PDA

View Full Version : Protect an autographed cue

WeS
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Massey and getting my playing cue autographed. Now im trying to figure out how to protect the autograph without ruining it or my cue. Any sugestions or tips would be greatly apreciated!

Rich R.
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
1. Retire it from use.
2. Have a cue maker spray a few coats of clear coat over the cue.
3. Try paper next time.

Why would any one have their playing cue autographed? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

WeS
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you Rich. Had him autograph the cue because.....well it was the only cool thing I had with me to get autographed! lol Also could have had him sign a peice of paper but just didn't seem fiting to have such a great pool player sign a peice of paper.

Sid_Vicious
12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Retire the cue, or decide if Massey's sig is worth it. If not in after thought, just shoot pool with it. If it was me,,,I'd find it a good time to justify buying a new cue ;-) I do have to say in all honesty that I'd have done the same thing as you did many years back, or even "tomorrow" under similar circumstances. Massey most likely wouldn't be my focus though,,,nothing against the guy...sid

jjinfla
12-08-2011, 06:45 AM
What's with the hate Sid? This is Christmas, a time for joy. Why put Massey down?

I had the pleasure of watching Mike Massey practice on the practice table on 12-1-05 when he was invited to play in Orlando for the IPT. Seemed like a happy person to me. Autographed a cue ball for me. "Jesus loves us" Mike Massey.

TomBrooklyn
06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Can you put some varnish over it and continue playing with it? It might be a good idea to match the finish material that is on it now, if you can find out what that is.

I think the signature would be more valuable as a conversation piece where people could see it while your out using it; then it would be preserved in storage somewhere where few will see it.

enjoydgame
11-10-2012, 06:11 AM
You are lucky that you got Mike Massey’s autograph on the cue and it is really cool. Since it is very precious for you now so I would suggest you to retire the cue and use new cue for game.

Sid_Vicious
11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
There was no hate intended. I have just not been high on any signatured cues, unless possibly from a major cue builder. I appreciate Massey for his amazing skills in trick pool. Trick pool simply doesn't express over all billiards, so I gave a personal opinion about the signature. That was all there was to it. sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjinfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the hate Sid? This is Christmas, a time for joy. Why put Massey down?

I had the pleasure of watching Mike Massey practice on the practice table on 12-1-05 when he was invited to play in Orlando for the IPT. Seemed like a happy person to me. Autographed a cue ball for me. "Jesus loves us" Mike Massey. </div></div>

Fran Crimi
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
I would think it's difficult to preserve properly if he autographed it on top of the finish. Perhaps you can check with a local cue maker and ask how you can preserve the signature.