. He buys carbon credit offsets for his excess carbon footprint, just as he advices others do.

eg8r
12-07-2011, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, he does. He buys carbon credit offsets</div></div>Wake up, you know this is all bull crap anyways. On top of that, isn't he buying them from a company he already owns? Now why do you think he is making this public??? Hello McFly, because he wants others to do the same thing, which means more money flowing into his bank account. On top of that he still lives the life he wants to because he can afford to make "fake" carbon offset purchases by moving his own money around in his own bank accounts. He is basically showing how rich people move their money around. I am positive there are tax savings there somewhere if you look for them.

Al Gore has played you for a fool. He is a business man. One simple example is that in this age of telecommunications the ability to meet virtually has never been better. Instead of virtually giving his "talks" around the world and having the ability to show true tangible savings, he instead jumps up on his corporate jet. Obama loathes this idea or he doesn't want to tell the truth.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Al Gore has played you for a fool.

??? Not really; I do not buy carbon credit offsets.

Instead of virtually giving his "talks" around the world and having the ability to show true tangible savings, he instead jumps up on his corporate jet. Obama loathes this idea or he doesn't want to tell the truth.

I think you meant Gore instead of Obama, as you wrote?

I highly doubt Gore has never done a virtual meeting. I believe I've seen such a virtual meeting's video on the web.

eg8r
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">??? Not really; I do not buy carbon credit offsets.
</div></div>Actually yes really. You honestly thought he was doing his "part" to reduce his carbon footprint based on his sales pitch when all he was doing was advertising for his company to get richer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you meant Gore instead of Obama, as you wrote?
</div></div>No, I meant exactly what I typed. Gore uses his corporate jet to "jet" around the world making money. Obama spoke out against corporate jets earlier this year much to the ire of Warren Buffet.

eg8r

LWW
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's see how this developed.

The idea came from the students themselves? Check.</div></div>

So did smoking hemp behind the bleachers, tobacco in the johns and teen pregnancy.

And your point is?

What's that?

You don't actually have one?

Nobody thought you did.

LWW
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And this is dangerous, because.... (???)</div></div>

The common cold ... hypothermia ... frostbite ... pneumonia ... anything else I can help you with?